Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Listening to Insomnium - Winter's Gate at this moment.

My whole body is feeling weird right now...
    I heard you liked Insomnium, here's the new Dark Tranquility.

Deleted
    Thanks for posting the new Dark Tranquillity track. It will officially be released tomorrow.

Seems this channel uploaded the Insomnium album too. Enjoy it while it lasts! Won't be long before it's all removed I bet.

DT is going to be an amazing album and I can't wait.

Too many great albums coming out these last few weeks, damn!

Nothgard coming out soon too. Going to listen to it after I finish Insomnium.

And Aephanemer uploaded their entire album on youtube too not long ago.

^ Bought the Collector's Edition box from them. Eagerly awaiting for it to arrive!

Oww. Don't forget Mist of Misery from late August!

Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2016-09-22 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    The new Insomnium album leaked earlier, but I haven't listened to it yet. I can't say that I'm really interested unless they changed their sound significantly though. New DT sounds like modern DT. In the early stages of the album, Stanne said that it sounded a lot more aggressive and more like their old material which is not something I can hear in that song. Still, Construct was a solid record and I'm definitely looking forward to the new one.
    A little bit more patience and we'll find out. I find We are the Void and Construct their weakest albums.

Insomnium was okay. Since the Day it all Came Down and Above the Weeping World are albums I still come back regulary. They have the most aggressive music. Winter's Gate was a fine listen. Nonetheless, it's always a pleasure to hear Insomnium live, they are amazing.

Deleted
    I just finished my first listen. The first song is leagues above the rest of the album but the last song was quite enjoyable too. I still think Above the Weeping World was their best album and it's the one I listened to the most though I haven't touched it in years. I think I exhausted their music for myself.

My DT albums of choice would always be from the 90s. The Gallery, The Mind's I and Projector were their best in my eyes but most of their post 2000s output was fairly solid. If I had to pick, I'd probably agree that We Are the Void is their weakest album.
    Damage Done and Fiction for me. Dark Tranquillity took for me the longest out of the Gothenburg bands to get used to. Monochromatic Stains was the first track that I really liked and started exploring them more ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the proggy incorporations in the new Insomnium, it makes the band sound fresh as menthol gum when they were in danger of becoming stale bread if they followed the predicted clean melodeath approach.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good extreme black metal from the US. Not sure was this linked already.

(As a warning, some accusations about the band being Nazis but this is not NSBM, and the accusations seem rather fabricated to me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, someone posted it a few pages ago, I think. I've heard about Inquisition supposedly being nazis before, but that seems to be up in the air so it doesn't really bother me. I was actually a bit surprised that this album really made me come back for some tracks.

It's a pretty standard Inquisition album, neither really good or bad. Songs like Wings of Anu and Power from the Center of the Cosmic were actually rather nice.

Unrelated: Have some mathy, german deathgrind.
    https://vaulting.bandcamp.com/album/vanitas
    Ah my apologies for double posting it then. I am rather busy at the moment and miss sometimes entire pages. I should perhaps read up a bit better. The album is in deed pretty standard Inquisition but it has a couple of very good tracks like the Wings of Anu you mentioned for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be nice if people would try to keep up more instead of just dropping in, posting a link and heading off. I feel that might encourage conversation a bit more.
    Aye you are definitely right about that. Sometimes hard to keep up lately because it is incredibly fragmented with random posts (that includes my own for that matter).

10+ Year Old Account
    That Mithras track, oh my. Sarpanitum indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

AKA Crimson III, now on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like... 5 years ago I honestly wouldn't have expected not to care about a Devin Townsend release. But everything I've heard in the past couple years and the few tracks I listened to from this album just are so incredibly fucking boring. It's rehashing the same thing over and over again.

Deleted
    Hmmmm Insomnuims new album, need to listen to that.

Also this guy makes really good covers

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who rather Youtube than Bandcamp:

Saw Devin Townsend, Fallujah and Between the Buried & Me last night.

Fallujah was decent. But the set was rather short.

Between the Buried & Me were atrocious and played for like an 70 minutes. Total fucking garbage.

Devin was wonderful and played about an hour and change. Super charismatic. He only played 3 new songs but the rest was from a lot of his solo work- Zilthoid, Ocean Machine, Infinity, et cetera.

Terrific show Devin & the band put on. Very engaging and the audience was very hyped.

Last edited by bestellen; 2017-05-29 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Saw Devin Townsend, Fallujah and Between the Buried & Me last night.

Fallujah was decent. But the set was rather short.

Between the Buried & Me were atrocious and played for like an 70 minutes. Total fucking garbage.

Devin was wonderful and played about an hour and change. Super charismatic. He only played 3 new songs but the rest was from a lot of his solo work- Zilthoid, Ocean Machine, Infinity, et cetera.

Terrific show Devin & the band put on. Very engaging and the audience was very hyped.
    Hey there! It's my first post on MMO-Champion, I'm here from WoW. I'm wondering why you thought BTBAM was awful? They are one of my favorite metal bands, and I've already purchased a ticket to this exact tour in Arizona on the 7th.
    I'm not asking to flame, I'm asking because it astounds me that they would put on a bad show. I've seen them so many times in the past, all of them being incredible experiences for both myself and the audience around me. What about it did you not enjoy? Is there something I should go in expecting?

I was really looking forward to seeing them play a lot of their Coma Ecliptic album, and you have me worried :/

saw Slayer, Anthrax, and Death Angel last tuesday. 2nd time seeing slayer, they were great. Anthrax was more fun to see though. And death angel, it was like whats up why haven't i every paid attention to you guys.

great show, great thrash bands
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by theprojekt View Post
    Hey there! It's my first post on MMO-Champion, I'm here from WoW. I'm wondering why you thought BTBAM was awful?
    Well, their music isn't very good. Beside that BTBM did like nothing. They stood relatively still in front of some flashing lights, staring at their instruments or the floor- no enthusiasm shown. BTBM played for a LONG time too, too long; it was all mid tempo squawking followed by the occasional blast beat or breakdown.

There was nothing to their show.

If one is partial to Between the Buried & Me's music it is likely this type of show will be less irksome. I dislike their music and style. An uninspired, low energy live show with almost no banter or acknowledgment they were even playing a gig was not very engaging- and didn't win over non-BTBM fans.

Pretty awful. Exactly what a live band shouldn't be doing on tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, their music isn't very good. Beside that BTBM did like nothing. They stood relatively still in front of some flashing lights, staring at their instruments or the floor- no enthusiasm shown. BTBM played for a LONG time too, too long; it was all mid tempo squawking followed by the occasional blast beat or breakdown.

There was nothing to their show.

If one is partial to Between the Buried & Me's music it is likely this type of show will be less irksome. I dislike their music and style. An uninspired, low energy live show with almost no banter or acknowledgment they were even playing a gig was not very engaging- and didn't win over non-BTBM fans.

Pretty awful. Exactly what a live band shouldn't be doing on tour.
    Interesting. I've never seen them not throw a fantastic show. If you don't like their music though I guess that would add to it, since I love it. I don't like Fellujah so i'm hoping they don't make their set boring.