Rogue pvp 8/51/12

I joined up with a few guys to get 10 games for the week. i was pve combat when we started at like 700-800 rating. The set up was Disc priest Muti Rogue Comb rogue, and it seems to be working out pretty well. we hit 1.1k rating in just a couple of hours winning most games we played. Most games worked out to be Muti Rogue and priest getting most of the attention and me waiting for someone to fall out and try to get into a free cast position where i would blow cool downs and hope i could get a full 1v1 killing spree on them.

This is the spec I'm using ATM: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...s,3bJO-e,11723

Geming for full out AP, Was wondering if anyone had anything to input that i might be able to use to improve this spec

**All Re-spec-ing jokes are Pre-Vetoed**

Re: Rogue pvp 8/51/12

if you insist on playing an awkward comp/spec which probably wont get you to 1800, gem armor pen
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Why is Arpen so good, and where would a person find decent maces if they were so inclined?

Why is armor pen so good? Because very, very little of your attacks go through armor as combat, and killing a plate class will be like trying to kill a level 83 elite with your fists.

From the Battered Hilt
    From Festergut 10
    For downing Anub heroic 25 with 25 attempts left

for arena points?
    other specs will work as well, but mace is imo the best

I know combat will never be the top pvp spec, At least in wrath. It just sparked my interest this morning. I'm playing around with it for fun. that being said, I Have been tweaking the spec a bit this morning.

I worked in serrated blades for an extra 9% Arpen + mace spec's 15% Arpen gives 24% Arpen Passively making 100% arpen a real possibility i think. (haven't done the math yet)

Wishing i could get 5/5 Relentless strikes because i can see this being a problem when i blow off a finish and have no energy left and can do nothing but watch my target be healed to full while i swing my arms in a windmill of auto-attacking fury...

I like the addition of Ghostly strike, in conjunction with Unfair Advantage (Thanks K4ge)

I stuck BF back in because i couldn't understand why you would have taken it out. If you could explain that to me that would be awesome, I like it it seemed to help put stress on the healer when i could get 2 people in a BF+SnD+Ks which happens alot more then you might think. Its alright for burning a single target and i haven't seen it break a CC yet. Not saving it hasn't, just saying if it has i didn't see it happen.

I play a gnome FYI, so im thinking Imp Sprint looses some of its usefulness when i have a racial for the same effect, I realize its another way to break snare/root but i feel the points might be better spent in imp SnD. (Also i am thinking about race changing to human, mace or sword spec, a little Expertise never hurts. This has nothing to do with the spec its just a side note, and I hate gnome camera view...)

The bonus that SnD gives to attack speed provides more white attacks (D'uh, I'm going somewhere with this). More Whites = More Poison, More Combat Potency, More Sword Spec proc's (Untill I get some Decent mace's). Now that I'm thinking of it this also applies to my BF argument.

Not having Prey on the weak is a smart move, and frees up 5 points. good call. I'm not sure where my head was at with that...MOVING ON.

Throwing Spec.... Simply put, No. "But it would be good for.." No. This is something we are gonna differ on =P

Glyphs...
    Sinister Strike
    Killing Spree
    _____________ I Am playing with a few idea's and seeing how we are focusing on Arp maybe Glyph of Expose armor for +12s of -20% Armor (Passive Arp SB 9% + Mace Spec 15% + Expose Armor 20% = 44% Arp ? Correct me if I'm doing it wrong here.). Expose armor i have read is pretty nerf-tastic i am told but with a second rogue in the group i don't think putting it up would do us any harm. 2 melee Dps, very fast attacks.

Another glyph I'm thinking about is BF. 100% E cost reduction. 20% IAS and Sweeping strikes effect for 1 GCD.

Glyph of eviscerate.... Pretty self explanatory, Crit > Non-Crits

Glyph of gouge, I have the talent to make it last longer might as well have it cost less E right? Longer CC, Less E cost, More E to burn what your not CCing.

*edit* - I was looking at Defensive glyphs too, but my Cos is 30s CD i have a 30% dodge full time +evasion on a 2min and Ghostly strike, more stamina than most rogues too. Another question would be if i stack arp will i see a difference VS cloth or will it be about the same as gemming AP?

I don't know for sure, but i think that's every thing i have come up with thus far to add.

*Edit* - forgot to link the spec... http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...a,JbfOe-,11723

Here's the thing about Armor Penetration.

Let's say a Paladin has around, oh, 21k Armor, and that gives him a 60% Damage Reduction to Melee Attacks.

Now, with a 100% Armor Penetration, you would be -ignoring- that 60% damage reduction to your melee hits, and doing more damage to him. The same with clothies, leather, ect..

So, as a combat rogue for PvP, you're going to want that 100% ArP bonus for you, so, stacking enough gems, and don't forget the talent bonus, would help you out quite a bit.

Warriors stack Armor Penetration for raids, and PvP, since they rely so much on Melee hits. So, I hope you understand that now.

Peace.

I think i have a pretty good grip on the whole Arp thing now, thanks very much. If anyone could give me some input to the rest of my last post that would be awesome.

Holy shit, of course you spec blade flurry, that was just brainfail on my part