Thread: Good Bye Combat

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Good Bye Combat

Its a sad day as a combat rogue with this new patch.

Having some of the best gear in the game I watched in amazement as casters simply annihilate us in 25 man raids.
    The sad part is, prior to the raid I dual specd into Assass to try out Mutilate. With my heroic Rib Spreader, and Regular Lung Breaker i was pumping out almost 2.5k more dps than my combat spec. All I did was simply equip the daggers and switch specs. I don't have a shred of mutilate gear(I realize some gear is interchangeable between specs)...

The overall game play of Combat feels very clunky. Energy regen is insane. There is no sense in timing KS at a low energy point to recup during KS. You will always cap no matter when u use it, so just pop it on CD. Adren Rush is pretty much only useful for the same reason. With energy regen so fast, I only really needed it for the haste buff. And lastly Blade Flurry...Garbage without the haste and now penalty to energy regen (even with the lol glyph).

Mutilate definitely felt much better/smoother to play. And this is coming from a rogue who has never played a day as mutilate in his life..

I am in the exact same boat, combat needs many fixes, R.I.P.

Trust me at 85 combat is actually a awesome pvp specc (better than mutilate IMO) But i clearly believe that combat was nerfed so hard because of the removal of ARP.

Yup :/ mutilate just rapes too hard. Good thing I have daggers

Lol, I have 2 H Ribspreaders I was stupid and vendored my old lungbreaker, I just put in a ticket to get it back (I always told myself I would never go mut so I didn't mind selling it)

Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...
    It was still better than mut. Mut had a lot of ramp up time and I hated having to keep HfB up. So glad they got rid of that terrible talent

Mut rampup time was no more than 3-4 seconds. Either you had someone else put a bleed up and you open with mut pop snd and hfb and start the envenom spamming or you had to bleed for yourself and open with garrote pop snd and hfb and start envenom spamming. Either one is faster than building up 5cps for rupture then building up cps for snd (or vice versa).

At any rate, it's combats turn to sit on the bench and subs turn in the limelight. Sub is much more involved than either of the other two specs. So many more buttons to push and so many more things to keep track of.

Have they fixed the HAT bug where someone in the raid critting on another mob than the one you're hitting removes the CPs on your current target?
    If not, I'll wait a bit before I start raiding sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Prandur View Post
    Have they fixed the HAT bug where someone in the raid critting on another mob than the one you're hitting removes the CPs on your current target?
    If not, I'll wait a bit before I start raiding sub.
    I lost my CP last night when targetting a mob. This must be why..

Deleted
    like many rogues on our server (blade's edge) im realy confused and baffled what happend to the combat spec.

Im trying not to qq here but lets face it, i think till 85 a rogue has almost no use in a raid because of his very average (crappy) dps. Almost all other classes esp caster do like sometimes 3k or more dps on boss fights. So my question to blizzard is what is exactly the reason to nerve rogues that hard?! Its not like we bring buffs to raids or are more handy then other classes so why the nerves? Whas armor penetration a cheat in the eyes of developers to get rid of it? Its almost like " rogues get used to NOT topping the meters anymore and settle for 5 th place on bossfights".

So instead of complaining i realy want some answers whats going on with combat spec and the reasons behind the nerves.

rogues of all specs bring some pretty serious raid buffs as of cata, so I'm not too concerned with us not ALSO topping every meter. As I stated earlier, we currently have 2 viable raiding specs... Combat just isn't one of them anymore.

Deleted
    So you realy think that its blizzard who decides what spec i should play? All rogues are very itchy when it comes to dps. But a difference of 2k to 3k between 2 specs is just silly.

And i if you realy think a rogue is useful for his buffs its time to talk to some serious raidleaders.
    Last edited by mmoced10e1008b; 2010-10-14 at 03:20 PM.

5% crit, 30% bleed damage, 4% physical damage, 8% spell damage, 20% armor reduction... sounds pretty serious to me...

Blizzard has always decided which spec we play. Ever raided with a Frost Mage, BM Hunter, or Sub Rogue?

Deleted
    Com on be serious. We all know that olmost all other classes bring more buffs then rogues. Its a fact from day 1 the game was born. We ARE in a raid for only 1 purpose and that is to do dps as much as possible and as quick as possible. All the other stuff is usefull but not in comparison like moonkins, priests, pallys and so on. But im not here to defend my position in a raid but to ask blizzard whats going on.

I'm being completely serious. We bring the same 8% spell power buff as warlocks and boomkins. We bring the same 5% crit as feral druids. The same 30% bleed damage as arms warriors and feral druids. The same armor debuff as warriors and druids. The same threat redirection as hunters. This isn't vanilla anymore, rogues have utility as well as high DPS now that buffs are bring spread out more. I'd suggest that anyone who tells you that rogues bring nothing to raids "talk to some serious raidleaders".

It's obvious what Blizzard has going on. Combat's not currently optimal/viable. If you like Combat THAT much, continue to play it. The 4% physical damage debuff is still helpful if you don't have an Arms warrior or Frost DK in the raid. But expect to get the same treatment that BM Hunters got all through WotLK when they said "yo dawg im BM and I HAS FEROCIOUS INSPIRATION so invite pl0x".

Or Blizzard will buff Combat's damage and we'll have 3 viable raiding specs. *shrug*

Im opting for option 3 here. Hoping they buff it to be comparable to the other specs. Its sad that a fully geared combat rogue (yes we use different gear between mut and combat) can toss on a couple dagger, go mut spec, and do so much more dps. With the changes to Adren rush and KS (the talent that lowers their cd's in combat), and the addition of RS, combat seems much more demanding/clunky than mutilate.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRog View Post
    There is no sense in timing KS at a low energy point to recup during KS. You will always cap no matter when u use it, so just pop it on CD.
    I heard a rumor, that you can use other abilities when KS is active. Havent checked it yet.

This is ridiculous. The patch is live for two days now and you guys have nothing better to do than ranting about a balancing issue?
    Everything will be fine come Cataclysm when the tweaking is done.
    Relax guys.
    Don't hate the player - hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat has been good since early vanilla