Thread: Don't Be Fooled

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm not off track at all. You keep stating that there's less content, and I'm showing you that there isn't. Your counter is to say 'ignore this guy, I don't want to respond to him'?

Blizzard has said each level after 80 will take longer than it did from 70-80, which means it'll feel like a bigger accomplishment when you finally hit 81, or 82, or ultimately 85. To do this with less zones, each zone must obviously be denser and full of more quests than each zone in WotLK, which means there is just as much content, you simply aren't going to get to spam your gchat with DING as often.
    Yet I never once said there is less content because we are only leveling from 80-85, you did. So unless you want to reread my posts and reply to what I actually did say rather than assuming what I said I dont feel the need to reply to your comments.

If we reread your post and still don't get your point I don't think you're as clear as you think you are.

I still fail how it's naive to point out that just because the content isn't what that person wanted, doesn't mean it didn't take just as much or more of the developers time. Sure, it would be nice if Blizzard could add tons of content all the time for end game raiders, but it's just not feasible. At this point, Blizzard is realizing that a lot of the player base doesn't care about end game, so they're trying to balance it, make the non-end game fun again, while still giving end-game players some nice new stuff. I feel like they are succeeding, and that person, who I can't be bothered to look back and find his name, was being childish and petulant, crying that Cataclysm wasn't the game HE wanted it to be. It's disrespectful and, frankly, stupid to assume that you are the only type of person who plays the game, and that ALL development should be geared toward your playstyle.

wow, relly, a mod here should ban some of you for your attitude, i don't see why some of the trolls that posted here takes cata so personal ... go outside for a change ...

OT: Cata will have more content then BC and Wrath (at the launch of the exp), as someone just sayed wrath had just 3 raids on launch, but i do somewhat get what you wanted to say, the expansion is not what a lot of people hoped for, a lot of it is focused on old content that will result in many cases on a reroll (and they just stated they want to "increase" chracter slots but ofc for $)

Anyway cata is a expansion dedicated to get the dust,mud,crap etc. from the 1-60 zones and convert it in to something shiny, take it as it is, people will buy it ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Yet I never once said there is less content because we are only leveling from 80-85, you did. So unless you want to reread my posts and reply to what I actually did say rather than assuming what I said I dont feel the need to reply to your comments.
    Yet, he still has a point. People purchase items for the features that they are most interested in, not those they dont care about. If I am interested in buying a sports car for the sole purpose of recreational driving I dont really care how much trunk space it has or that a baby seat could easily fit in the back seat. A majority of sales of Cat will come from existing players so the main features of Cat should be driven towards end game progression. Given the current stagnant change in subscription numbers (it may have gone down, but it certainly hasnt gone up) indicates that Blizz needs to focus more on current customers rather than new ones.

This is product that we all pay for hence we all care what goes into it. I am not going to praise features and development I dont care about just because it took developers hours and hours to complete them. It is the stoic attitude of business and to think otherwise is being naive and illogical.
    Here you go. You are quoting a reference to a post talking about how there is less content in 80-85 than there was in 70-80. If that isn't your point, perhaps you should strive to either A) be more clear, or B) stop lying.

There are not nearly enough boots for the heads of some of these OP's, lately...
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Just for the sake of clarity, where exactly are you feeling underwhelmed for Cata? I re-read all of your posts in this thread, and it hasn't been made perfectly clear yet.

Deleted
    I heard that people like to listen to Lady Deathwhisper's speech. twice a week.

Dont judge before youve f'in tried it

Here you go. You are quoting a reference to a post talking about how there is less content in 80-85 than there was in 70-80. If that isn't your point, perhaps you should strive to either A) be more clear, or B) stop lying.
    No, again you arent reading what I posted. I even expanded on the point he made in this post by providing an example. Never in my post did I specifically agree with all he said. Honestly, I shouldnt even have to explain this so either please either take the time to read and understand my posts or I will simply ignore you.

Or would you rather I put that into an A and B system which you seem fond of?

How's the alpha? Since you have played it and all
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

No, again you arent reading what I posted. I even expanded on the point he made in this post by providing an example. Never in my post did I specifically agree with all he said. Honestly, I shouldnt even have to explain this so either please either take the time to read and understand my posts or I will simply ignore you.

Why would you support a point that you don't agree with? Or at least, why would you support a point you don't agree with without specifically saying that you're playing devil's advocate and don't agree with it? See, NOW we're off base from the original topic and need to bring it back under control.

Please do. I mean, I want to see if you could.

it's going to take you just as long to level from 80 to 85 as it did from 70 to 80, which means that the zones all have more content than the WotLK zones. Derp.
    thats faulty logic. you can turn off XP gain and you'll NEVER reach level 85, that doesnt mean there's some magical infinite content though.

whether i find cataclysm enjoyable or not, if you look at the 'new content' being delivered, there's precious little that couldnt just as easily be released as a long overdue vanilla patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    No that is the point. Quit bitching on the forums about this. If you don't want the expansion then don't get it. Don't make threads about it. Quit WoW. I'm sick of the fucking crying about this.
    This... just this. It is so goddamn annoying. Just quit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    Just for the sake of clarity, where exactly are you feeling underwhelmed for Cata? I re-read all of your posts in this thread, and it hasn't been made perfectly clear yet.
    Though I do feel underwhelmed about the end game progression in Cat I wont post specific reasons here simply because most of the posters in this thread are foaming at the mouth for a flame argument. It would also be off track of my original point.

And to clarify my original point was simply that although they are many features available in Cat, it is perfectly acceptable to not agree with every one of them and be able to voice your opinion about why. It is very true that the features one enjoys might not be enjoyed by another, but that doesnt mean either one doesnt have the right to constructively complain. Sadly, these forums are not conducive to hold an actual mature discussion of potential negative aspects of Cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long does it take for trolls to get banned nowadays? Jesus.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    thats faulty logic. you can turn off XP gain and you'll NEVER reach level 85, that doesnt mean there's some magical infinite content though.

whether i find cataclysm enjoyable or not, if you look at the 'new content' being delivered, there's precious little that couldnt just as easily be released as a long overdue vanilla patch.
    It's not faulty logic. Say it took you... a day to reach level 71 from 70 (using an arbitrary amount of time). It's going to take you 2 days to reach 81 from 80, because the amount of experience needed is greatly increased while the amount of experience you get from each quest isn't going to be increased by as much, proportionally. I know Blizz has stated more than once that it will take people just as long to reach 85 as it did to reach 80.

Though I do feel underwhelmed about the end game progression in Cat I wont post specific reasons here simply because most of the posters in this thread are foaming at the mouth for a flame argument. It would also be off track of my original point.

And to clarify my original point was simply that although they are many features available in Cat, it is perfectly acceptable to not agree with every one of them and be able to voice your opinion about why. It is very true that the features one enjoys might not be enjoyed by another, but that doesnt mean either one doesnt have the right to constructively complain. Sadly, these forums are not conducive to hold an actual mature discussion of potential negative aspects of Cat.
    Well I think there is plenty of content, and we can leave it at that. However your post were muddled and rather inflammatory.

You seem to forget a lot, like those new battlegrounds, Tol Barad, two new races, and the fact that the lvl 1-60 zones are being completely changed. I can finally level a non-DK alt because I won't be bored to death by the mind numbingly boring Vanilla quests. The new quests will definitely keep people more interested while leveling, and help attract and keep new players. I know I quit WoW because leveling was just too boring when I first started playing many years ago.

Not to mention that all bosses will have a heroic mode, while WotLK only had one boss with a hard mode. WotLK only had two new bosses too, while the other fifteen bosses were all re used. It takes more time to create completely new encounters than just fixing some numbers from some old raid.

Sure, I'm not happy about losing Path of the Titans, but that's the only thing I'm not happy about, and pretty much the only substantial thing that has been removed that I see.
    Last edited by JeeBa; 2010-06-15 at 05:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    i completely agree, im tired of all these half assed players jumping ship for what looks nicer in the wg wins, come to nathrezim, we have games where theres only 3 alliance members in wg, 3, its the most epic game of hide and go seek the raid boss

my care mug is empty

therefore, all i can say is: quit wow and commit suicide.