Thread: Class Idea

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Idea

So, I've been working on trying to put some finishing touches on my worgen character's bio, and I was honestly a little uncomfortable about a feral worgen druid, which is essentially what he is. Then I had the idea for a racial specific form of druidism, which at the moment I can't come up with a better name than Animalism, and essentially what it is, is a combination of the worgen curse, and traditional druid shape shifting, allowing a specialized worgen druid to combine the "were" nature of their curse with the specific animal totems, I.E. "Were"-Bear/Cat forms allowing for more flexible combat (thank god for opposable thumbs?) in the specific forms, perhaps at reduced stamina/agility compared to the regular feral forms.

Anyway, I figured I'd post the idea here and get whatever feedback I can. (As a side-note, my love for catgirls did not factor into this idea, and I didn't even think about that until after I'd started typing this thread =P )
    Last edited by Hauroch; 2010-07-01 at 05:37 PM.

Well the lore on the subject is slim to none, but it is a sound idea. You may want to wait for the Moderators to look the entire bio over (The Madgod, Garots). I think its a good idea seeing as Worgen Druids dont make a lot of sense to me (I understand why they have them, just not the point of it)

I'm glad your love for catgirls didn't factor into this.

Good luck writing your bio!
    “The shadows will hide me until my true power is recognized.”
    RP Character -- Niklaus "Nick" Giorgiovo (My First)

Heh, yeah it doesn't matter too much either way, his story is pretty much the same, with a few changes here and there. I'd just prefer it if he didn't have to get down on all fours

This form of feral druidism is actually what I thought the troll druids would do. It's plausible, and that's what matters.

Also, why did you point out your love of cat girls? kinda random right there haha

Wanted to cover all bases and try to head off any trolls that happened to SOMEHOW find my thread and start calling me a furry lover, heh

Furry.

Lore changes, so you best be prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Add a boar form, then you can be manbearpig!
    OT: I think blizz should of hopped on this idea, tbh the worgen models look so similar to the nelf forms...
    Perhaps you could say that he can change into variations of a man/hybrid
    so instead of human and wolf to be a worgen he could change to cat/man or bear/man.

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Furry.

Lore changes, so you best be prepared.
    There's nothin' wrong with being a Furry... *hides tail and ears* Just so long as you don't go overly psycho with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats a furry?

Quote Originally Posted by Syrra Coventry View Post
    There's nothin' wrong with being a Furry... *hides tail and ears* Just so long as you don't go overly psycho with it.
    I dunno, to me it seems like a great deal of people think incorrectly of what a Furry is... but oh well.

---------- Post added 2010-07-01 at 06:08 PM ----------

It's an anthropomorphic animal. In other words it's an animal in the shape of a human being that stands upright in two legs.

By this definition, Taurens and Worgen fall on that group.

---------- Post added 2010-07-01 at 06:10 PM ----------

Also a graph that shows the different types. In my story of Planet Void, TaKs would fall between 10% and 50%

Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

10+ Year Old Account
    So people are attracted to these things? thats... nice I guess.
    OT:
    I also think that we will have to wait till cata comes out so we can see how actual Worgen in the game behave. It will stop people from RPing a feral massacre in Goldshire or a forest killer having a cup of tea.

some people are. There's nothing wrong with 'em. Some people would call us weird for being into RPing warcraft characters.

Doesn't mean they're right. Everyone's different, and some are more different than others.

BTW, humorous chart, Liz.

Quote Originally Posted by stalling View Post
    So people are attracted to these things? thats... nice I guess.
    OT:
    I also think that we will have to wait till cata comes out so we can see how actual Worgen in the game behave. It will stop people from RPing a feral massacre in Goldshire or a forest killer having a cup of tea.
    Well done? It's attractive. A good example would be Vieras from Final Fantasy

Another example would be Aisha from Outlaw Stars:

Taken overboard though? It'll turn into the trash that litters the road you'd walk down if you decided to search in the net more about them... it's at times not pretty, and usually involves in dirty sexual acts.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kept in context, it's no worse than any other fetish, of course. Fetish is fetish is fetish... Everyone has their own tastes. It's part of what makes the world interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the best known furry I know is felicia for drakstalkers

>.> <.<

though your idea sounsd okay I just hope lore does not pwn you, maybe something like http://www.wowwiki.com/Savagekin comes to my mind
    Last edited by apepi; 2010-07-02 at 03:48 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

to derail the thread further..

---------- Post added 2010-07-01 at 11:49 PM ----------

No but seriosuly, the way this thread is going is getting a bit out of hand.

I just LOVE that my class idea turned into a fetishist thread =P

HEY THERE! I am the derailing king, don't you ever take my throne!

---------- Post added 2010-07-01 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I got nothing against them! Its just never hearing about them and then WHAM a play by play is pretty disarming:P
    OT: what topic? oh yeah! wait... ok, I got i- no... hang on... what?

I guess I'm at fault here for derailing :/

But anyway I had seen a picture going around the net about some sort of druidic "worgen form", and I was like "Oh my god! awesome!", because apparently it was like if a druid could turn into a worgen and fight like one, I think they used the weapon the druid was wearing too, maybe a heavy burster instead of a fast dps like cat?

That picture is what I'm talking about, though I bet it's fake.