Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Go, please list your concerns. I have made a few Walls of Text(short ones) explaining MOST of the mechanic issues.
    Get this thread out there and growing.
    It's a very large problem.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker View Post
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Go, please list your concerns. I have made a few Walls of Text(short ones) explaining MOST of the mechanic issues.
    Get this thread out there and growing.
    It's a very large problem.
    Excellent work.

One Idea would be to offer Inner Rage at 80 or 81, so the leveling process will be smoother. Or change it into somekind of proc or on demand ability. I wish I was US to sign that thread, but otherwise awesome initiative, hope they will notice it.

Edit : If you could add my ideas in there somewhere, it would be even greater.
    Last edited by Griefel; 2010-09-15 at 11:45 AM.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    One Idea would be to offer Inner Rage at 80 or 81, so the leveling process will be smoother. Or change it into somekind of proc or on demand ability.
    Inner Rage in no way solves the mentioned problems of warrior dps on the ptr/beta.
    In fact it is debatable whether it further magnifies the rage problems to come.
    Yes, I know it's just "numbers tweaking" to be done on Blizzards side. On the other hand comments should be seen in the context of the current status quo (ptr/beta) and not some hypothetical number tweaking, and as such it is not whining but valid criticism.
    PTR warrior dps is horrible as it stands.

EDIT
    To elaborate on the fury mechanics a bit: RB feels incredibly clunky. Sometimes just as you are about to hit RB the ability is greyed out as enrage effect has just faded. The only time one is confident to use it in the rotation is when you use DW oder berserker rage. Bloodrage is gone, and even recklessness is not an enrage effect any longer (though this could be for some time ... never paid close attention to it). When playing fury there is no "flow" to be felt.
    Last edited by suicuique; 2010-09-15 at 12:05 PM. Reason: addendum

Quote Originally Posted by suicuique View Post
    Inner Rage in no way solves the mentioned problems of warrior dps on the ptr/beta.
    In fact it is debatable whether it further magnifies the rage problems to come.
    Yes, I know it's just "numbers tweaking" to be done on Blizzards side. On the other hand comments should be seen in the context of the current status quo (ptr/beta) and not some hypothetical number tweaking, and as such it is not whining but valid criticism.
    PTR warrior dps is horrible as it stands.
    Technically they've said that warrior DPS is balanced around having Inner Rage usable at all times, which doesn't really happen till level 83(?), which literally means we will be useless after the change happens in 4.0, and with all the other changes will make it very hard for warriors to justify a raiding spot for guilds that will still be trying to progress in ICC. This besides the hard life that warriors will have while leveling.

I don't recall Blizzard ever saying that Inner Rage was supposed to have a 100% uptime.

~75% Enraged....from DW, Zerker Rage...yada yada I remember. If you could find me the blue post on that I'd be grateful, if not...make sure you can back up your numbers before spreading information please.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Kainon View Post
    Iv been playing around with the PTR today and i thought i'd post what iv noticed so far as DPS for arms and fury entails.

Fury- Upon transferring my character over to the PTR all of my armor pen gems were changed to 20 crit gems (this kinda sucks, but w/e). Even though all of the gems were changed, i couldn't help but notice that every move used did not hit hard at all. I'll throw some numbers at you: My highest BT crit was only 5k, and my lowest crit was an abyssal 900 damage. Again, i am aware that having full crit gems can cause a gap in dps, but only critting for around 1-4k on average? that doesn't sound right. (my gear is full 264, new to mmo champion so it won't let me link my armory sorry)

Arms- Arms is looking great as far as their new moves. Throwdown is awesome in PvP and the changes to rend make burst in pvp much more effective. if you are unaware, rend deals dmg upon its application, so Taste For Blood procs really quick. aslo, the rend ticks can crit. The most exciting addition to me is the new arms cooldown deadly calm, although the animation is very dull. however, i noticed the same problem with Arms as i did with Fury. their damage seems severly gimped right now, with overpower only critting at around 4k on a dummy (8-9k on live).

All this being said i guess it brings me to a final question: is the scaling for warriors damage simply not complete at the moment? from what i have seen from talking to others, every class has seen a dps increase from live to the PTR, which has me a little concerned. thoughts?
    You will be balanced around lvl 85 so prepare to do little dps until then.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    I don't recall Blizzard ever saying that Inner Rage was supposed to have a 100% uptime.

~75% Enraged....from DW, Zerker Rage...yada yada I remember. If you could find me the blue post on that I'd be grateful, if not...make sure you can back up your numbers before spreading information please.
    If you're commenting my post then I've said, having it, not 100% of time, and yeah having Inner Rage would make things alot different for us on Beta and PTR right now, since for leveling with the long ability cooldowns and the gaps between them it would be very easy to get at 100 rage, and I can back this up with beta experience.
    Last edited by Griefel; 2010-09-15 at 12:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    no matter how f*cked up warrior (or anybody's) dps/survivability/healingpower will be, there's one good thing on it:

It's the final reason the cancel all icecrown raids. yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to test out fury with proper STR gemming, but I cannot cut any gems that I transferred over, because the profession UI doesn't work. First time I loaded in, it allowed me to hit the profession shortcuts I had on my action bars, but the second time they were not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Ok, i did some testing, atm on live with i'm around 6.6k AP with 100% arp. On the boss lvl target dummy i can substain around 5.7-6k dps and peakt at around 6.8k dps (with out hitting any other dummy). On ptr wile switching all my gems to STR (cuted them b4 transfering my character) i'm at 6.4k AP with 0% arp... On same target dummy i have trouble substaining 4k dps... worst yet, my friends resto shaman in full wrathfull was out dpsing me on the same dummy (ok his chain was hitting 2 extra but still a fucking resto shaman outdpsing a fury thats really sad)

No, I don't believe that Dementedwisdom.

So I loaded up a Premade Warrior, with the express purpose of trying Warrior out (I have none on Live) Gemmed Str/Haste (Yes, okay perhaps Str/AP?) and grabbed a 2 x 1h Fury build. Now granted I don't know what I'm doing, but I have played Enh Shammy, and Frost DW DK on Live (and PTR) and I gotta say, I expected Fury to be doing more damage. Again, I'm a complete Noob at warrior, but I topped out at ~ 3k DPS in a random. That seems low when I can get ~4 - 5 on my Enh Shammy. They both feel more prioity-ish than rotation-ish.

Does this sound right to people who are more in the know? As it is I'm not so keen on Warrior after this. Granted, it's a small sample, but it just doesn't feel like you do as much as an Enh Shammy, maybe about on par with the Frost DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was enjoying the new DPS rotations. I think Arms and Fury Warriors are one of the most boring DPS classes to play PvE/raid-wise. They improved that in the PTR.

Still though, our numbers are COMPLETELY whack at the moment. My MS was CRITTING for 4.5k on LEVEL 70 dummies and like 3k on the Boss level dummies. Yes, 3k CRIT. My Warrior's DPS gear isn't great, but it's still decent, around 5.6k (I'm Prot MS).

Hopefully they'll be doing some numbers pass before going to live. BMs, SPs, Destros and Eles are all doing too much damage where as Warriors, Pallies, and Surv are all in need of a boost.

Ret Pallies are also a joke right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I managed 4k dps as Arms on a 83 dummy thats being beaten and debuffed to the max. I like the rotation. I just wish they would tune the numbers already. This is after I regemmed my crit gems back to STR. I managed a 1750 damage CRIT off MS on the dummy. No that is not a typo.

i just started testing fury warrior on ptr,
    my dmg in terrible now (yes i know i have to reforge half of items to mastery, i know i have to regem strenght) and i know ill receive dots (from arms tree) and inner rage after 80, but... 2k crit instead of 8k? LOL?

good thing is Ghostclawler knows about issue:

"Off the top of my head, Fury warriors and Feral druid damage seems low. BM hunter damage seems high. There are probably others. You'll start to see more number tweaks over time, especially as more players get to 85 on the beta that we can compare to our internal testing."

i hope its true. not like Path of the titans :P

Quote Originally Posted by machop View Post
    i just started testing fury warrior on ptr,
    good thing is Ghostclawler knows about issue:

"Off the top of my head, Fury warriors and Feral druid damage seems low. BM hunter damage seems high. There are probably others. You'll start to see more number tweaks over time, especially as more players get to 85 on the beta that we can compare to our internal testing."

i hope its true. not like Path of the titans :P
    I wish GC would elaborate on why we should have to wait until we get to 85 to be useful again.
    Last edited by arboachg; 2010-09-17 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    I wish GC would elaborate on why we should have to wait until we get to 85 to be useful again.
    That is not what he meant at all... he means that they will start tweaking Fury Warriors numbers after seeing more of what is going on for Warriors at lvl 85 on the beta. I am expecting to see a patch on Tuesday on both Beta and PTR that will do some major number changes.

I was wondering if someone from beta could shed some light on arms dps after aquiring colosus smash.
    Is it as good as it sounds like it could be?
    what is the uptime as arms?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUSHER View Post
    I was wondering if someone from beta could shed some light on arms dps after aquiring colosus smash.
    Is it as good as it sounds like it could be?
    what is the uptime as arms?
    I didn't get Colossus Smash yet on beta but Sudden Death procced quite often. Anecdotal evidence, but I would say it's about 60-80% uptime from what I've noticed. Also in it's current form it's still bugged, and it increases the armor of the enemy instead of decreasing it.

why does this seem to me that he's saying it's going live and we'll tweak it as you guys hit 85 (portion that reads especially as more players get to 85 on the beta ) wich means to me .. 4.0.1 going as is .. enjoy doing less dps than a resto shaman and sitting on a bench because if your guild isn't killing heroic lk and you're not the guild master you aren't raiding. but hey we'll change things as Cataclysm goes live.