10+ Year Old Account

Stampeding Roar Macro

I'm trying to make a macro that will cast Stampeding Roar Cat if I am in Cat form or Stampeding Roar Bear if I am in Bear form. Sadly these are two different spells so a macro is required. The thing is I don't know if its possible and if it is, what the commands I need are. Any help as to whether its doable and how to do it would be appreciated.

Deleted

Mousover Macro

Im looking for a macro where i mouseover a units frame and it auto targets them so i can cast renew for example on them, i can remember i did something similar with druid hots ages ago :S

#show
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists][@target, noharm, nodead, exists][target=player] divine light

change to renew, this macro allows u to cast a spell 1. on mouse over 2. on your target if its a player or npc that can receive healing 3. on yourself if no one is targeted or you have a hostile mob targeted.

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    I'm trying to make a macro that will cast Stampeding Roar Cat if I am in Cat form or Stampeding Roar Bear if I am in Bear form. Sadly these are two different spells so a macro is required. The thing is I don't know if its possible and if it is, what the commands I need are. Any help as to whether its doable and how to do it would be appreciated.
    Yep here...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:3]Stampeding Roar(Cat Form);Stampeding Roar
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-12-29 at 11:22 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I'm trying to put together another Archaeology Macro, this time for my mage...

I'm wondering... Can Macros "make decisions" based on wether or not I'm in combat?

What I would like it to do is something along the lines of If pushed, use survey, unless I get to close to some critter and get in combat in wich case it casts Arcane Explosion instead (Or, if macros can't detect combat make it cast AE with a modifier instead), if I push shift and the macro I want it to open the archaeology "book" and if I hit alt and the macro I want it to summon the horsemans steed... Is this possible?

Edit: Okay, so with a bit of tinkering I got one that does it all through different modifiers;

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Archaeology; [mod:alt]Headless horseman's Mount; [mod:ctrl]Arcane Explosion; Survey

That worked after I had weeded out all my typos :-P

But would the "automation" of Arcane Explosion if in combat be possible?
    Last edited by Hellevad; 2010-12-30 at 01:22 AM.

Hey, this might be simple but I couldnt find it anywhere.

I'm currently looking for a macro that casts Rebirth to my target and sends a whisper to him/her that he/she is being resurrected.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    I'm trying to put together another Archaeology Macro, this time for my mage...

I'm wondering... Can Macros "make decisions" based on wether or not I'm in combat?

What I would like it to do is something along the lines of If pushed, use survey, unless I get to close to some critter and get in combat in wich case it casts Arcane Explosion instead (Or, if macros can't detect combat make it cast AE with a modifier instead), if I push shift and the macro I want it to open the archaeology "book" and if I hit alt and the macro I want it to summon the horsemans steed... Is this possible?

Edit: Okay, so with a bit of tinkering I got one that does it all through different modifiers;

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Archaeology; [mod:alt]Headless horseman's Mount; [mod:ctrl]Arcane Explosion; Survey

That worked after I had weeded out all my typos :-P

But would the "automation" of Arcane Explosion if in combat be possible?
    /cast [mod:ctrl,combat] Arcane Explosion

Although it won't cast unless you're already in combat.

@Hellevad,

Yeah try this.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [combat]Arcane Explosion;[mod:shift]Archaeology;[mod:alt]Headless Horseman's Mount;Survey

i added it but still nothing it actually doesnt even say "casting redemption..." now
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Can you add the following at the bottom of your .lua file:
    Code:
    local z = CreateFrame("Frame")
    z:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
        local arg = {...}
        if arg[10] == "Redemption" then
            print(event.." => {")
            for numarg, value in ipairs(arg) do
                print("    ["..numarg.."] => \""..value.."\"")
            end
            print("}")
        end
    end)
    z:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    And check what it outputs for arg[7] when you cast your rez?
    Last edited by glovhizzle; 2010-12-30 at 04:37 AM.

Hey all, i'm looking for a DK macro. Was wondering if it's possible to make a macro to use rune strike when possible, but otherwise use frost strike. thanks!

Is there any book out there that you would recommend to read Treeston? that deals with lua in WOW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glovhizzle View Post
    Is there any book out there that you would recommend to read Treeston? that deals with lua in WOW?
    The guys over at WoWprogramming made a book entirely dedicated to it.

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glovhizzle View Post
    i added it but still nothing it actually doesnt even say "casting redemption..." now
    Okay, fuck it, completely different approach.
    Code:
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, unit, spell, rank, target)
        if UnitIsUnit(unit, "player") and (spell == "Redemption") then
            SendChatMessage(">> Redemption: "..target.." <<", GetNumRaidMembers()>0 and "RAID" or GetNumPartyMembers()>0 and "PARTY" or "SAY")
        end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT")
    Replace the entire code.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    @Hellevad,

Yeah try this.
    Thank you! Worked like a charm. But occasionally it took quite a while to drop combat after killing the pesky critters chewing at my feet, that I switched back to the mod:ctrl version again... But now I know how to use the [combat] modifier in future experiments with macros to take over the world. :-D

No /say part if the spell is not used

Hello

Id like to start with a big thanks for this thread and the general community here.

I run a simple macro with my Holy Radiance that looks like this:

#showtooltip Holy Radiance
    /cast Holy Radiance
    /s Holy Aura 20 yards

Which does the job. But what happens is, that I some times believe / hope my HR is ready for use, and thus push the button. Only to find out that it is not.

This leaves me spamming chat with:

/s Holy Aura 20 yards

Only I am not healing people within 20 yards.

So my question is this:

Can you wise guys here, help me make a macro that will NOT do the /say part, if my holy aura is not used?

Regards

Zyster

@Zoster try RSA.

Thanks alot.

I have by rumors been told that said addon or an addon like this one are illegal due to the terms of use.

Can you possibly decline that?

on another note, I am still hoping for a solution through a pure macro. But if nothing else, ill have to settle for yet another addon.

Again thanks.

Regards Zyster

(I would have made a quote. But the forums are not allowing me to do so)

Oh jesus, what? It announces stuff you use in chat how would that be even in the universe of illegal?

You can macro it if you prefer but checkout the addon sometime if you want more stuff like this.

Code:
    /run local s="Holy Radiance";if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage("Holy Aura 20 Yards!") end
    /cast Holy Radiance

I'm looking for a macro that will say something either in party or in say when I CAST mana tide totem, meaning I don't want it to go off every single time I push it because I might push it when it's on CD or do it many times in quick succession to ensure it goes off. I only want it to do the message in party/say when I actually cast it. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind - Found lawomous' post about RSA. Thanks!
    Last edited by Yibsu; 2010-12-31 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Oh jesus, what? It announces stuff you use in chat how would that be even in the universe of illegal?

You can macro it if you prefer but checkout the addon sometime if you want more stuff like this.

Code:
    /run local s="Holy Radiance";if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage("Holy Aura 20 Yards!") end
    /cast Holy Radiance

That is amazing. Just what i was hoping for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoster View Post
    Thanks alot.

I have by rumors been told that said addon or an addon like this one are illegal due to the terms of use.

Can you possibly decline that?

on another note, I am still hoping for a solution through a pure macro. But if nothing else, ill have to settle for yet another addon.

Again thanks.

Regards Zyster

(I would have made a quote. But the forums are not allowing me to do so)
    I'd be very interested to see such a "quote" - which you could have just copied and pasted. What on earth are you reading?

For a start, its almost impossible to write an addon that breaks Terms of Use. You have to go out of your way to do so and the areas which it is relatively doable, Blizzard are perfectly aware of and can easily clamp down on it directly, if they wish.

Addons like the ones suggested just take information from the exact same Combat Log window you have next to your chat. But instead of having to watch the gadzillion lines that flash by while in combat (almost impossible to read for a human while also having to watch the battlefield and do your role "rotation"), they just ignore all the lines except the ones you specifiy that contain specific words, e.g. "Holy Aura", and cast by you.