Deleted
    I agree with most of what you say, and I would consider it unnecessary (I myself just spam Runestrike and never take threat) I do think that there are times when you want to have your macro's written for different scenarios. This is one such scenario.

I do admit, though, that a prot paladin cannot remove RF and have their macros change. Ultimately it's not a big issue.

Deleted
    I would like to know if it is possible to cast or use something on myself without either targeting myself or have to NOT have a target so that it is automatically self-casted on me (with the self cast option checked). So basically something like the focus utility...but without actually using "Focus".

What i want to do is this... i want to keep whatever target i got at that moment AND cast with a mod (ctrl, alt ...whatever) innervate on my focus target else if no mod is pressed then just cast it on myself (without changing target though). Please tell me if that's possible or if i just have to other choice but to diselect my target and make use of the automatic self cast.

Deleted
    /cast [mod:alt, @focus][@player] Innervate

Im trying to make a fairly complicated shapeshifting macro, but the only part that wont work is the mod conditions.

/cast [mod:shift] travel form
    /cast [mod:ctrl] flight form
    /cast [mod:alt] aquatic form

Doesnt look incorrect so I was wondering if there was something that could be stopping the macro? Travel form specifically wont work and Im getting a little flustered. :\

EDIT: This is what I have so far:

#show
    /cast [mod:ctrl] swift flight form
    /cast [nostance:3] cat form
    /cast [nostance:1] bear form

But now Flight Form isnt working and this is for feral PvP if you must know :P
    Last edited by Aggroholic; 2011-03-24 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggroholic View Post
    Im trying to make a fairly complicated shapeshifting macro, but the only part that wont work is the mod conditions.

Doesnt look incorrect so I was wondering if there was something that could be stopping the macro? Travel form specifically wont work and Im getting a little flustered. :\

#show

Check for any keybind collisions. If you have these macros on Q for example, then any keybind of ctrl-Q, shift-Q, or alt-Q will use the keybound action instead of running the macro on Q, thus making it "not work".

Yeah that was the first thing I checked and still no luck. I dont see why it wont perform the action.

I just came back to wow recently and I used to have a macro that would when I hit the button my target would be my focus and when I hit it again it would cast my spell (in this case windshear) at the focused target and if the target was dead when I hit it, it would clear focus. also if I hit the button on new targets while I already had a focused target it would switch to the new target and do as above. I have been gone for a year and forgot how to do macros like that and I have googled like crazy trying to find out how to do it with no luck. Plus I remember having a mod that would have preset macros for each classes's type of CC. But I just can't remember the name of it or find where it is. I would be greatful for any help you all could give me.

Quote Originally Posted by cabero View Post
    I just came back to wow recently and I used to have a macro that would when I hit the button my target would be my focus and when I hit it again it would cast my spell (in this case windshear) at the focused target and if the target was dead when I hit it, it would clear focus. also if I hit the button on new targets while I already had a focused target it would switch to the new target and do as above. I have been gone for a year and forgot how to do macros like that and I have googled like crazy trying to find out how to do it with no luck. Plus I remember having a mod that would have preset macros for each classes's type of CC. But I just can't remember the name of it or find where it is. I would be greatful for any help you all could give me.
    Trying to follow the logic you explained, it may look like this:
    #showtooltip
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead]
    /focus [harm]
    /cast [@focus]Wind Shear
    Also the addon is probably ControlFreak @ Curse. Still works perfect even though it hasn't been updated recently.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Ya I'm not good at explaining stuff... But that is the exact addon I was talking about. I will try that macro since CF doesn't have anything for windshear. Thank you for your help.

#show

When you hold the modifiers does the icon change or not?

I don't see anything wrong with the macro and if the icons change then it has to be a keybind conflict.

btw macro can be shortened to:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:alt]aquatic form;[mod:ctrl]swift flight form;[mod:shift]travel form;[nostance:3]cat form;[nostance:1]bear form

Deleted
    Check you haven't got ctrl/alt set to focus cast, or check that pressing shift-1,2,3 etc doesn't change the paging of your action bar. I found that I could never use shift as a modifier because of this.

I really enjoyed reading about the CODE-SNIPPETS and used them (and still using them) in some situations I needed some more assurance on having the knowledge some spells were succesfully casted ... and not just activated by button-clicking.

Now I would like to learn a little more about it and would i like to ask the following ... hopefully Treeston or another CODE-SNIPPET expert would shed some light on this.

1. does arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" also implies that for instance DEATH GRIP wasnt missed? (and ergo succesfully hitted the target and as of that pulled towards me?)

2. where can you find about what arg[2], arg[10] stands for? AND where can you find out about paramaters like "SPELL_CAST_SUCCES"?

3. how can you incorporate an ELSE-part in the the following CODE SNIPPET (I would also like to announce something if spell-cast wasnt succesfull). Is the following legit?

local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
    self.pguid = self.pguid or UnitGUID("player")
    local arg = {...}
    if arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" and arg[10] == "Dark Command" and arg[3]==self.pguid then
    SendChatMessage("Taunted: "..arg[7], "YELL")
    else SendChatMessage("OMG! your taunt was wasted due to lack on hit probably go fix it!"
    end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")

Really hope someone (Treeston? plz?) can shed some light on this.

Tnx for you time and patience with us wanna-be's

Kind Regards,
    DK-TANK and DROODTANK in need of some smart snippets

May save you a little time by pointing this out, taunts cannot miss... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    May save you a little time by pointing this out, taunts cannot miss... ever.
    So true, but taunt is just used as an example could have been death grip or fireball or whatever (in essence: my question isnt really spellrelated, but more coding related)

Tnx reply'ing none the less

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager69 View Post
    So true, but taunt is just used as an example could have been death grip or fireball or whatever (in essence: my question isnt really spellrelated, but more coding related)

Tnx reply'ing none the less

Kind Regards,
    As far as coding:

1. Yes, the SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event is only returned if the spell hits.

2. For combat log events you can find the arguments here http://www.wowpedia.org/API_COMBAT_LOG_EVENT
    In this case arg[2] is the event itself and arg[10] for that event is the spell name

3. Technically the else statement is valid (with exception of a missing closing bracket), however it won't work as intended. You will get spammed with messages for any event which is not a successful cast of the named spell. You should instead use the SPELL_MISSED event with an elseif statement.

p.s. Death Grip can't miss either
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-03-25 at 07:29 PM. Reason: replaced: wowwiki -> wowpedia

Afternoon all, after countless searches on these and other forums I'm stumped... I'm, looking for a DK specific macro that will allow me to cast Death and Decay either on myself or my focus target or heck, even just a few feet in front of my toon. It doesn't have to include all those options, I just want to bypass the whole 'waste time dropping a huge targeting circle on the ground' issue. Is this possible?

I'm thinking being able to drop DnD under my focus would be the best way, or even just a mouseover would work. Anything would be better than the current system.

Thanks.
    "I aim to misbehave."

e.g.

Code:
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
        self.pguid = self.pguid or UnitGUID("player")
        local arg = {...}
        if arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" and arg[10] == "Dark Command" and arg[3]==self.pguid then
            SendChatMessage("Taunted: "..arg[7], "YELL")
        elseif arg[2] == "SPELL_MISSED" and arg[10] == "Dark Command" and arg[3]==self.pguid then
            SendChatMessage("OMG! your taunt was wasted due to lack on hit probably :( go fix it!")
        end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khast View Post
    Afternoon all, after countless searches on these and other forums I'm stumped... I'm, looking for a DK specific macro that will allow me to cast Death and Decay either on myself or my focus target or heck, even just a few feet in front of my toon. It doesn't have to include all those options, I just want to bypass the whole 'waste time dropping a huge targeting circle on the ground' issue. Is this possible?

I'm thinking being able to drop DnD under my focus would be the best way, or even just a mouseover would work. Anything would be better than the current system.

Thanks.
    Not possible, Blizzard intend you to have to take your time to logically place it. No macro can work around that.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-03-25 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added indents to code

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post

Not possible, Blizzard intend you to have to take your time to logically place it. No macro can work around that.
    Damn.

Ok, thanks.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Could someone explain why this isnt working:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, stance:1] feral charge(bear form); [mod:shift, stance:3] feral charge(cat form)
    /cast [stance:1] skull bash(bear form); [stance:3] skull bash(cat form)
    /cast [stealth] pounce; [combat] ravage!

I just want it to use Skull Bash and then use Feral Charge when I hold shift. Skull bash works, but when I hold shift, the icon changes but it doesnt use the skill, and Ive made sure that there are no similar keybinds.
    Last edited by Aggroholic; 2011-03-25 at 05:32 PM.

Could someone explain why this isnt working:

I just want it to use Skull Bash and then use Feral Charge when I hold shift. Skull bash works, but when I hold shift, the icon changes but it doesnt use the skill, and Ive made sure that there are no similar keybinds.
    Maybe try this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [stealth]Pounce;[mod:shift,form:1]Feral Charge;[mod:shift,form:3]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);[form:3]Skull Bash

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator