Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    /CAST Battle Shout
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\Orc\\OrcMale\\VO_OrcMale_ForHorde.ogg")

can that sound have a 15 sec cd so it aling with the skill ?
    Sorry this is late but here you go!

Code:
    --play custom sound when casting spell
    #showtooltip
    /script cqqx,cqqd=GetSpellCooldown("battle shout"); if (cqqd == 0 and cqqx == 0) then PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\Orc\\OrcMale\\VO_OrcMale_ForHorde.ogg") end; 
    /cast Battle Shout
    - - - Updated - - -

Alternatively you could go:

Code:
    --play custom sound when casting spell
    #showtooltip
    /script cqqx,cqqd=GetSpellCooldown("battle shout"); if (cqqd == 0 and cqqx == 0) then PlaySoundFile("Sound/creature/GARROSH/VO_GARROSH_FIGHT_EVENT_06.OGG") end; 
    /cast Battle Shout
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-01-19 at 10:36 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Can someone please help me with a macro that i was procrastinating on asking since BFA release.

It would literally be a life changer.

Can i have a one click macro for casting blizzard at target (without the targeting circle + click) just pure cast.

And the same thing for pet freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Can i have a one click macro for casting blizzard at target (without the targeting circle + click) just pure cast.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player] spellname

That doesn't work with everything, no idea about blizzard as I don't play a mage. Works with death&decay.

Question of my own: is there something like [stance:1] for checking if I am alliance or horde in Battle of Dazar'alar? Not that big of a problem but changing spells on the bar mid raid kinda sucks, I want a button for both racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Can someone please help me with a macro that i was procrastinating on asking since BFA release.

It would literally be a life changer.

And the same thing for pet freeze.
    You can't turn ground-targeted abilities into enemy-targeted ones with a macro. An option is [@cursor], which will remove the click part; it just goes off at your cursor immediately. Another is [@player], which will cast it on yourself. That's not particularly useful for Blizzard, but I have it on a modifier for a lot of abilities, like Death and Decay, Infernal Strike, Cap Totem, etc.

Code:
    /use [@cursor] Blizzard
    Code:
    /use [mod,@player][] Infernal Strike
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Question of my own: is there something like [stance:1] for checking if I am alliance or horde in Battle of Dazar'alar? Not that big of a problem but changing spells on the bar mid raid kinda sucks, I want a button for both racials.
    Haven't tested it, but you can try something like this:

Code:
    /use Arcane Torrent
    /use Every Man for Himself
    (add w/e racials your char has)

You won't be able to get a working icon cd/tooltip for the second one this way, but you can probably use a WA for that.

Code:
    #showtooltip [combat] Shadowmeld; Prowl
    /stopAttack [stealth]
    /cast [combat,nostealth] Shadowmeld
    /cast [nocombat] !Prowl
    /stopAttack [stealth]

Looking to add the ability Rake to this macro. Preferably only to go off if stealth still persists by the time the global cooldown is over since stealth is required for Rake to stun the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Code:
    /stopAttack [stealth]
    /cast [nocombat] !Prowl
    /stopAttack [stealth]

Looking to add the ability Rake to this macro. Preferably only to go off if stealth still persists by the time the global cooldown is over since stealth is required for Rake to stun the target.
    You won't be able to do anything that requires checking GCD or any other time-based condition. This is the best you can do:

Code:
    /stopAttack [stealth]
    /cast [nocombat] !Prowl
    /stopAttack [stealth]
    /cast [stealth] Rake

I don't play a druid, so I'm not sure if you want to cast Rake while in combat or you want to use Rake only outside of combat to open. Use [stealth,combat] or [stealth,nocombat] accordingly.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Hearthstone toy macro?

Since there already is a handful of toys that function as a hearthstone and more coming with every seasonal event, it seems, a macro to use a random one would be really handy.

So, while this macro works, if you have set your hearthstone toys as favorite, and nothing else can be favorited..

Code:
    #showtooltip Hearthstone
    /run local f,t=RnT or CreateFrame("Button","RnT",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate") f:SetAttribute("type","item") t=GetItemInfo(C_ToyBox.GetToyFromIndex(random(5))) f:SetAttribute("item",t) print("Casting:",t)
    /click RnT
    oh yeah and change 5 to number of hs toys you have favorited.

I was wondering is it possible to write a macro that uses any random toy that is a hearthstone, for example if it has

"
    Code:
    Use: Returns you to <Hearthstone Location>
    "?

Quote Originally Posted by Zampster View Post
    I was wondering is it possible to write a macro that uses any random toy that is a hearthstone
    Yes you can!

IMPORTANT! Every accounts' macros will be different.

1. Set your toybox to show only collected toys.
    2. Find the position of each hearthstone toy in your toybox.

Example: The FIRST toy in the upper left of page 1 of your toybox is 1. The one to its immediate right is 2, the last one in the first row is 3. So they are defined as 123.

The first page of your toybox is assigned the following numbers

10, 11, 12
    13, 14, 15
    16, 17, 18

And then the second page starts in the upper left with 19.

If you have ANY favorited toys, they will of course be on page 1 and your first favorited toy in the list will be assigned the number 1.

So let's look at the macro:

/run local f,a,t=RnT or CreateFrame("Button","RnT",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate"),{1,4,5,11} f:SetAttribute("type","item") t=GetItemInfo(C_ToyBox.GetToyFromIndex(a[random(#a)])) f:SetAttribute("item",t) print("use: ",t)
    /click RnT

Pay close attention to the part that is {1,4,5,11}. That is a table that must be filled with the numbers for each hearthstone in your toybox that you want to random to.

The macro will print the name of the toy used. If you don't want that function, delete the print call so it looks like this:

/run local f,a,t=RnT or CreateFrame("Button","RnT",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate"),{1,4,5,11} f:SetAttribute("type","item") t=GetItemInfo(C_ToyBox.GetToyFromIndex(a[random(#a)])) f:SetAttribute("item",t)
    /click RnT

NOTE: any time you collect a new toy or change your favorites list, this macro must be updated.

***credit to Treufuß for this macro on this page:
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617073154
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Code:
    /click InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesFriends

This enables friendly nameplates. The problem I have with it is that if you add it to a macro clicking it a second time disables friendly nameplates. Is there a different command that even when used repeatedly only enables friendly name plates or does nothing if friendly nameplates are already enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Code:
    /click InterfaceOptionsNamesPanelUnitNameplatesFriends

This enables friendly nameplates. The problem I have with it is that if you add it to a macro clicking it a second time disables friendly nameplates. Is there a different command that even when used repeatedly only enables friendly name plates or does nothing if friendly nameplates are already enabled?
    /run SetCVar("nameplateShowFriends",1)

Yeah. This does basically same as the macro I linked. What I ment was, can macros read a toys description? Specifically this line:
    "Use: Returns you to"

(not name! two toys that aren't heartstones with "hearthstone" in the name+ Tome of Town Portal would be outside of that search)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    /run SetCVar("nameplateShowFriends",1)
    Awesome thank's!

Quote Originally Posted by Zampster View Post
    Yeah. This does basically same as the macro I linked. What I ment was, can macros read a toys description? Specifically this line:
    "Use: Returns you to"

(not name! two toys that aren't heartstones with "hearthstone" in the name+ Tome of Town Portal would be outside of that search)
    Hmm I don't think we can. I pasted a list of all toy functions below but I don't see an option to access the description. We can get the info from mounts using the function C_MountJournal.GetMountInfoExtraByID(mountID) and we can get it from pets using the function C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID("petID") but I actually don't see a corresponding function for toys. Sorry!

REMOVED C_ToyBox.ClearAllSourceTypesFiltered()
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.FilterToys()
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.GetFilterCollected()
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.GetFilterUncollected()
    C_ToyBox.ForceToyRefilter(?) -
    C_ToyBox.GetCollectedShown(?) -
    C_ToyBox.GetIsFavorite()
    C_ToyBox.GetNumFilteredToys()
    C_ToyBox.GetNumLearnedDisplayedToys()
    C_ToyBox.GetNumTotalDisplayedToys()
    C_ToyBox.GetNumToys()
    C_ToyBox.GetToyFromIndex()
    C_ToyBox.GetToyInfo()
    C_ToyBox.GetToyLink()
    C_ToyBox.GetUncollectedShown(?) -
    C_ToyBox.HasFavorites()
    C_ToyBox.IsSourceTypeFilterChecked(?) -
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.IsSourceTypeFiltered()
    C_ToyBox.IsToyUsable()
    C_ToyBox.PickupToyBoxItem()
    C_ToyBox.SetAllSourceTypeFilters(?) -
    C_ToyBox.SetCollectedShown(?) -
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.SetAllSourceTypesFiltered()
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.SetFilterCollected()
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.SetFilterSourceType()
    C_ToyBox.SetFilterString()
    REMOVED C_ToyBox.SetFilterUncollected()
    C_ToyBox.SetIsFavorite()
    C_ToyBox.SetSourceTypeFilter(?) -
    C_ToyBox.SetUncollectedShown(?) -
    PlayerHasToy()
    UseToy()
    UseToyByName()

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Hmm I don't think we can. I pasted a list of all toy functions below but I don't see an option to access the description. We can get the info from mounts using the function C_MountJournal.GetMountInfoExtraByID(mountID) and we can get it from pets using the function C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByPetID("petID") but I actually don't see a corresponding function for toys. Sorry!
    itemID, itemName, itemIcon = C_ToyBox.GetToyInfo(index)

spellName, spellID = GetItemSpell(itemID)

spellText = GetSpellDescription(spellID)

Toys are just items listed in the collection window, like a giant hidden bag.

Ooh interesting.

someone pls help me with a macro for marking party members. i want it to do the following, lets say for instance im in an island expedition and i want to mark my group members with specific raid markers. so player1 gets circle player2 triangle and me diamond for example. i cant find this type of macro anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashirogi View Post
    someone pls help me with a macro for marking party members. i want it to do the following, lets say for instance im in an island expedition and i want to mark my group members with specific raid markers. so player1 gets circle player2 triangle and me diamond for example. i cant find this type of macro anywhere.
    Code:
    /run SetRaidTarget("player",3)
    /run SetRaidTarget("party1",2)
    /run SetRaidTarget("party2",4)
    0 = remove icon
    1 = Star
    2 = Circle
    3 = Diamond
    4 = Triangle
    5 = Moon
    6 = Square
    7 = Cross
    8 = Skull

Assuming you are using this in random islands, you will always get diamond and the other two players will get circle and triangle. If you always run with two people you know, just replace "party1" and "party2" with "playername". If those players are not on the same server as you, you need to use "playername-server".

Hey guys!
    Can u help me with stealth-drink macros for rdruid?
    Need something like this:
    - first row - cat form + drink
    - second row - stealth
    1 or 2 clicks. and if its possible - without drink stopping while spamming

Used this, but in BFA its not working anymore

#showtooltip WATER
    /cast [nostance:2]Cat Form
    /use [stance:2,nostealth]WATER
    /cast [stance:2,nostealth]Prowl
    Last edited by Synthen; 2019-03-11 at 09:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip WATER
    /cast [noform:2] Cat Form(Shapeshift)
    /use [form:2,nostealth] WATER
    /cast [form:2,nostealth] !Prowl

I tried to write a very simple hookscript macro. All it is supposed to do is add some text at the end of the game tooltip. The text is a to do list to remind me of what I want to do. Later on, i was gonna add if UnitName(“mouseover”) == UnitName(“player”) in order to only show if i mouseover myself. But this doesnt work? Why not and can you fix it? Thanks in advance.

Code:
    /script GameToolTip:HookScript("OnTooltipSetUnit",function()GameTooltip:AddLine("To-Do list!!!!/r/n1. herb farm/r/n2. pally mog farm Baston of Twilight/r/n3. Laughing Skull rep farm")end)

Fixed!:

Code:
    /script GameTooltip:HookScript("OnTooltipSetUnit",function()GameTooltip:AddLine("To-Do list!!!!\r\n1. herb farm\r\n2. pally mog farm Baston of Twilight\r\n3. Laughing Skull rep farm")end)
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-03-15 at 07:47 AM.