Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Icy Touch:
    Instant
    Chills the target for 227 to 245 Frost damage and infects them with Frost Fever, a disease that deals periodic damage and reduces melee and ranged attack speed by 14% for 15 sec. Very high threat when in Frost Presence.

Death and Decay
    Corrupts the ground targeted by the Death Knight, causing 62 Shadow damage every sec that targets remain in the area for 10 sec. This ability produces a high amount of threat.

These are the mechanic on live server for you to hold aggro. If you think you are doing it right then do it your way. I DND, Icy touch, PS, and Pest even if it's on single boss target. DND + IT will make the mobs stick to you like magnet. After the rotation is Boil blood + Deathstrike to increase threat + regain HP. You only need to beef up Icy touch and DnD damage because they are 7 times threat modifier in frost presence. I usually get 250+ threats on my main target when the 2nd person (usually hunter) is only about 50+ in threat after the 1st rotation.

So you're purposefully taking longer to kill things and create huge amounts more threat than necessary?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

What exactly does the high threat of IT and DnD have to do with you DW as a Blood tank?

Oh wait, I think I get what you're saying....
    You use IT and DnD to cover up your poor natural threat generation.. Good luck in Cata.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-09-20 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Stacking deefence duh!

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Stacking deefence duh!
    Oh right... because we're not already drowning in Defense..
    Let's stack some more while killing our dps and making DS and RS joke.

2 x 1H maces has more stamina compare to 2H weapon. Since the best stats for tank is stamina/health. No problem with aggro, no problem with defense cap, Stamina to last longer. 1H defensive weapon gives better stats for a tank then a dps weapon.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 01:54 AM ----------

RS have threat modifier, DS doesn't. Your role is tank not dps why are you concern about dps when rolling tank. Do your role to hold aggro and not dying that is the concern you need care about. Not out dpsing your dpser.

Quote Originally Posted by androlite View Post
    2 x 1H maces has more stamina compare to 2H weapon. Since the best stats for tank is stamina/health. No problem with aggro, no problem with defense cap, Stamina to last longer. 1H defensive weapon gives better stats for a tank then a dps weapon.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 01:54 AM ----------

RS have threat modifier, DS doesn't. Your role is tank not dps why are you concern about dps when rolling tank. Do your role to hold aggro and not dying that is the concern you need care about. Not out dpsing your dpser.
    you don't seem to get it. easy comparrison:

you -as a dw tank- have 70,5k hp, do 2,5k dps and 10k tps due to IT spam; you induce a lot of parry haste on fights like sindragosa.
    a good dk tank -blood 2h- has 70k hp, does 6k dps and 10k tps due to all the other stuff hitting harder with a 2h; he produces less parry haste.

who do you think is the better tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    What exactly does the high threat of IT and DnD have to do with you DW as a Blood tank?

Oh wait, I think I get what you're saying....
    You use IT and DnD to cover up your poor natural threat generation.. Good luck in Cata.
    Have you heard of Vengeance? Up to 10% of your health as attack power. You will naturally get attack power. I have 50k+ HP unbuffed meaning at least 5k attack power increment on top of my 2k+ dps. Not to mention the glyph system is changing and I do not have access to new glyph on PTR to roll tank yet. But will be nice to try out the new tanking role and it's mechanic. Blood DK tank in new version will be forced to go on 2H and therefore Might of the Frozen wastes is better in tier 1 Frost tree.

Have you heard of Vengeance? Up to 10% of your health as attack power. You will naturally get attack power. I have 50k+ HP unbuffed meaning at least 5k attack power increment on top of my 2k+ dps. Not to mention the glyph system is changing and I do not have access to new glyph on PTR to roll tank yet. But will be nice to try out the new tanking role and it's mechanic. Blood DK tank in new version will be forced to go on 2H and therefore Might of the Frozen wastes is better in tier 1 Frost tree.
    Lol

Hey, don't let me stop you from being bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    you don't seem to get it. easy comparrison:

you -as a dw tank- have 70,5k hp, do 2,5k dps and 10k tps due to IT spam; you induce a lot of parry haste on fights like sindragosa.
    a good dk tank -blood 2h- has 70k hp, does 6k dps and 10k tps due to all the other stuff hitting harder with a 2h; he produces less parry haste.

who do you think is the better tank?

The tank that can survive is better. You neglected your tank role and make healers work harder, risking DPSers dying because healer have to prevent you from dying with your [lesser parry rate]/[losing health rate]. Your inability to hold aggro because you do not generate enough RS causing OT to raid members. You only worry about your DPS is lower than raiding members. You are not properly geared as a tank using dps weapons when you can have tank weapons doing the same role. You are dispensable if you are in my raid.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50730;50738

Double Mithios has 4 more stamina than Glorenzelg. Glorenzelg has about 3 times the amount of damage overall, and you aren't a complete baddie spamming Icy Touch.

The tank that can survive is better. You neglected your tank role and make healers work harder, risking DPSers dying because healer have to prevent you from dying with your [lesser parry rate]/[losing health rate]. Your inability to hold aggro because you do not generate enough RS causing OT to raid members. You only worry about your DPS is lower than raiding members. You are not properly geared as a tank using dps weapons when you can have tank weapons doing the same role. You are dispensable if you are in my raid.
    I don't think you understand how this game works.

Have you heard of Vengeance? Up to 10% of your health as attack power. You will naturally get attack power. I have 50k+ HP unbuffed meaning at least 5k attack power increment on top of my 2k+ dps.
    Instead of easily having a very similar health pool and doing twice the damage? Just because you are not dps does not mean that your damage doesn't matter. Unless of course you are clearing content 6 months late and all your dps are already geared/competent. Your argument makes it sound like having an extra 2kdps done to the boss is a bad thing.

just what are you talking about? why would the 2h tank make the healers work harder? they have the same dodge/parry/absorb and almost identical hp. if anything the DW tank makes the healers job hard on fights like sindragosa. just stop being a baddie.

DW= low dps + high parry haste
    2h= high dps + low parry haste

everything else is the same. but i'm done arguing with you. either you get it or you stay bad. id don't really care tbh.

Double Mithios has 4 more stamina than Glorenzelg. Glorenzelg has about 3 times the amount of damage overall, and you aren't a complete baddie spamming Icy Touch.

I don't think you understand how this game works.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understand this game works too. You wanna tank roll a DPS weapon on Lich king HM. How many of us killed LK on HM? Do you get more benefit rolling a DPS weapon than a dpser in your raid? You are not a team player. Nuff said, If you think you play better than so be it. Doesn't mean I can survive better in raid is bad, doesn't mean I can reduce healer pressure in a raid is bad, I never said extra DPS is bad only when you are not sacrificing your own role capability.

DKs are designed to use dps weapons. Are you so oblivious as to not notice the tank runeforges? Double tank weapons isn't going to allow you to survive better than a 2h dps weapon.

I would not expect full itemization for two-handed tanking weapons. We wanted DKs to tank with dps two-handers (and have their mitigation benefit somewhat from the dps stats). We might add a craftable weapon or something down the road, but only if that felt like an option for the DK, not a mandatory piece of gear. You can also dual-wield tanking weapons if you want, but again, it isn't the intent that is the only way to play. (Please don't turn the rest of this thread into a discussion of whether or not DKs should be able to dual-wield.)

From ghostcrawler 2 years ago. Though as it always does in this game one has clearly shown itself above the other. Just because you can dual-wield doesn't mean you should.

You don't reduce healer pressure at all when you are causing yourself or the other tank to get hit more. Sure most bosses in icc don't parryhaste but you can't ignore that some do.

I don't think you understand how this game works.
    I don't think you understand this game works too. You wanna tank roll a DPS weapon on Lich king HM. How many of us killed LK on HM? Do you get more benefit rolling a DPS weapon than a dpser in your raid? You are not a team player. Nuff said, If you think you play better than so be it. Doesn't mean I can survive better in raid is bad, doesn't mean I can reduce healer pressure in a raid is bad, I never said extra DPS is bad only when you are not sacrificing your own role capability.[/QUOTE]

i think the rune of stoneskin gargoyle would like to talk to you about a 2h dps weap for tanks, plus baddie, what they are saying is with you using dw you get parried more not you parry the boss more often which means the boss hits you faster and you cause your dpsers to die because now the healer has to heal you instead of keeping up with raid damage because you dont understand how the game works.

that or you are just trolling everyone getting one hell of a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Frygar View Post
    Change: Get rid of hungering cold
    Reason: It is close to useless in raid when everyone AoE class is AoEing.
    Counter-reason: It is useful in PvP and instantly spreads Frost fever.
    It instantly spreads 100% damage Frost Fever without using a Frost Rune. Don't forget that Pestilence spreads only 50% damage. So if you start with DnD + Plague Strike + Pestilence + Hungering Cold, you will have 100% Frost Fever and 50% Blood Plague and 2 Frost Runes which you can use for Howling Blast. Without Hungering Cold, you will have 50% Frost Fever and only 1 Frost Rune for Howling Blast. I'd say that this makes it useful for PvE, don't you? It also has a situational use as a CC in heroics or while leveling.

On a side note: Stop feeding the troll, please. Nobody can be this bad. He wants Blood to have the option of getting another talent that does the same thing as Scent of Blood. He just reminds me of a Frost tank that was DW with 1h tanking weapons and didn't put points in useless skills such as Frost Strike. Just ignore him.

It's funny because you usually have two people arguing against each other in these kinds of threads, but here it appears to be the ENTIRE thread arguing against this androlite dude...

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    It instantly spreads 100% damage Frost Fever without using a Frost Rune. Don't forget that Pestilence spreads only 50% damage. So if you start with DnD + Plague Strike + Pestilence + Hungering Cold, you will have 100% Frost Fever and 50% Blood Plague and 2 Frost Runes which you can use for Howling Blast. Without Hungering Cold, you will have 50% Frost Fever and only 1 Frost Rune for Howling Blast. I'd say that this makes it useful for PvE, don't you? It also has a situational use as a CC in heroics or while leveling.

On a side note: Stop feeding the troll, please. Nobody can be this bad. He wants Blood to have the option of getting another talent that does the same thing as Scent of Blood. He just reminds me of a Frost tank that was DW with 1h tanking weapons and didn't put points in useless skills such as Frost Strike. Just ignore him.
    Does Glyph of Howling Blast spread 100% frost fever or a lesser one?