I enjoyed this episode, it's nice to see examples of what's going on in parts outside our main teams journey.

I thought Beth's actress did fine in that episode tbh. I think the biggest issue with the episode is that they focused the entire episode on her. I think they should of showed Daryl and Carol following that car and whatever happened to Carol in the episode.

Deleted
    Yet again, pacing seems strange but after the last three episodes, they needed to tone it down a little bit. I am not a big fan of Beth but I thought it was more boring how the other characters were portrayed, especially abusive police guy. Kind of funny how the "everyone hates chris" star was able to outrun the group of Zombies even after his fall, but maybe they focused on Beth because she was shooting. With the implementation of Carol, hope it gets more interesting in the next episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hate it, but there weren't as many high points as previous episodes. I think people are on the right track with Darryl and Noah. I think Rick's group mounts an assault on the hospital to rescue Carol and Beth after Noah tells them where it's at.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    The last episode felt abit out of place. I actual liked the last Beth and Daryl soloepisode and was looking foreward to see where it would end. But couldnt really make myself care about the characters - the gap since Beth dissapeared was probably to big and Daryl being absenth didnt help.
    I agree that Beth`s acting was so-so. But that could just as well be because i was watching True Detective before the TWD episode - most tv shows pales in comparison with McConaughey/Harrelson tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjumaru Shutara View Post
    There was but the briefest of moments in this episode where I thought Beth might get her shit together finally, and turn all badass like Carol. But it never happened, and the moment passed. Carol used to be an annoying character like Beth, but Carol was able to shed her shell, and she is one of my favorites now
    I still see Carol as the most annoying character on the show. I did love her capping Lizzie though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I still see Carol as the most annoying character on the show. I did love her capping Lizzie though.
    just look at the flowers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    The episode ok. Compared to the other three it was pretty lackluster. I really would've liked seeing Beth going all badass and telling them what it's like living out there but meh. That ending though. They really shine at cliffhangers

Not a bad episode, but so far the most boring of season 5 in my opinion. Still, it definitely has the potential to lead up to something really awesome. That bit where Beth took down Gormon almost looked like she and the zombie were totally planning the whole thing together.

I really hope Carol doesn't end up dead when this hospital thing is all done. She and Daryl were together when they chased down the car, so I'm sure Daryl is still going to be somewhere nearby. Either that, or he's gonna go back to Rick for reinforcements...which might not get him as many as he'd hoped since the group is split now. If he brought Noah back, Noah can lead them to the hospital and explain shit.

Although Grady is a pretty well known major hospital in Atlanta, so pretty much anyone in that group (since most of them lived in Georgia) should be able to find it easily enough. It's pretty hard to drive through Atlanta and miss it.

I'm also pretty interested to see how Abraham and his group are doing. The next episode preview kinda makes it look like shit hits the fan for Abraham and Co. a little bit, so I'll be curious to see what happens there.

Also: I actually live in Georgia and recognize the names of all the places the characters have visited (except Woodbury, which I think was actually filmed elsewhere, and the prison, which I think was just a nameless/fictional prison). I don't live too far from most of them. Always thought it'd be cool to try and be an extra on that show since I live within reasonable driving distance. It'd be cool to be a random Walker in one of those "blink and you miss it" scenes and get stabbed in the head by Michonne or shot with Daryl's crossbow.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-03 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Not a bad episode, but so far the most boring of season 5 in my opinion. Still, it definitely has the potential to lead up to something really awesome. That bit where Beth took down Gormon almost looked like she and the zombie were totally planning the whole thing together.

I really hope Carol doesn't end up dead when this hospital thing is all done. She and Daryl were together when they chased down the car, so I'm sure Daryl is still going to be somewhere nearby. Either that, or he's gonna go back to Rick for reinforcements...which might not get him as many as he'd hoped since the group is split now. If he brought Noah back, Noah can lead them to the hospital and explain shit.

Although Grady is a pretty well known major hospital in Atlanta, so pretty much anyone in that group (since most of them lived in Georgia) should be able to find it easily enough. It's pretty hard to drive through Atlanta and miss it.

I'm also pretty interested to see how Abraham and his group are doing. The next episode preview kinda makes it look like shit hits the fan for Abraham and Co. a little bit, so I'll be curious to see what happens there.

Also: I actually live in Georgia and recognize the names of all the places the characters have visited (except Woodbury, which I think was actually filmed elsewhere, and the prison, which I think was just a nameless/fictional prison). I don't live too far from most of them. Always thought it'd be cool to try and be an extra on that show since I live within reasonable driving distance. It'd be cool to be a random Walker in one of those "blink and you miss it" scenes and get stabbed in the head by Michonne or shot with Daryl's crossbow.
    Darryl is back at the church, we saw him at the end of the last episode saying "You better come out". Originally, I thought he might have been talking to Morgan, but after today's episode, I think he found Noah.

I disagree about the episode being boring - it was nice to have an episode where it wasn't ALL about the zombies - people are as much of a threat as zombies. And, any excuse to have 43~ minutes of just Beth, is always welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get is why every time someone speaks to Beth she just stares off into the distance and ignores them. I don't think she is a bad actress, I just think that the writers didn't give her anything to work with.

Also, as a paramedic, I truly laughed when the doctors tells some random girl he just met to hook him up to an EKG like she is supposed to know what that means, and she just does it like she already knew how. Same thing with the drug injection. All he said was give the guy a drug, and didn't give any explanation on how to do it. So she instinctively knows to grind up a pill (designed for swallowing) and mix it with what? tap water? And then with a straight needle slam it into his arm? Everything about that was just wrong.....
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What I don't get is why every time someone speaks to Beth she just stares off into the distance and ignores them. I don't think she is a bad actress, I just think that the writers didn't give her anything to work with.
    They wrote her role for Kristen Stewart which is why the actress is forced to keep a dead expression on her face while delivering monotone lines and being quirky.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I think it's done to try and convey the fact that Beth is young* - not much older than Carl. Probably better ways to show it though.

*Rather than 100% bad acting.
    Last edited by mmocf489b978f6; 2014-11-03 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its getting very hard to pretend that Beth is not much older than Carl...she is going to die soon.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Also, as a paramedic, I truly laughed when the doctors tells some random girl he just met to hook him up to an EKG like she is supposed to know what that means, and she just does it like she already knew how. Same thing with the drug injection. All he said was give the guy a drug, and didn't give any explanation on how to do it. So she instinctively knows to grind up a pill (designed for swallowing) and mix it with what? tap water? And then with a straight needle slam it into his arm? Everything about that was just wrong.....
    I cannot agree more. I was watching it myself wondering how the fuck she knew to do any of that - not to mention that, if you look closely, most of the ground up pill was left in the "mixing" bowl. I was almost laughing it was so bad. And the EKG. And the doc just doling out orders as if Beth were a former Charge Nurse or something. Just ridiculous.

The entire episode was from the Twilight Zone or something. Stilted plot, horrible acting and terrible writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I also agree Noah is probably with Daryl. I bet Daryl/Carol were watching the whole escape from a few hundred feet off, and picked up Noah afterwards. I'm also somewhat convinced Carol is faking it to get in the front door once debriefed by Noah. Or, like a true badass, actually injured herself to not have to fake it.
    Fantastic theory - I really hope that's the case. Because that entire story line needs a LOT of help.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I cannot agree more. I was watching it myself wondering how the fuck she knew to do any of that - not to mention that, if you look closely, most of the ground up pill was left in the "mixing" bowl. I was almost laughing it was so bad. And the EKG. And the doc just doling out orders as if Beth were a former Charge Nurse or something. Just ridiculous.
    Yeah. The only explanation I could think of was that she may have picked up some stuff from being around Hershel, but even that would really be stretching it. When Hershel gave medical treatment, it was always with whatever he managed to MacGuyver up. Wouldn't really explain why Beth knows how to use shit like EKG machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    I disagree about the episode being boring - it was nice to have an episode where it wasn't ALL about the zombies - people are as much of a threat as zombies. And, any excuse to have 43~ minutes of just Beth, is always welcome
    I'm not really saying it's boring by itself, just comparing it to the rest of season 5. I liked the episode overall. Maybe it's just that I'm still adjusting to the change of scenery now that the whole Terminus story is done.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-03 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a nurse this episode disgusted me on so many levels, fucking hate it when TV tries to do some resemblance to medical care. Fucking christ man, who the fuck distills oral cloazpine (terribly might I add) and then injects it a good 2 inches in to someones arm, plus the side effects of clozapine are relatively mild anyway. Oh yeah, random person plug in and hook up an EKG. Argh its so infuritating, its like a scene from smoking Aces when Ryan Reynolds pulls out the plugs to life support machines of 2 people who just die instantly, as if a fucking ventilator doesn't have back up power (among other medical innacuracies) Seriously I said the F word a lot because this shit spoils an entire episode, its not even being pedantic, its just not even close to any kind of reality.

The episode was okay outside of horrificly bad depiction of medical care. Quick, Tension Pneumothorax, plunge a needle as fast, hard and deep as you can!!!
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-11-03 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    As someone with zero relation to the medical profession - most things made sense to me. I think I'm the target audience!
    Aye, there are two things that irritate me, people playing games on TV/Films with the controller like this

Pressing all the buttons and swirling it around like a moron, and really really bad medical research.

There is loads that irritate me, but this seemed the best 2 right now!

This was a confusing episode. The previous episodes were awesome while it builded some hype/tension for what happend with Beth. After this episode I still dont really know whats going on.. Ok, someone helped her. They are batshit insane while wearing doctor & police outfits.

I saw half of season 4 when it was relevant and dropped it. When season 5 started I watched the last episode of S4 just to get the big picture. As I suspected, I did not really miss anything. Most of the interesting stuff happend last episode.

S3 & 4 really started great. Then it got boring quite fast. Hopefully that wont happen with season 5. I suspect we will get a couple of episodes with the old gang attacking the hospital and one major character will prob die.

What I want to watch is the gang that went for washington. I want the big story to move forward. Theres been alot of "the group meets some people crazier than they are, better kill em" situations now. Something new is needed, like this whole washington deal.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

To be fair, a lot of shows/movies just try to bullshit their way through topics they don't understand. Happens with computers and "hacking" a lot too.

According to Hollywood, you can hack anything or stop any attack by furiously typing random shit on your keyboard.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-03 at 10:23 PM.