Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vote to kick in BGs? No, I don't want the "Do you wish to kick this player" window popping up while fighting. Most people will probably just press yes to get the window out of the way without thinking.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    do premades, less suck from teammates if you play with guildies who know what theyre doing.
    yes because any time I want to do a bg, its completely practical to get 10-15 or 40 people together.... thanks the the huuuuuge tip! .... -.-

yeah, i've had someone in AB sit up at the gate and bitch and moan that we all suck ..at 80, he had 7k damage done ALL game but was bitching non-stop. we reported him multiple times, and he'd go wack someone at stables and die, and it'd all be for nothing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    I think it would be abused too much.
    I agree with this, so a big NO PLS from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwaam View Post
    Rated BGs will fix it.
    Yep, you guys are probably forgetting about rated BGs

Quote Originally Posted by Spasme View Post
    The only ppl i'd kick in BGs are the one spamming buffs or skills for 1 minute before the game actually starts. Yes , rogues have FoK ... i heard it the first 64 times. I hate those ppl.
    i lol'd. I ctrl S every game at the start.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

People can be Jerks/Reh-Tards. That being said, even though it would gimp their team, it will still happen. Even so, If you see someone being AFK and Vote to kick... how will someone else know they are AFK if the Rest of the team Didn't see them?

Example: you see this guy AFK-ing in a corner where no one but you found them, You vote to kick them. Now having all these people trying to actually play the BG have this thing pop up on screen in their way. Now wouldn't you think that 8/10 people would click yes without even asking just to get on with the BG?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I don't know about you, but after 6 years of seeing people stand around the middle of the field in WSG contributing absolutely nothing to the match or someone on the Horde capping Snowfall, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people having no consequences for making others experience worse because they feel like being cancer.

In a raid if someone is bringing everyone down you can kick them. In 5 mans if someone isn't pulling their weight, you can kick them. However in BGs, you have someone who is actually doing so poorly that it's helping the other team, there's nothing you can do about it. You can try to report them AFK, but that gets cleared as soon as they enter combat. Blizzard simply must implement a vote to kick feature for BGs. Sure Rated Bgs are coming soon, but people will still pug. You might say, "Oh but it will just get abused by the trolls and jerks or elitists!" That happens in every form of group play but why would anyone with a single brain cell want to gimp their group?

Not to mention, that loud mouth Ret Paladin (insert any overplayed dps) yelling at people for not healing him as he tries to solo the stables? Yeah kick him too.

very nice idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restraint View Post
    A bad is someone who keyboard turns, stands in fire, and mashes there face on keys.

It's quite apparent some of you didn't actually read my post and are just making your comments based of the title of this thread. I know that there are rated BGs, but you can't always have your entire team on when you personally feel like playing. I already said that it'd get abused. Of course it will, everything ever has been abused. But in the end, if you aren't being a general hindrance to the team, you're not going to get kicked.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    It's quite apparent some of you didn't actually read my post and are just making your comments based of the title of this thread. I know that there are rated BGs, but you can't always have your entire team on when you personally feel like playing. I already said that it'd get abused. Of course it will, everything ever has been abused. But in the end, if you aren't being a general hindrance to the team, you're not going to get kicked.
    What's your view on not being a hindrance? Good gear, good game, lots of kills? People react differently, some are idiots, some don't care about the actual objective. Letting anyone in a BG vote kick someone won't work well. Since they'll pick the one with the shitty gear (who by all means have just as much a right to be there if he is trying) or someone who may be actually be helping the team but not getting enough kills to seem "skilled". PvP players in PuG's don't communicate, ever. They just spam button, win or lose. The last few years of my life tell me that (I'm not counting premades here).

So how do you go about solving that, huh? You're idea is ok, it's the extra thought regarding implementation that actually makes it viable which is lacking mate. No offense. As it stands report AFK is actually no worse than your idea. Because at least the player then has a chance to defend his place within a certain time.

Players min/max. Where do you draw the line of power given to a player which will blindly followed by sheep to get it out of the way? Players don't think in PuG's. They sleepwalk. If there was any collective intelligence present people would communicate. As long as there is a lack of constructive /BG chat there is a lack of collective intelligence among PuG PvP'ers.

My thought: Select a raid leader in BG's capable of initiating vote to kicks. But implement a raid leader selection system in pug's based on the player with the best win ratio in that BG combined with the highest amount of honorable kills or other objectives in that BG which matters. Flag returns or flag caps, etc. In other words a player that clearly cares about winning. And who manages to pull through. Currently the selection seems random to me. There's a downfall here where one player may be given too much power, but atleast he has earned it?
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2010-10-24 at 07:52 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

This is the BEST idea i have seen on any of these forums, i for one am sick of waiting in a long que(if i am not in a premade), and getting in with people who dont actually care about pvp. So many times people go into bgs to get "easy" gear when they hit 80 and i seem to always get them in my group.

I get kicked from random heroics all the time for pulling agro from the tank (even if it doesn't cause a wipe or really anything to bat an eye at) or for not being omgsuperpolite when the tank takes 30 seconds to pull 1 mob. Yes this happens on my shaman that is in full 277 and wears titles like Grand Crusader and Light of Dawn doing 60% of the damage (I'm not trying to be elitist here, I'm just making a point). It doesn't matter who you are, if you can get kicked from a random heroic you should be able to get kicked from a random BG.

Then again - the counter argument is just going to be "Do rated BGs." To which I would reply: "I plan on it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Vote to kick in Battleground would cause huge problems. Especially because of the amount of people that are in the Battleground.

The real counter argument here is if you don't want to do a Battleground with people that might be bad then either don't do the Battleground at all or join a premade for it. You don't even need to be a full raid to be enough for it to go better. For example for Alterac Valley there is no point inviting 39 others (unless you going for Rated) it's more than enough with 10 or more that you think are good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, pretty sick of leechers that don't get noticed in BGs, wtb kick vote option.

What if I go bio 30 sec and a jerk decide to kick me? What if im defending a node without moving (even if im still in front of my screen)? If the raid leader is a pseudo-elitist jerk it will be abused. I vote NO

Do random Bg's with your friends.

Too many conflicting opinions about how a BG should be run. Take this AV weekend. 5 people ask for a tank, 1 says they can try, those people then scream zerg. Well, sorry, not happening. As one of the 2-3 healers, I'm not going there with 4 up on a "I can try" tank. I'll hold SHB or IWB or recap or defend Alliance zerg on Drek'thar.

I'd be vote kicked.

Which wouldn't benefit their zerg, but my presense in Drek's room would potentially help delay for their wipe re-zerg.

Also, whats happening with the report afk since the last patch?

I was in an Alterac Valley last week and everybody call zerg, im like ok let's try it. Some stupid rogue go too far in the Van room and Van see him. I was one of those unlucky guy getting one shotted by Van. So i click release spirit, go grab a beer and bio. That took me maybe 30-40 sec. I come back, mount up and try go go back in the Van's room. Suddenly, logging screen and the next second im in Orgrimmar with the deserter buff.

I was running i was not afk, also there was nobody to attack on the field

Deleted
    Thi
    Last edited by mmoc5a68ae7bbb; 2010-10-26 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxi View Post
    It only takes one to initiate the kick and the rest will just click yes without even knowing what they're clicking yes for.
    This, so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

dumb idea, removing the afkers faster is a good idea, but if u worry about fail pugs, join a good pvp guild and do premades, same concept as raiding, u dont pug 25 man icc hardmodes? y pug rated battlegrounds

Vote to kick is a nice idea, n defo needed for some of the AFK'ers/Bots etc u see in bg's.
    but on the other hand, what about the people who are trying? but just feshly dinged, or new to pvp? people wil abuse a vote to kick, like they do the dungeon version now, just coz sum1 is doin as high damage as sum1 in 3 teirs above them, they vote to kick n off they go.
    probs main reason why it isnt implemented, only the report afk is. people would be kickin the new people who are tryin, but jus not as good as others.