Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welp I went 5 of 32 in the first round :/ got Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Kirkpatrick, and Chandler Jones right :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens have two 2nd round picks with multiple guys they like still on the board.

Think they'll be looking at:

DE/LB Upshaw
    OG Glenn
    WR Hill
    OT Martin
    OT Massie
    C Konz

On a side note: Anyone notice there were no TE's taken in the 1st round?

EDIT: Ozzie Newsome was just on the radio and mentioned that they may use the 4th round pick they just got to move back up tomorrow, so they may have 2 high 2nd round picks tomorrow.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-04-27 at 03:22 AM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Two OkState players in round 1. Not too shabby!

Kind of astounded with the Browns. You just gave up 4 picks to move up ONE spot to draft a runningback - this after you used Montario Hardesty as an excuse to let arguably your best skill position player (Peyton Hillis) go. Completely ignoring the fact that you have the WORST recieving corps in the league. But then you follow that up by drafting Brandon Weeden...who will be 29 this season, and is not NFL ready. You just alienated Colt McCoy, a guy that may have a future, for a guy that may not play more than 5 years in the NFL. Good work guys.

Also Arizona...Michael Floyd? Are you kidding me? You pass on Riley Reiff, A stud LT, and any number of other players that would address your weaknesses...to get another WR, which is your teams strength? What is this I don't even?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, trading out to get another fourth rounder for the Ravens is fine by me.

With how Aldon Smith turned out with my muttering swears and such I am going to keep my mouth SHUT about A.J Jenkins. I don't understand this 'small' nonsense though, 6' 190? That isn't exactly small. It just isn't the bruiser like Megatron or Fitz. His route running looks good, his separation is fantastic. I look forward to seeing what all he can do.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears took Shea McClellin, surpriced he took him and not Mercilus but, let's see I think Emery have seen something in him we others havn't. Looking at some videos at him and I hope he is the new Peppers, he is quite fast.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Bears took Shea McClellin, surpriced he took him and not Mercilus but, let's see I think Emery have seen something in him we others havn't. Looking at some videos at him and I hope he is the new Peppers, he is quite fast.
    He was great at Boise. He can play at DE or at OLB and can play all three downs rather than be a situational player.

The Seattle pick is still completely confusing. That and the 49ers pick seem like such reaches when they could have traded down for them and tried to get an extra pick or two.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-27 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikistos View Post
    Kind of astounded with the Browns. You just gave up 4 picks to move up ONE spot to draft a runningback - this after you used Montario Hardesty as an excuse to let arguably your best skill position player (Peyton Hillis) go. Completely ignoring the fact that you have the WORST recieving corps in the league. But then you follow that up by drafting Brandon Weeden...who will be 29 this season, and is not NFL ready. You just alienated Colt McCoy, a guy that may have a future, for a guy that may not play more than 5 years in the NFL. Good work guys.

Also Arizona...Michael Floyd? Are you kidding me? You pass on Riley Reiff, A stud LT, and any number of other players that would address your weaknesses...to get another WR, which is your teams strength? What is this I don't even?

yea im a browns fan and am quite pissed, hopefully they draft a stud WR and RT for weeden atleast, because if they dont they will be in the same boat as they were with mccoy: no weapons and no line. alot of people around here bash colt for not throwing the deep ball or weak arm but fail to realize we have no wide receivers to break away from coverage or catcha ball, also we dont have a right side of the line so linebackers can freely blitz. and we also didnt have a running back to threaten or distract the defense.

when i heard we got weeden, i was initially pissed, but after i realized he is better than colt ONLY IF WE GET 2 RECEIVERS FROM HIM TO THROW TO AND A RIGHT TACKLE. If we just only get him and no weapons, he will suck and it will be a wasted pick.
    Last edited by Raunchy; 2012-04-27 at 01:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    When i heard we got weeden, i was initially pissed, but after i realized he is better than colt ONLY IF WE GET 2 RECEIVERS FROM HIM TO THROW TO AND A RIGHT TACKLE. If we just only get him and no weapons, he will suck and it will be a wasted pick.
    Thankfully this draft is absolutely stupid deep for WRs. The top 12-13 WRs are all guys that will potentially make impacts in the NFL. They could get Hill at the fifth pick in the second round if the Rams don't grab him at 33. The Colts have bigger holes to fill. The Ravens probably won't take him. God knows what Denver does (probably Worthy for D-line help). The Browns should be in good shape to get either Hill or Johnathon Martin at 37 barring trades.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-27 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Thankfully this draft is absolutely stupid deep for WRs. The top 12-13 WRs are all guys that will potentially make impacts in the NFL. They could get Hill at the fifth pick in the second round if the Rams don't grab him at 33. The Colts have bigger holes to fill. The Ravens probably won't take him. God knows what Denver does (probably Worthy for D-line help).
    I reckon Denver will go for Jerel Worthy. A lot of people had them taking him at 25 - looks like they'll be able to trade down twice and still get him. And good lord do they need him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Browns reportedly looking to trade Colt McCoy.

Thankfully this draft is absolutely stupid deep for WRs. The top 12-13 WRs are all guys that will potentially make impacts in the NFL. They could get Hill at the fifth pick in the second round if the Rams don't grab him at 33. The Colts have bigger holes to fill. The Ravens probably won't take him. God knows what Denver does (probably Worthy for D-line help). The Browns should be in good shape to get either Hill or Johnathon Martin at 37 barring trades.
    Stephen Hill? Can the guy even play reciever? I'm sorry, I just wouldn't be comfortable relying on a guy coming from an Option offense where he caught 49 passes IN HIS CAREER. Personally I'd have stayed at 4 and taken Blackmon, then Riley Reiff at 22, get a RG and RB in the 3rd and 4th, then if no other starting caliber recievers are available later, I grab a size/ speed project (ala Hill) later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikistos View Post
    Stephen Hill? Can the guy even play reciever? I'm sorry, I just wouldn't be comfortable relying on a guy coming from an Option offense where he caught 49 passes IN HIS CAREER. Personally I'd have stayed at 4 and taken Blackmon, then Riley Reiff at 22, get a RG and RB in the 3rd and 4th, then if no other starting caliber recievers are available later, I grab a size/ speed project (ala Hill) later.
    Percy Harvin says hello. I don't know Hill's skill, but Harvin breaks all ideas of "he can't play the position he was drafted for".

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Steve Lemon View Post
    I reckon Denver will go for Jerel Worthy. A lot of people had them taking him at 25 - looks like they'll be able to trade down twice and still get him. And good lord do they need him.
    If he's still available. I'm willing to bet he'll be gone in the three picks beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Percy Harvin says hello. I don't know Hill's skill, but Harvin breaks all ideas of "he can't play the position he was drafted for".

Lolwut? Harvin actually played receiver at Florida, he had 133 catches in his college career, the only question about him coming into the NFL was how long it would take him to learn to run routes and otherwise play as an NFL type receiver. Ya know, the same questions most every other receiver has. With Hill people are getting overly intrigued by his size/speed and are using Demaryous Thomas as an excuse to say "It'll be fine", when this guy could easily be Darius Heyward-Bey 2.0. As a 3rd round pick or later that'll have 2-3 years to develop, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    If he's still available. I'm willing to bet he'll be gone in the three picks beforehand.
    Even if he's gone, they could take Still. Assuming they feel like snagging a DT is an absolute must, Denver could reach for a guy like Martin or trade back down and get someone like Ta'amu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to the Texans on drafting the best named NFL player ever.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Browns reportedly looking to trade Colt McCoy.
    I think I heard that green bay was interested in him for backup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens take DE/OLB Upshaw with their first 2nd round pick.

Not sure where he's starting. Means either Kruger (OLB) or McPhee (DE/DT) won't be starting like I thought they would. I'm guessing Kruger.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Ravens take DE/OLB Upshaw with their first 2nd round pick.

Not sure where he's starting. Means either Kruger (OLB) or McPhee (DE/DT) won't be starting like I thought they would. I'm guessing Kruger.
    Yea most likely opp. side of suggs. Still need ILB/FS/OL though. Maybe Konz or however you spell his name might be free still when we pick again.