15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Is anyone else noticing that nfl.com is becoming just one giant content dump? Christ, it looks like a freshmen web design student slammed their face all over the keyboard and said, "it's done boss!". I seriously hope they streamline something, because the front page is taking longer to load every week.
    Ya their website is pretty craplicious. I also love the auto playing video they have right now. Nothing angers me more than videos that load and play immediately on a website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya their website is pretty craplicious. I also love the auto playing video they have right now. Nothing angers me more than videos that load and play immediately on a website.
    Not to mention their flash coding sucks. Shit lags my computer really hard. They should just let you sort the news and articles by division and team aside from the general layout.

15+ Year Old Account
    Irsay was making comments today that you could interpret as the Colts looking to trade for MJD or Mike Wallace.
    Apparently the NFL hasn't even met with the officials since JULY 27th with no meeting scheduled at this point. Just wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irsay was making comments today that you could interpret as the Colts looking to trade for MJD or Mike Wallace.
    Apparently the NFL hasn't even met with the officials since JULY 27th with no meeting scheduled at this point. Just wow.
    Yep... if thats the case I hope these refs get better quick.

Had to shut off the ESPN game. Holy shit the commentators.

Getting benson to green bay was a god send. Now instead of scoring touch downs so quickly they can actually control the clock on the ground and play as little defense as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Getting benson to green bay was a god send. Now instead of scoring touch downs so quickly they can actually control the clock on the ground and play as little defense as possible.
    I haven't really been paying attention to GB, nor the NFL at that matter; what's his production at, yards-wise? And health? But yeah, I welcome a good running back, so we can eat some time off the clock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I haven't really been paying attention to GB, nor the NFL at that matter; what's his production at, yards-wise? And health? But yeah, I welcome a good running back, so we can eat some time off the clock.
    Hes put up 1000+ yards the last three season in Cinncy and missed 3 games over that time which is pretty great for an RB. I don't think it is overly unrealistic to expect 6-800 yards from him depending on how much they play Starks who I remain completely unimpressed with.

Hes put up 1000+ yards the last three season in Cinncy and missed 3 games over that time which is pretty great for an RB. I don't think it is overly unrealistic to expect 6-800 yards from him depending on how much they play Starks who I remain completely unimpressed with.
    That's a great addition from free agency, then. I'm giddy at the thought of GB with a good running game. Now if they could only play some defense...

15+ Year Old Account
    Wilson is kicking some fucking ass for Seattle tonight. Hes going to finish the first half 10 for 15 with 139 yards, 2 TDS, 58 yards on the grounds. FIVE first half scoring drives. He would be 13 for 15 if TO didn't drop three completely catchable balls putting himself completely in the way of the axe on Monday when the first major cuts come in. Russell Wilson is the real deal.

First drive of the second half, another TD for the Wilson led offense. Six scoring drives.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:14 PM ----------

TO caught the ball! For forty yards!
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-25 at 02:16 AM.

I'm starting to think Wilson could be the biggest steal of this draft. Regular season will tell all, but so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    If he can do what he did for the Bungles, then my Packers are in for a sweet season.

Let's also hope one of those 10,000 defensive draft picks Ted Thompson grabbed are worth a lick.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 02:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'm starting to think Wilson could be the biggest steal of this draft. Regular season will tell all, but so far so good.
    Of course he's a steal. He's a Wisconsin Badger.

10+ Year Old Account
    TO caught the ball! For forty yards!
    Its a miracle.

With Sidney Rice playing good theres no reason to keep him past Monday.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Mallett did pretty good last nite 7/13 2 TD's and a 107 QB rating isn't bad. He would probably be starting if he played for the Browns,Dolphins,Cardinals,Vikings,Chiefs,49ers yes 49ers,Jags,and maybe Jets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Ryan Mallett did pretty good last nite 7/13 2 TD's and a 107 QB rating isn't bad. He would probably be starting if he played for the Browns,Dolphins,Cardinals,Vikings,Chiefs,49ers yes 49ers,Jags,and maybe Jets.
    Yeah, Mallet was impressive, and I think he probably deserves a starting spot somewhere. I was even impressed with Greg McElroy the short time I saw him last week. I missed last night so I can't comment on Wilson, but those numbers are pretty holy shit. If anyone didn't see this coming for T.O., I feel sorry for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, Mallet was impressive, and I think he probably deserves a starting spot somewhere. I was even impressed with Greg McElroy the short time I saw him last week. I missed last night so I can't comment on Wilson, but those numbers are pretty holy shit. If anyone didn't see this coming for T.O., I feel sorry for you.
    I'm just glad T.O. is doing definitively bad and there really is no question to keep him or not. Lots are saying hes going against Braylon Edwards and hes had a few impressive catches.

Thats another thing, lots of people see the QB competition for Seattle, but there is also a huge WR competition. 13 WRs on the roster right now lol. Another person that really shines to me is Robert Turbin. Him + Lynch will be great to watch.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Shockingly" T.O. just tweeted he got let go of by the Seachickens. http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...attle-seahawks . I have no comment about the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Palmer had a relativly meh night against the Lions 17/26 for 181, 0 TD's 2 INT.

Meanwhile Terelle Pryor goes 3/5 for 137 2TD's 0 INT and also rushes 5 times for 90 and 1 TD.

Counting the number of games Palmer gets as starter this season before he gets benched.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Palmer had a relativly meh night against the Lions 17/26 for 181, 0 TD's 2 INT.

Meanwhile Terelle Pryor goes 3/5 for 137 2TD's 0 INT and also rushes 5 times for 90 and 1 TD.

Counting the number of games Palmer gets as starter this season before he gets benched.
    The Lions secondary is mediocre. The Lions backup secondary is one of the most godawful units in existence. Take Pryor's numbers with a grain of salt. Heres the QBRs for the back ups against Detroit so far in the preseason:
    Seneca Wallace: 100.2
    Colt McCoy: 110.4
    Thaddieus Lewis: 101.0
    Curtis Painter: 40.8
    Tyrod Taylor: 44.9 60 rushing yards though

In the defense of the last two the Ravens second team offense is bad. Palmer hasn't been good this offseason for sure, but I wouldn't start putting together the Pryor bandwagon quite yet. He has played well enough to be the #2 though but thats mostly because Leinart is lolbad.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-26 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much his numbers were great vs the Lions, it's more his numbers were better than Palmer's and quite considerably.

Palmer has been shoddy this offseason, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, but I can see it rolling in the way Denver had the Tebow love bus last year.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Mallet isn't going anywhere. I truly believe the Patriots think he's a successor to Brady, uch like GB held onto Rodgers for so long with Farve still there.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk