Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Replacement refs with a terrible call in Green Bay.
    There's been some pretty bad ones in all the games lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Kevin Kolb won the game for the Cardinals. Never thought I would say that.
    Skelton seemed very good the first half, I was excited. I don't know what happened, and now he is out....but Kolb had a decent drive so hopefully he can step up.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Yeah, gotta agree. Blown call, Packers shouldn't have scored on that punt return. WTB regular refs.

...and a Rodgers pick.

...and poor tackling...49er's TD. Looks like this game is pretty much over, given how GB is playing.
    There was nothing wrong with that play. It is perfectly legal to block/tackle a person from the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    There was nothing wrong with that play. It is perfectly legal to block/tackle a person from the side.
    There was a block in the back, just not the one they called for and showed at first. Maybe regular refs would have caught the real foul, but the one they initially threw a flag for was, like you said, perfectly legal.

I dont really see block in the back stuff not getting called as a huge issue. I think people are just nitpicking with that kinda stuff. Regardless of calls Green Bay lost cause they got outplayed simple as that. I wonder how much of a favorite they will be over my Bears next week, if they are even favored at all considering the bears put up a 41 mark and its not like Green Bay's defense is good either. Half of the big plays SF got is cause people were literally wide open no one playing defense.

Wilson didnt look like he played all that great. 18 of 34 only 153 yds and a pick against a mediocre defense. Meh. Griffin was clearly the stand out rookie of the day, although they almost coughed that game away near the end. But 19/26 with 300+ yards is phenomenal. Luck also got yards but couldnt score much and had a hefty amount of turnovers which to me is more of a factor of how the Bears play D with their bend not break mentality. Basically they are notorious for giving up yards but keeping people out of the endzone and forcing turnovers.

So far Id say the headlines of the day is how poor the Eagles and Lions looked against arguably the 2 worst teams in all of football. Carolina losing to Tampa Bay is also somewhat surprising, especially since a lot of people had Carolina as their dark horse playoff team. They finished the game with a whopping 10 rushing yards, not sure how that happens. Cam alone should get 10 yards in like 1 scramble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Wilson didnt look like he played all that great. 18 of 34 only 153 yds and a pick against a mediocre defense. Meh.
    Though I only saw the game through NFL red zone, his receivers were dropping passes like crazy.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck Seattles offensive line shit the bed while waking up today.

Wilson didnt look like he played all that great. 18 of 34 only 153 yds and a pick against a mediocre defense. Meh. Griffin was clearly the stand out rookie of the day, although they almost coughed that game away near the end. But 19/26 with 300+ yards is phenomenal. Luck also got yards but couldnt score much and had a hefty amount of turnovers which to me is more of a factor of how the Bears play D with their bend not break mentality. Basically they are notorious for giving up yards but keeping people out of the endzone and forcing turnovers.
    I can't say Russell did bad. Arizona isn't a mediocre defense. He didn't read blitzes well, but then again blitzes came every 4/5 plays.

I will agree, RG3 lit it up. Congrats to him. Upset of the day to me.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far some of the best QB ratings week 1 are

R.Griffin 3: 139.9
    Matt Ryan: 136.4
    T.Romo: 129.5
    P.Manning: 129.2
    A.Smith: 125.6
    M.Sanchez 123.4

Brandon Weeden has to be the lowest at 5.1 no I didn't type a mistake its not 51 or 50.1 its 5.1 unbelievable.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-09-10 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was 1 good looking drive by Denver. Not seen anything else yet, so, did I miss bad play earlier? Peyton looked good, and like his old self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson didnt look like he played all that great. 18 of 34 only 153 yds and a pick against a mediocre defense.
    Cardinals D has some talent on it, I don't know if you've looked and what they've got recently, but its a solid group now

a lot of teams had trouble running the ball today, and not just teams that played stingy run Ds, there were a lot of gross rushing numbers from teams that have very good rushing attacks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Cardinals D has some talent on it, I don't know if you've looked and what they've got recently, but its a solid group now

a lot of teams had trouble running the ball today, and not just teams that played stingy run Ds, there were a lot of gross rushing numbers from teams that have very good rushing attacks
    Plus with the new rules protecting QBs and receivers, it's becoming more of a passing game. I bet you'll see a 6000 yd passer before we see another 2000 yd rusher... plus a lot of teams had question marks at RBs before the season started

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Ben throws a pick-6 late in the 4th quarter, GG Steelers.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

as a steeler fan, all i can say is, like virtually every year we are never off to a fast start.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    as a steeler fan, all i can say is, like virtually every year we are never off to a fast start.
    ehh its usually the same for Giant fans and guess what you all usually make it to the superbowl or at least the playoffs I wouldn't stress over the first game and wait and see how they look in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    ehh its usually the same for Giant fans and guess what you all usually make it to the superbowl or at least the playoffs I wouldn't stress over the first game and wait and see how they look in 2-3 weeks.
    oh my god you have no idea how happy i am that we didnt play Baltimore the first game of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Goddamn Manning looked good. Me happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

If seattle played like they did in the initially in to the 2nd half I would say the entire team shit the bed. Fortunately the defense tightened up enough for me not to say that (that pick by Richard Sherman was the best I've seen in a LONG time).

Also go seattle fans, blaming the loss on Doug Baldwin that put such an effort into his attempt that he lost two teeth.

I could go on, but thats just nitpicking. I think Russell did fine with what he was given. I'm not going to hold that loss against him at all. Yeah, he had a lot of shots at the end zone but you have to credit Arizona's secondary. They surprised me.

I'm about up to the boiling point with these fucking refs though. Its fucking unacceptable. Coaches and players are getting flags and penalties they want by begging. Its turning one of the best NFL seasons in a long time into the most infuriating.

Anyway, Manning looks awesome. Back to his old self for sure.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-09-10 at 04:01 AM.

After week 1 the NFC is 4-0 vs AFC teams. That streak probably wont last long as Arizona has to face New England next week but you never know! Baltimore also goes to Philadelphia, Minnesota goes to Indy, and Denver goes to Atlanta.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought my Cardinals were going to give it up with all the pass interference calls but, nope.

Manning hasn't lost a step and showed little rust. Look out for Denver me thinks.