Deleted
    I don't remember what mines were but it was either Digimon, Gragon Ball or Pokemon. The ones I've actually started watching from 0 to 100% was naruto and Bleach but I was just a kid lol.

The first one I consider a real watch was Code Geass and Ergo Proxy (I think), not counting movies.

Why do the interesting discussions always start when I'm asleep

As for how I started, I grew up with Pokémon and continued to watch it up until the 5th gen. A few years ago I tried to watch Bleach because I liked the manga, but I gave up after 50 episodes. January last year was when I started to actually get into anime. I started with Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, SAO, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, then it just escalated and I watched everything that sounded interesting. I think I watched close to 2000 episodes in just the first 6 months (I had a lot of free time.)

I think I started lurking around this thread half a year ago, though I rarely post. I blame my inability to put my thoughts into words.

i started with everything that was running in german tv at that time like pokemon dragonball one piece naruto digimon monster rancher CCS X etc... afterwards i think the first japanese animes i watch were Full Metal Panic CCS again this time not in german xD TSR Code Geas Full Metal Alchemist Zero no Tsukaima TTGL and probably a few more that i can't remember.. also i think i startet arround 2007 2008 watching currently airing animes

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quite a few started with shounen I see.

My anime adventure started out pretty normally, but took a quick turn:

Bleach > Toradora > Shakugan no Shana > Zero no Tsukaima (can you see where this is going?) > a lot of other anime > Fairy Tail > Naruto

Most of my shounen shows are after everything else :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I started on Pokemon about 15 years ago then that was it until 4 years ago when I binged on any anime I could get.

I only just startet watching actively. Fall 13 was the first season where I picked up some airing shows.

However, I've been watching One Piece for 5 years. It was more a coincidence. I saw an episode on tv (German dub) and decided to rewatch a little bit of it, because I remembered it from 1999-2000(?). Back then there were some of these shows in the afternoon program on tv. I guess I could say I tried to catch every episode of Dragonball, Detective Conan and One Piece back then.

Now, what got me really started last year was that a friend told me about Shingeki. He repeatedly told me to watch it. When I finally finished it, I wanted to know a little bit more about it. Thats basically when I discovered how many anime actually exist. Time to catch up

So the list would be something like:

One Piece/Detective Conan/Dragonball
    -
    Shingeki no Kyojin
    KissXsis
    OreImo
    Gosick
    Clannad / AS
    Anime by Key

'What a long, strange trip'. Kyojin got me hooked and then randomly deciding to watch one of the ecchiest things i've ever seen... Starting with gosick it became more than just thoughtless enjoyment. And then, there was Clannad (AS)... Just for this (opinion) Masterpiece, I am happy that I was introduced into anime. I have yet to watch things like Steins:Gate, FMA:B etc. But I'm trying to do only one catchup besides the immense amount of currently airing shows. Currently: Toradora! (And rewatching Madoka for the 3rd time :-/ )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    Don't forget I brought you here in the first place.
    Your posts belong to me.
    Oy oy OY! Do I need to go all war of independence on yer ass?!

My anime start was probably pretty standard WesternAnimeFan opening, with a small twist. DragonBall>Z>GT>Magic Knight Rayearth>Bleach>Naruto>allllllll the shit in the world.

Am I messed up that I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series when I was 5? Also watched Dragon ball, Dragon ball z , Bleach, Cowboy bebop, Big O. After that it digressed into watching any anime I could watch.

Also OT damn do I feel old!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Am I messed up that I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series when I was 5?
    Yes, you are

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuo Heiwajima View Post
    Yes, you are
    I just remembered that I watched rurouni kenshin as well and Samurai x when I was younger too those were around 7 or 8 I can't remember fully.

Am I messed up that I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series when I was 5? Also watched Dragon ball, Dragon ball z , Bleach, Cowboy bebop, Big O. After that it digressed into watching any anime I could watch.

i guess that depends where u live lol ;X stuff like that didnt even air here and i think the most brutal thing u could watch here was X on MTV ;D or maybe Hellsing other then that only kiddy anime or heavly censored stuff i can remeber dragonball gt missing like 60% of its episodes in german tv and even DBZ did a jump every now and then ;/

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    I started with cardcaptor sakura in japanese when i couldn't find it in english. then when bleach started on adult swim I went "oh yeah...". then I think I did shakugan no shana

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oy oy OY! Do I need to go all war of independence on yer ass?!
    1v1 me at Baron :^)

How old are you, anyway?

I started with Pokemon way back when i was 16, i had just bought the import NA Blue game when it started showing.

After that it was Ninja Scroll and Devilman movies, then Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Came back to anime with Madoka and Fate/zero, now watching GJ-bu and Date a Live.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Psh you're only 364 days older than me! (going off your profile)

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    1v1 me at Baron :^)
    How old are you, anyway?
    Turning 24 this coming up April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Psh you're only 364 days older than me! (going off your profile)
    Well it made me feel old going back in my memories trying to remember what anime I watched or started with.

Deleted
    Turning 24 this coming up April.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it made me feel old going back in my memories trying to remember what anime I watched or started with.
    Plz, 24 isn't old.

Best umbrella meme so far!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Plz, 24 isn't old.
    yeah if 24 is old...i'm ancient.

true i am turning 24 too in about a month... so if we are all 24+ we arent old! ;P also if Hudson was 16 when blue got released he must be like 31 now xD

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL