Poll: Thrall or Garrosh?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Instead of focusing a common enemy and then taking care of the battle between us...
    Here's the part that has a lot of people supporting Garrosh. Horde and Alliance have been uniting to fight a common enemy since vanilla. Apparently Blizzard as well as a lot of fans are ready for Warcraft to return to it's roots and they want the Horde/Alliance conflict moved back into the forefront. There's been what...like seven or eight years of uniting against a common enemy? (WCIII-WotLK)

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    If you re-read my post you will see that I don't really care what direction Garrosh takes the Horde, I feel bad for the Horde fans who are invested in the idea of a new Horde which has been building over 7 years to see it get train wrecked in a few shorts months.
    Saying it is a train wreck is sort of short sighted. We don't even know what exactly is to happen with Garrosh. He may be young and brash, which only indicates he has much to learn. He has honor (fair honor that is), as he displayed in his battle against Cairn, and subsequently aiding his son Baine in defending the tauren.

Thrall has worked for the peace and properity of his people, Garrosh is not promoting peace but rather submission of all races to the Horde. He isn't re-writing history, he is writing it with his actions. You give him too little credit.
    Perhaps, but even he said he is not yet leader material. Give him the benefit of the doubt, he may surprise you all. Even still, his actions are because of age long prejudice. Thrall may have spoken for the Horde, but that does not necessarily mean he spoke true to the heart of every orc. They are warriors, and even they must claim their due. Thrall may have been the example of a better individual than most, but that does not mean every honor bound orc will forgive the atrocities humans had wrought.

Garrosh is not taking them back to there roots. It's a much darker road, one I think they have travelled on before. If you want to see true Orc's observe the behaviors of the Frostwolves.
    Roots may be a wrong word to use here. Let's rather say invoking ways that were. Remember, orcs were war driven for the better part of their lives. Seven years is a small compared to the 30 they fought against the alliance, and the hundred spent in bloodlust before that. The Legion's hold may have been wiped clean, but a glorious battle driven blood now fuels their hearts. This is most evident in the lethargy that they endured in the alliance internment camps.
    Also, I get what you are saying about the Frost wolves, but I don't think they are true orcs, rather they embody the forlorn core of what once made an orc. Like Thrall, they personify a better state of person, but most orcs reveled in the bloodlust, over more than a century it is what they have become. It would be like saying, the people of tibet represent true humanity. They may be a more pure state of mind, but a race is unfortunately judged by its majority.

Your average Orc should care... not too long ago they were prisoners with no will to live or carry on. Thrall returned that to them, and they are willing to toss that all away for Garrosh's war on a faction he knows little to nothing about?
    Thrall may have freed them, and restored their honor, but a figure like Garrosh lends them the opportunity to strike back. He gives them retribution, something Thrall never could.

Like I said to each there own, but the poll results would seem to support me on this one.
    Yes, and that is what people wants to see, not what Blizzard plans to do with their story as they see fit. They created the orcs, don't you think they know what suits them best. People also vehemently desired Thrall and Jaina to get together, but you probably saw how Blizzard didn't give a damn, and followed their storyline how they saw fit.
    Last edited by Azjenco; 2010-11-17 at 06:29 AM.

Thrall is Martin Luther King Jr
    Garrosh is Malcolm X

Same goals, vastly different ideas about how to best achieve those goals.

Garrosh is more "old horde."

Unfortunately, the old horde were boring and only a plot device for the alliance to be heroes.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    nothing to add to the argument, but read sig :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Thrall is basicaly a green Jesus with a big hammer, shooting bolts of lightning out of his ass.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    Thrall is Martin Luther King Jr
    Garrosh is Malcolm X

Same goals, vastly different ideas about how to best achieve those goals.
    That's actually pretty good.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Why do you care about the people that care about thrall?

Knowwhatimsayingm'kay?

"Thrall is the most important on Azeroth" - Metzen

"Thrall is a straight up G" - Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by fendrix View Post
    Garrosh is more "old horde."

Unfortunately, the old horde were boring and only a plot device for the alliance to be heroes.
    I agree.

Deleted
    And he is. If you've seen some video's on YouTube, Garrosh spreads hate all over the Horde. He calls The Banshee Queen a bitch, Vol'Jin lives at the Echo isles because of him, Cairne Bloodhoof has died PARTLY because of him. He spreads the Horde out and he only wants to see blood, while that isn't possible. You need tactics to win from Nefarian and the Alliance, they're at least equally as strong! With that, Thrall is the most important leader of WoW - and the most important Shaman, the most powerful one. I still don't get why Thrall has chosen Garrosh Hellscream.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    And he is. If you've seen some video's on YouTube, Garrosh spreads hate all over the Horde. He calls The Banshee Queen a bitch, Vol'Jin lives at the Echo isles because of him, Cairne Bloodhoof has died PARTLY because of him. He spreads the Horde out and he only wants to see blood, while that isn't possible. You need tactics to win from Nefarian and the Alliance, they're at least equally as strong! With that, Thrall is the most important leader of WoW - and the most important Shaman, the most powerful one. I still don't get why Thrall has chosen Garrosh Hellscream.
    ... Vol'jin lives on the Echo Isles (renamed to Darkspear Isle) because his people reclaimed it, it is their home, his place is on the Darkspear Isle, acting like a true leader... So yeah... I also suggest you read the Shattering.

Chris Metzen thinking: YES! It's working... everyone will be favoring my character! Time to Mary Sue him even more!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Chris Metzen thinking: YES! It's working... everyone will be favoring my character! Time to Mary Sue him even more!
    Yeah no... Metzen's fav char is Malfurion....

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "“Our” success? Troll, you played no part in the Horde’s victories in Northrend. While I led our warriors against the Lich King, you merely took back a few scattered islands"
    Now that's more like it. It's questionable how much of the successes can be credited to his leadership, but at least he isn't lying about his role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    He never said that... It's a huge missquote... And bad english too.
    Thanks for the correction. Now Garrosh just needs to brush off the rest of his bad qualities.

Im an alliance player, but ever since i saw the cinematic where it is Thrall/Hellscream VS Mannoroth, Ive had a soft spot for Thrall & the orcs as one

Hellscream: Thrall, The blood haze has lifted, The demons fire has burnt out in my veins
    Hellscream: I have freed myself
    Thrall : No old friend, Youve freed us all.

If you are horde or alliance, you cant deny that is just filled with awesomeness,

That has always touched my heart for some reason, more so then any alliance memory i have

Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    Thrall is just plain awesome. Intelligence and integrity are his main strengths. Garrosh is a scrub, who will bring the horde back to what the orcs were like after drinking Mannoroth's blood. I am hoping Garrosh ends up as a Deathwing turd by the end of Cataclysm and either Thrall comes back or Baine takes over as Warchief.

Furthermore, when Garrosh finds out his defeat of Cairne was not due to his own abilities, but Magathra Grimtotems meddling in the fight(poison on blades), Garrosh's supposed honor should have sent him off not only to separate Magathra's head from her body, but wipe out the grimtotem tribe. But he showed what kind of shallow, callous turd he is, but letting the tauren deal with the issue internally. Garrosh as Warchief almost made me switch to alliance.
    hell yah, a tauren warchief would be a great honor,plus, I want to see a tauren with a proper model and not the generic polygonized one

Deleted
    Vol'Jin for warchief!

Garrosh as warchief is just meh..

Thrall brought people together, he found Allies. Garrosh on the other hand, is pushing people away, or killing them. Cairne, see ya (not the death Garrosh intended but still happened)

Thrall is leaving but we can say that Thrall is going to be the one to save the world in the end!

Oh, did I mention he is going to be sleeping with Jaina?! Boooom Thrall > Garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by Kyndred View Post
    Oh, did I mention he is going to be sleeping with Jaina?! Boooom Thrall > Garrosh
    Ummm, no ... hell, for the love of Metzen, no. If you have been following lore, Aggra is Thrall's mate and they intend to make with the babies. Thrall and Jaina coupling would be a sick bestial affront to nature.

Even Metzen said that would never happen, after all, Thrall wants to keep it in the Horde, interracial loving with the enemy, I might add, is not the way to go. Especially, as Metzen said, due to Jaina's horrid track record with men.

So, ah ummm, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh has always been a dick, but that attitude is what's fueling the conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, and I like it. As for Thrall, I never really liked him. Sure, he's an important lore figure... but he's everywhere all the time, kinda like his balls. I'm glad he leaves... to save the world :/