Thread: Leap of Faith

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a question. Does it work on Death Knights that have Pillar of Frost active? I mean... it would suck for a Death Knight to die when they are unable to get out of fire in time and had used their main DPS increasing ability at an unlucky moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens if two people LoF the same person? Sounds like potential for cloning!

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Can anyone confirm if this works on friendly targets that are cc'd? I'm curious to know if I can use it on a friend in a bg when he gets sapped or stunned for example (or any kind of cc really).....What kind of cc will this spell counter-act?
    Either way it's going to be fun to see people who run up ahead of you getting lit up by a frost mage, and you simply just dispel-->LoF......OR possibly just LoF them out of the freeze? Any one on beta been using this on CC'd friendlys?
    I would doubt it works on stunned targets. DG does not pull stunned people so chances are this will act the same, sheeps etc, you can though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrenar View Post
    Anything that wont one shot the priest isn't going to 1 shot you.
    well.. there is always the logic that the priest has an AE incomming on his position and moves you there and jumps out. not like youre going to see that one coming -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    As we get closer to Cataclysm i find myself wondering about this ability? Is it still in, and does it still work like a death grip on players?

Im probably not the first to wonder at the retardness of this spell, we've all tried the hunter who misdirected to the healer to wipe groups or perhaps a paladin using Hand of Protection at a...inopportune moment.

In other words..anything that gives other players control over your character (outside pvp) isnt good.. So my question must be to betaplayers:

How many times have you been pulled over some edge, into a fire or otherwise out of position with this spell? How much should i fear it in the hands of scrubs?
    Your reasoning sounds a lot like "take away his driving license at all because anyone could get me under the wheels with the car."
    Reasoning thus, we should get rid of practically everything, because there will always be someone who could make a bad use.
    The spell is interesting, and does not need to be revised, imo

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    well.. there is always the logic that the priest has an AE incomming on his position and moves you there and jumps out. not like youre going to see that one coming -.-
    Why would they do that exactly? Is there some massive gain in possibly wiping a raid and then getting kicked from it that I am not getting?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Yesterday when I did High Ambassador Flamelash, I wish I had Leap of Faith. There was a rogue there that stood in the fire, not moving at all until he died (Before you say I failed at healing, that damage is like 9k per second and the tank required heals aswell!)
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Deleted
    I bet it lifegrips to the location you are at when you use it much like death grip

I can see this as being very annoying in Rated WSG BG matches. Pulling FCs up the ledge to the graveyard to cut out the ramp run and go straight into the FR.

Quote Originally Posted by mafain View Post
    I can see this as being very annoying in Rated WSG BG matches. Pulling FCs up the ledge to the graveyard to cut out the ramp run and go straight into the FR.
    Not really any different than Warlocks Teleporting with the flag, except it requires teamwork though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm not sure I like this spell yet. It seems more like a PITA than anything else. I guess if it wasn't the level 85 spell I would like it more. It just doesn't seem all that powerful for the last spell you learn. I'm comparing it to my lock's level 85 spell which is (essentially) a very powerful dps cooldown. Maybe if it cleared all aggro on the target, I might get a little more excited about it. (And maybe it does and I missed that in the tooltip or something, in which case I take that back)

Also, I see this spell starting arguments. You pull someone out of the fire, they're embarrassed they were in the fire and start calling you names for pulling them out, etc. Maybe that only going to be an issue with pickup groups but I still see it being a problem.

Meh comparing LoF to a bad tank or healer is a bad analogy. My belief is that even when used by good priests the benefit is negligble simply because most people standing in a fire etc. will be too disoriented by having their position shifted unless they are prepared for it...and thn it loses its purposes cuz then youd probable be aware of the issue to start with.

Unless there's some specific fight that plays on the mechanic like RoS in Black Temple (spell reflect) this spell have an extremely high pandemonium factor for something that will be very hard to use correctly.

This spell is only useful if you believe someone else isnt doing their job proper. Bad tanking is obvious if dps dies/boss heals/whatever. Bad healing is obvious if tanks die. How do you rly know with this one?

But since I play a palla this is basically cool and Im sure hunters will agree. In wotlk we had loladins and huntards. Cataclysm gives us
    "leap off a building"-priest?
    "Noopriests"?
    "Priestards"?

Pick one priests...anyone... it'll stick to you for this whole expansion, have fun

If you dont PuG you usually wont have an issue. And its not like you can really do any harm with it. If the priest pulls you into a fire just run out and then get them kicked.

Deleted
    OH. MY. GOD. - seriously, what's your problem guys? Priests just got like the most fun ability in the raid environment that is really useful for avoiding voidzones etc. and what are you doing? WHINING? SERIOUSLY? What's your problem? Just calm down. Gawd.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    What if a DK death grips you when you Leap of faith someone? Hmm..
    I'd say it would be the equivelent of dividing by 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu View Post
    Yesterday when I did High Ambassador Flamelash, I wish I had Leap of Faith. There was a rogue there that stood in the fire, not moving at all until he died (Before you say I failed at healing, that damage is like 9k per second and the tank required heals aswell!)
    I think it actually ticks for about 3k/second, unless maybe your group somehow got 3 fires stacked on top of each other.

But yeah, this is the intention of the spell. Pull people out of the fire and I think this is where you are going to see 99% of it's use. I doubt it'll be abused all that much.

Only main abuse I can see that will get it revised if it becomes mandatory for short "enrage" phases on raid bosses to have a priest or two pull the rank away and maybe an intervene keeping the boss walking and not damaging the tank. If this becomes the go to way to trivialize certain HM encounters it'll get nerfed.

This is one of those things everyone worries about, but in all honesty, how often do you see similarly useful (and possibly destructive) abilities like HoP, misdirect, or invisibility (believe me, you can fuck with people with it) getting abused? I have run pretty much exclusively with pugs as of late and the only thing that happened to me was these two arse mages popping invis and running into mobs, making the tank panic while the healer was afk and....

Never mind. Your right, itll get abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance View Post
    Or if 4 priests are in a square 40 yards apart, and use Leap of Faith at the same time.. I wonder what would happen? Is the pathing to the priests previous location, or will all of you fly in a square indefinitely? or will you all move closer to each other gradually in a cyclone style, meeting in the middle location of the square? hmmmmm
    I would say they would path to previous positions. The same thing has happened where as a bear vs a warrior, we would charge at the same time and end up switching spots, same goes for DK deathgrips too. Quite funny to watch too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I "abused" this spell in beta with my guild mates. Our resto shaman would be ghost wolfing back and I'd leap him, which would bring him back to me, give him sprint, BUT also turn him to direction he flew, aka, backwards, so he'd unintentionally run a few sprinted steps behind me. Then of course I'd bubble sprint myself and beat him back to the boss :P
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

I like it. It gives us a great tool to further help out retarded DPS...and have a little fun in 5 mans.