G15 Keyboard
    G35 Headset
    1x 24" Samsung LED
    2x 23" Samsung LED
    Razer Mamba Mouse
    Razer Mousepad
    Logitech Standard Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Anyone know about the Dell Ultrasharp u2312hm?
    While I'm waiting for flatpanelshd's review (which is underway, as they received it 9/9), I'm thinking it's a downgrade to U2311H.
    I base this on nothing except that they are trying to cut costs on their U2412M and U2312HM models from their predecessors, resulting in the U2412M being quite subpar compared to the U2410

Well, it does appear to use proper IPS panel, as opposed to E-IPS.
    At least, that's what the store's page is saying.

Well, it does appear to use proper IPS panel, as opposed to E-IPS.
    At least, that's what the store's page is saying.
    /shrug. I see some sites label the U2412M as E-IPS but the U2311H as IPS. I'd wait for reviews. If you are desperate to get one now, you are just pushing rash decisions. It's alright to sit with the one you have for a while longer. I realise the Computerforums and others e-peen is kind of like peer pressure and forcing people into getting upgrades earlier than necessary. But honestly, at this time, you do not need half of them. :P

Sheesh. I'm not out to make rash decisions. If I was going to make any rash decisions I wouldn't be asking here for advice, thank you.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So confused....

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I can see how a GTX560 Ti would be dead silent.
    Heck I'm wondering how low-profile solutions haven't come out for that particular chip yet.
    Yeah my video card only gets loud if I tell it to. >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Started buying the parts for my PC, got the case, RAM, CPU, and PSU. Mobo, HDD and GPU are last
    [My sig is a little outdated right now.]
    Edit: Updated sig

Final price with all the sales and such I've been getting: $1155
    Last edited by conqq; 2011-09-20 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Case; Zalman Z9
    CPU; AMD Phantom 6 core 1100 BE
    CPU cooler; Corsair A50
    GPU; Gigabyte 460 1gb
    PSU; 1000w OCZ
    Ram; G.Skill 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
    Mobo; Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    HardDrive; 1tb WD black
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Started buying the parts for my PC, got the case, RAM, CPU, and PSU. Mobo, HDD and GPU are last
    [My sig is a little outdated right now.]
    Edit: Updated sig

Final price with all the sales and such I've been getting: $1155
    Whoa, nice buil--WAIT A MINUTE
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I want your Plasma I have an old massive TV

So my Gene-Z motherboard finally arrived.

At the wrong post-office. Well, not wrong per se. I had forgotten to update my delivery address on the site. So they sent it to my old address. 650 km away from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my Gene-Z motherboard finally arrived.

At the wrong post-office. Well, not wrong per se. I had forgotten to update my delivery address on the site. So they sent it to my old address. 650 km away from here.
    thats a big oops, did you not notice something on the tracking? or does your shipping company not allow you to track them?

I didn't pay attention to the tracking. But the order confirmation (even if it's just a returned product I get one) does mention it being delivered to my old address. Honestly, I thought it was just the billing address (which is still my old address), so I didn't think to doublecheck. D:

Regardless, customer-service was nice enough to call the post office and ask it be shipped to the right address.

Deleted
    A member of my guild has complained throughout Firelands progression that she experiences drastic framerate drops even with all the settings turned to the absolute lowest. I haven't really presented myself as a PC enthusiast, but when she found out I have the interest she asked me directly if I could do something about it. Of course, I suggested all the basic fixes (console commands to bring the settings even lower) thinking her computer was probably old with sub-par hardware. But then she mentioned she bought it about one and a half years ago for 700 euros, so I asked her to install CPU-Z and send me some screens.

The computer was alright with 4Gb 1333Mhz RAM, an i5 660 and a decent Intel motherboard (DH55TC). Nothing high-end, but far from bad hardware. It had factory produced written all over it of course, but then I noticed that it said it was running on Intel HD Graphics. I figured she had plugged the screen in the wrong connector or that there was a faulty driver, but nope, there was no discrete GPU at all (which considering the price was a bit odd).

But that's far from the worst part. When trying to figure out if there was a GPU or not, I asked her to simply open the case and take a picture as she had no clue what I was talking about. Let me introduce... this. Oh. The. Horror.
    http://i.imgur.com/LMAzy.jpg
    Fairly certain there is a new, undiscovered species in there somewhere.

So, this is me posting my guildies gaming setup.

(For the record, since she wasn't willing to spend any money on new parts I suggested that she should get something like a GT440 for ~40 euros. And of course clean the case and the components properly.)
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-20 at 12:56 PM.

Onboard 1156 graphics? I'm surprised it managed to run Firelands at all.
    Also, dust filters really show that they are your friend.

WOW-Relevant Stuff:

Main Gig at home:
    Intel i7 920
    6GB DDR3
    GTX 570 (Max graphics settings)
    Intel 510 SSD 120 GB as wow drive.

Laptop when i am on a business trip:

Lenovo W520
    Intel i7 2730 QM
    16 GB Ram
    Quadro 2000
    Intel 510 SSD as wow drive. - This machine can handle wow at 19x10 at High Graphics settings pretty well (50 fps).
    Last edited by nycnyc88; 2011-09-20 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Whoa, nice buil--WAIT A MINUTE
    I get the rest of the parts (Minus the GPU) this next Monday. Sadly my MoBo doesn't have any VGA or DVI ports so I have to wait until I get my GPU to actually use it >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    My broken P8P67 WS Revolution won't get replaced on warranty. They say the socket can positively absolutely not be broken before shipping and that Asus do some kind of check on this. Damn must've been the indoor wind here at home blowing on the pins the wrong way then.

Freakin' coincidence. Couple of days before this happened to me I was telling some guy with the exact same broken-pin problem (and same retailer, Inet.se) on sweclockers forums that he should stand up for himself against inet in this matter since they said no to replacing his. Now I'm in the exact same seat and "standing up" against them doesn't seem to move them at all. :P

Sent mail to the place where I bought my P8Z68 Deluxe (webhallen.com!) that I want to turn it in and exchange for a Maximus IV P67. All accessoaries + anti stat bag are still in the box (hey.. previous P8P67 EVO owner so didn't need them..) but I HAVE kind of been using the mobo, so I'm being frank with them and admitting that.

I think the laws here in sweden say something about a 14 day return policy (in which, you can actually "test" out the product, but need to keep it in absolute top condition) when buying off the web, but I actually went to their store picking it up so don't know if it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I think the laws here in sweden say something about a 14 day return policy (in which, you can actually "test" out the product, but need to keep it in absolute top condition) when buying off the web, but I actually went to their store picking it up so don't know if it applies.
    Then you're definitely screwed. Distansköpslagen does not apply.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Then you're definitely screwed. Distansköpslagen does not apply.
    They've been nice to me before in a similar case with a used RAM stick. I hope they still value customer lovin' as much as they did a couple of years ago. Doesn't hurt to ask