Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I posted the specs last night

Intel Core i7 2600k (stock speed)
    MSI Twin Frozor Radeon HD6870
    Gigabyte Z86 Socket 1155 microATX motherboard
    G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz Performance series
    G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws series (so 12GB total memory)
    Sunbeamtech Comet 750 watt PSU (a friend gave it to me since I sold my old setup, I know it's overkill and I am probably going to get something lower wattage)
    Kingston 64GB SSD, Western Digital 2TB 7200RPM secondary drive
    Samsung Blu Ray Reader + LG Lightscribe dual layer Blu Ray Burner
    Thermaltake Armor A30 microATX case

I really do love this little rig, however I am thinking that prior to the winter I will need to invest in a better CPU cooler, and if I can find a 23cm fan that will fit on top as a method of air pulling, I will replace that too since the top fan does not draw much air at all (compared to other fans anyway). The internal case temperature reads 30 C on the BIOS, CPU runs around 50 C on load which is not bad. Anyone who can recommend a really low profile, low noise and quality 1155 CPU cooler, I am taking suggestions. I was considering other more affordable graphics cards and replacing the stock fans on them with a VGA cooler but the price difference between the MSI Twin Frozor cards and buying a cheaper one plus a good VGA cooler was 30 bucks more for two parts rather then just buying the card itself. Runs all my games exceptionally well, waiting on my bandwidth for the month to reset so I can download Metro 2033 and see how well it handles that.

Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro/Advanced are silent CPU coolers. Else the NH-D14 with the Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor will do the trick.

Not an everyday setup you have there, nice to see some variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Else the NH-D14 with the Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor will do the trick.
    What is that...?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    What is that...?
    Voltage-chokers. Reduce volt, to reduce RPM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Voltage-chokers. Reduce volt, to reduce RPM.
    ...to reduce cooling performance?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro/Advanced are silent CPU coolers. Else the NH-D14 with the Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor will do the trick.

Not an everyday setup you have there, nice to see some variation.
    Well I wanted something smaller, a tower was taking up too much space, not to mention the thing was a loud beast, this runs at a whisper. Also, I have enough storage to beat a dead horse and worst case scenario I get a media server for movies and music.

But don't you mean the Noctua NH-C14? The D14 sure as heck can't fit in that case that's for sure, I think the only one that would fit is the NH-C12P since it's 114mm, looks like it has great reviews, I just hope it would fit.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello again,

Build went great, first one, will have pics tomorrow.

Unfortunately I do have a problem I would like to have you guys help me with.

I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Newegg product number N82E16813128506

Everything booted up properly, got Windows 7 installed, first thing after I put the mobo disk in and installed the drivers, however for some reason the driver for ethernet connection either didn't download properly, or wasn't on the disk. Tried a few times to reinstall the drivers, same problem, computer just won't connect. So I went on my other pc, downloaded the driver from the website, it installs then at the end I get this error message:

"The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled please Plug the Cable."

Any and all advice and help is greatly appreciated, if I should ask this question in another forum please let me know. I'm at work for the next 8 hours so I'll write down all advice and try it at home later.

Thank you,

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    ...to reduce cooling performance?
    to reduce noise, for people like tetris who are compulsive about sound.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    *gathers stalking gear for RL picz*

@Deltrus: Neat! But aren't all Hyper X RAM sticks 1.65v?
    I think so, I don't care a whole ton though, that's the exact same voltage of my XMS3 1600MHZ RAM, so that's good.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Keyboard
    Razer Blackwidow - Mech keyboard/ G110 Logitec (depending on type of useage)

Mouse
    Razer Death Adder

Headset
    steelseries siberia v2

Monitor
    ASUS 24' - does the job, not that great.

Case
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower

Cooling
    Hyper 212+ (air cooling)

Intel Core i7 950 OC'd to 4.0 Gigz
    Windows 7

RAM: 6 gigs 2k ram running at 2.8 panning to upgrade it to 12 gig, when 680s come out.
    PSU: 850 HX
    Sound card: (hidden) - Don't make my sound cards anymore, better than anything else on the market.

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooricy View Post
    Sound card: (hidden) - Don't make my sound cards anymore, better than anything else on the market.
    i would like to know, afaik, the asus xense series are the best on the market, what is this better card you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i would like to know, afaik, the asus xense series are the best on the market, what is this better card you speak of?
    Xense is a model of the xonar series. Also, him having a set of siberia makes him unlikely to tell the difference of this so-called better card, or, it's a legacy card whom used to be top-dog. *guessing*
    &nbsp;

I use an older Xonar model card, which they do not make anymore. The new cards in my opinion are made with poor quality parts, which affect the sound and logivitity of the cards.

I use headset for vent/skype - pvp, since I'm banned from wow i use my speakers :-(

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well I wanted something smaller, a tower was taking up too much space, not to mention the thing was a loud beast, this runs at a whisper. Also, I have enough storage to beat a dead horse and worst case scenario I get a media server for movies and music.

But don't you mean the Noctua NH-C14? The D14 sure as heck can't fit in that case that's for sure, I think the only one that would fit is the NH-C12P since it's 114mm, looks like it has great reviews, I just hope it would fit.
    Oh, you're right.. Overlooked the mATX.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooricy View Post
    I use an older Xonar model card, which they do not make anymore. The new cards in my opinion are made with poor quality parts, which affect the sound and logivitity of the cards.

I use headset for vent/skype - pvp, since I'm banned from wow i use my speakers :-(
    What did you do?

INTENRAL

Tower - NZXT Phantom PHAN-002OR Newegg Exclusive Black Finish w/Orange Trim Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
    Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost, OC'D to 4.3) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core
    Motherboard - ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    Cooling Unit - CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Graphics Card - EVGA -01G-P3-1370-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Power Supply - CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC
    RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) X 2

Front Bays:
    Panel - AeroCool Touch 2000 Controller
    Disc Drive - LG Black Super Multi SATA WH12LS30 LightScribe Support

Hard Drives:
    Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD5000AAKS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
    Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200JDRTL 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 1.5Gb/s 3.5"
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

EXTERNAL:

Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder Precision Optical Gaming Mouse - 3.5G Infrared Sensor
    Mousepad: Rosewill RMP-2000 Multi-Functional Mousepad w/ 4 Ports USB 2.0 Hub
    Keyboard: RAZER Tarantula Black USB Ultimate Gaming Keyboard
    Headset: Ozone Gaming Gear ATTACK 3.5mm x 2 Connector Circumaural Stereo Gaming Headset
    Monitor: Acer 23 Inch Monitor with HDMI/DVI Support TruBright LED Technology
    Monitor: Acer 20 Inch Monirot with HDMI/DVI Support TruBright LED Technology
    Wireless Adapter: NETGEAR WNDA3100-100NAS RangeMax Wireless Dual Band Adapter

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

LAPTOP

Toshiba A505 Satalite Core 2 Duo With Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad looking rig/setup you got there, thanks for the pics! ^.^
    "A flower.

Finally ordered all the parts for my new PC, should be able to build it tomorrow night even if I don't get my SSD...I'll just use a trial of Windows 7 to mess with it, then install my student copy of Ultimate on the SSD once it arrives. =D

Until I get everything, here's the specs:

Intel Core i5 2500k Processor
    MSI Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD @ 7200 RPM
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    8 GB (2x 4 GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X-Series
    SeaSonic X750 Gold Modular PSU
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Mobo
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212+ CPU cooler

All inside of a COOLER MASTER HAF 932 full tower case.

Peripherals:
    -Razer Naga
    -Logitech G510 Keyboard
    -Razer Carcharias Headset
    -Some old ASUS 22" LCD Monitor

Can't wait to finally build this behemoth and get some pics up! Case and Graphics Card arrive today, gonna be so much harder to wait after that...=P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexxen View Post
    Finally ordered all the parts for my new PC, should be able to build it tomorrow night even if I don't get my SSD...I'll just use a trial of Windows 7 to mess with it, then install my student copy of Ultimate on the SSD once it arrives. =D

Until I get everything, here's the specs:

Intel Core i5 2500k Processor
    MSI Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD @ 7200 RPM
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    8 GB (2x 4 GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X-Series
    SeaSonic X750 Gold Modular PSU
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Mobo
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212+ CPU cooler

All inside of a COOLER MASTER HAF 932 full tower case.

Peripherals:
    -Razer Naga
    -Logitech G510 Keyboard
    -Razer Carcharias Headset
    -Some old ASUS 22" LCD Monitor

Can't wait to finally build this behemoth and get some pics up! Case and Graphics Card arrive today, gonna be so much harder to wait after that...=P
    Boy that's got a lot of my stuff...

I guess I'm just part of a larger crowd. :<
    "A flower.

Haha, don't think of it that way - the stuff that sells well parts-wise tends to be the best quality anyways =D Great minds think alike, and whatnot. (Also, your RAM and storage blows mine out of the water...but I plan on OCing my i5 a little higher, and I have a 2 TB external I use for any hardcore storage =P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexxen View Post
    Haha, don't think of it that way - the stuff that sells well parts-wise tends to be the best quality anyways =D Great minds think alike, and whatnot. (Also, your RAM and storage blows mine out of the water...but I plan on OCing my i5 a little higher, and I have a 2 TB external I use for any hardcore storage =P)
    Oh I have plans good sir.... I have plans. ^_<

Not so sure about water-cooling, but I'd like to at some point here be able to compare to the likes of Synthaxx.... sigh epeens, the moment you gain one, the urge to make it bigger never goes away! XD
    "A flower.