Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Do wonder why they didn't add 10-20 minutes extra, but I'm sure I will find it a solid movie nonetheless.

Onward to something I have seen and can judge; Perfume: The Story of a Murderer - 8/10

It's an interesting and great movie, told with a narrator that gives it some "story-esque" feeling to it. I recommend everybody who can to give it a watch.
    I think it needed more than 10-20 minutes, honestly I would have just made it two parts, Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, and instead of making them like the books just combine both the books and make them both 2 and a half hours instead of just 2. The film really needed it if it wanted to be any good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what on earth is man of thrones?
    "Man of Steel" - my mistake. Corrected.

12 Years a Slave - 10/10. Phenomenal performances across the board and wonderful cinematography. I was really surprised by this film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what on earth is man of thrones?

but i really didn't enjoy dredd
    Absolutely loved Dredd because it was EXACTLY what it advertised itself to be. If anyone came into this movie expecting compelling storytelling, deep character developement or sappy sad emotional scenes, you probably walked into the wrong movie.

As a biased Judge fan, I personally gave it a 9/10. When you want gritty ass, cheesy and popcorn-inhaling action, you pop in Dredd, however in an unbiased, more realistic light, probably more like 7.5/10 overall. It's an action movie through and through but it's not exactly setting any standards.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I think it needed more than 10-20 minutes, honestly I would have just made it two parts, Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, and instead of making them like the books just combine both the books and make them both 2 and a half hours instead of just 2. The film really needed it if it wanted to be any good.
    Now that just sounds like a booker's fantasy.

Captain Phillips. Pretty good, keeps the tension going, though the very beginning had me falling asleep - fortunately it steps up fairly quick. 7.5/10.

Execute.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

15+ Year Old Account
    Thor 2: The Dark World. 9/10 Was awesome entertainment. There was a lot of amazing effects in the film, and very cinematic and emotional moments too, with nice twists and even a few laughs. Stay through the whole credits for 2 bonus scenes.

Apocalypse now, 8/10. a long and quite bissare but deeply fascianting adventure upriver in the vietnam warzone during the vietnam war. chasing a "renegade" colonel. This move was simply incredible, not often have ive been so immersed in a movie as this one. The movie was however very slow at times so i ende du giving it an 8.

Captain Philips
    8/10
    may be biased but i love Tom Hanks and this movie was fantastic. Good actors,good story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red (2010)
    4/10
    Nothing much to say about this movie. Humor is flat, acting is rubbish (except for Malkovich: that dude knows what he's doing in any movie!), plot is terrible... I like the Willis's girlfriend though, I've never seen her in movies before and she's sexy as Aphrodite. Actually, she and Malkovich are the only two good things to say about the movie.

Deleted
    The ones I've seen over the weekend:

We are the Millers - 7/10
    A nice to watch comedy, with some good jokes then and there, though nothing special.

The Host - 3/10
    I did not enjoy the film. Maybe just not my cup of tea. For me, the story was boring. Some philosophical ideas of what being human can mean are made and implemented poorly.

Skyfall - 8/10
    I like the Bond movies, and this one is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Now that just sounds like a booker's fantasy.
    Maybe, but im being honest that that is what it needed in order to be more than just decent. Actually, they want to franchise the film so I don't understand why they didn't do that, because in its current shape it really is nothing more than decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    12 Years a Slave - 10/10. Phenomenal performances across the board and wonderful cinematography. I was really surprised by this film.
    I agree, the film was by far the best of the year, and one of the best i've seen in a while.

R.I.P.D ... I knew the plot was going to be silly and lacking before I watched this movie, and it definitely was. But I had a lot of laughs.

6/10 worth watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Did you see the same Riddick?

I saw full on nipples and everything. In fuckin' IMAX too. Like 8 foot tall Katee Sackhoff aureola with tasty little M&M nips.

Also I hate Europe and your getting Thor 2 a week earlier than me... grumble...
    I watched it online lol, which is funny I watched another online version and they didn't show anything which really pissed me off. I will just wait until it's on Blue Ray and buy it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Apocalypse now, 8/10. a long and quite bissare but deeply fascianting adventure upriver in the vietnam warzone during the vietnam war. chasing a "renegade" colonel. This move was simply incredible, not often have ive been so immersed in a movie as this one. The movie was however very slow at times so i ende du giving it an 8.
    one of the greatest films of all time is an 8/10 interesting.

iron man 3,,, 7/10 the whole fake mandarin thing pissed me off and strayed far from the comic book story

Quote Originally Posted by superscotty3 View Post
    iron man 3,,, 7/10 the whole fake mandarin thing pissed me off and strayed far from the comic book story
    Which is bad why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    Ender's Game:

If you read the book - 5/10
    If you didn't read the book - 8.5/10

A fun movie to watch, based on a great book, but that movie misses and diminishes alot of the characters / points.
    TBH that's exactly what myself and my partner took away from the movie. Just so much was lost from the book. However we both went into it with differing perspectives. I was expecting it to be not so good, he was expecting... well I'm not sure what he was expecting as this was the first time he'd read the source book before watching the film version (well.... OK... technically there was Eragon, but the less said about that particular travesty the better). As a result I came out having quite enjoyed the film, since I was expecting the slash to the overall complexity, while he came out bitterly disappointed.

I would give it a 6/10, my partner would probably give it a 2/10. If you have read the book beforehand, do not go in expecting much. While the visuals are great and the lead actors do well with what they have, the story is just so rushed that I feel even those unfamiliar with the book may also find it's a little incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    That was my partner's suggestion as well, to have made two films out of it instead of one, since (his words) 'it seems like it's working well with The Hobbit'.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I would give it a 6/10, my partner would probably give it a 2/10. If you have read the book beforehand, do not go in expecting much. While the visuals are great and the lead actors do well with what they have, the story is just so rushed that I feel even those unfamiliar with the book may also find it's a little incomplete.

That was my partner's suggestion as well, to have made two films out of it instead of one, since (his words) 'it seems like it's working well with The Hobbit'.
    The Hobbit is three, but that's besides the point. Ender's Game doesn't strike me as two-part material. It doesn't have some point where I can say "if the movie stopped here and the next movie began here, it would work" like I can with The Deathly Hollows, The Hobbit and Breaking Dawn (never read Mockingjay).

Curse of Chucky

7/10

Sadly it didn't live up to the originals, but it was still a solid creepy horror movie that had its moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    State of Emergency on netflix. 8/10

The zombies were extremely scary and there is nice drama and action scenes.