Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Daily Blink is full of so much win.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlin View Post
    The Daily Blink is full of so much win.
    Isn't Athene French? If so that is a valid reason for hating him :P

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Blizz seems to depend upon unpaid beta testers to do their QA... Because, like it all the other bullsh!t they pull, they know the userbase tolerates it.

There is no reason why new content, patches, etc., couldn't be properly tested. Out in the real world, there are very mature methodologies for testing massive real-time systems... And WoW is just another one of those. Of course, in the real world when scheduled maintenance that was supposed to end at 11AM gets pushed back hour-by-hour to 5PM the the people responsible don't get to put up a "thank you for your patience" message... They get fired. Within Blizzard, there's every reason to believe that the bean-counters have decided that it's more profitable to annoy players than pay what it would cost to properly test. And you can't fire QA staff that doesn't exist, can you?

Actually, given the environment they deal with, I think the Blizz staff does as well as could be expected. It's just like so many other large corporations that are ruled by the short-term bottom-line thinking of bean-counters and lawyers... you have a bunch of not-very-well-paid, not-particularly-bright, not-effectively-motivated folks, muddling along in bureaucratically-enforced mediocrity.
    blizzard DOES have a great QA staff! Just not for WoW, SC2 was tested the heck out of see their credits and you see hundreds of names on the credits and the list just goes so huge. I bet Diablo is the same... WoW... uh lets just use beta testers, limited alpha testers(who probably aren't full time testers and work other roles within the company). Just because its an MMO doesn't make it satisfactory for letting players/customers find and diagnose problems for them.

I which every developer had the mindset of Hideo Kojima, superb attention to detail, true pride in work and ultimate goal of making the best ever possible production down to every bit of sound and pixel that shows on the screen, seeking perfection.

Athene = massive douche! he should of still banned from cheating in Wrath less french douche more important updates imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eken44 View Post
    Athene = massive douche! he should of still banned from cheating in Wrath less french douche more important updates imo.
    EVERY other expansions world first was achieved from tagging mobs. So why all the hate now ?

Simple you don't like athene.

nothing wrong with the way he did it. A gm even told him he was ok to do it the way he did it in wotlk.

All the haters are only happy when they have something to complain about. No one jumped up and down about the person that tagged everything to get world first in wotlk or the 40man raid that helped the rogue get world first in TBC.

You only hate because you are ill informed (stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps View Post
    Yeah, and the small guilds are getting screwed over. Boo!

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 04:47 AM ----------

And they should fix herbs fading out as you approach them - damn phasing.
    Nothing needs to be fixed, they are fading out because someone on a different phase picked it before you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    That Daily Blink is slightly embarrassing to read, the writer's anger/jealousy is almost smellable.
    Really? You read jealousy into that? You get embarrased too easily then.

Healing in Cataclysm
    It's definitely challenging to heal in Cataclysm and that's by design. We want players to pick and choose what spells to use and when. Those in your group will also need to be conscious of whether or not they're putting out enough DPS, taking too much damage, and more. You'll probably be pulling out more "tricks" from your bag than you've been doing in awhile. You're also going to miss a time or two, run out of mana at a bad time and find yourself trying to figure out just what went wrong. Even experienced healers are going to have to dig their heels in a bit.

Okay, Did I read that right? Now not only do I have to time my heals and conserve mana ,which I'm fine with. But even if I cast at the right time, my heals can now miss? Well there's a wasted 3 secs and some mana. Guess I know why hit talents are in Healing Trees now, besides to level. Bad mechanic there.

Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    Athene is crap- sorry but anyone who needs to use others to acheive world first 85 is garbage. Im not calling for a ban, Im not saying it was cheating, Im just saying its crap and I dont hold it in high regard at all. Not much of an acheivement. Sorry
    Pretty much 100% agree with that sentiment.

The Daily Blink pretty much sums up what Athene achieved and how he achieved it.

Deleted
    Bahhh, ugly -.-

Deleted
    warrior set looks like robocop

Deleted
    This Wargame is somthing that look awsome, Wow has been in need of somthin' like this in a long time imo..

Woot Arena season 9!