Thread: Lucky stories!

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats! I haven't started the farm on this yet, still farming for a few other's. I think if I throw another one in the works to try for I would get so overly unencouraged I couldn't handle it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    So, I try to do 25 Yogg-0 on at LEAST one character per week, if not more. My monk is collecting val'anyr fragments so I full clear on her, but on my main and other toons I just use a lockout at yogg every week and 2man it with a friend. Last night, right before I was going to log off for bed, a friend asked me to come do Yogg. I said that my only unsaved toon is my very undergeared rogue. He said "Sure that's fine".

Then this happens:

http://www.jimklonowski.com/SS/mims2.jpg

World first un-gemmed, unenchanted rogue wearing Dragon Soul legendaries winning the roll on Mim's Head by a roll of 1?
    Going to merge this with the Lucky Stories thread. Also, If you are going to post a screen shot you have to fix the size.

PS. Grats

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd Alysrazor in Firelands 10 normal like 5 or 6 times pre 5.4, but with the lock nerf in 5.4 I thought I wasn't going to be able to solo it, not that I was really bothered.

Downed her like 1 min faster than my old time, went down to loot, forgetting about the mount for a second.
    Low and behold, it dropped.

The only thing I don't like about it is that because its such a high tech mount and has the moving fire and stuff, if you use spectral grog or something similar, it just puts giant blocks over your mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    http://s15.postimg.org/ins6vugl7/Wo_WScrn_Shot_103013_125059.jpg
    Gratz, reminds me that I should do my runs for the week now.

Deleted
    Oh, last wednesday was a nice day.

Me and my friend were discussing to get ourselves some new mogs. After showing eachother some ugly mogs he came up with a brilliant idea. Him and me often have bets, the winner usually gets gold or becomes the slave for the other one or something like that, as a new prize my friend came up with the idea that the winner gets to choose a transmog for the loser. I thought it was a great idea and already had a transmog in mind ready for him to wear.

I came up with the idea that him and me should do our usual run in TK for the mount (his favorite mount in the game) and we should place a bet already. I told him that if the mount drops I will get to choose a transmog for him, if the mount don't drop he would have to choose a transmog for me. He laughed and said I had no chance of winning, ofcourse he took the bet, confident of his victory.

We went to do TK and oh happy day, the mount dropped. My friend was happy, surprised and unhappy at the same time. He got his final piece for the mog I picked out for him yesterday and he now has to wear it for 2 weeks. Too bad though that he has bought like 10 stacks of noggenfogger elixir.

Quote Originally Posted by Yav View Post
    Oh, last wednesday was a nice day.

Me and my friend were discussing to get ourselves some new mogs. After showing eachother some ugly mogs he came up with a brilliant idea. Him and me often have bets, the winner usually gets gold or becomes the slave for the other one or something like that, as a new prize my friend came up with the idea that the winner gets to choose a transmog for the loser. I thought it was a great idea and already had a transmog in mind ready for him to wear.

I came up with the idea that him and me should do our usual run in TK for the mount (his favorite mount in the game) and we should place a bet already. I told him that if the mount drops I will get to choose a transmog for him, if the mount don't drop he would have to choose a transmog for me. He laughed and said I had no chance of winning, ofcourse he took the bet, confident of his victory.

We went to do TK and oh happy day, the mount dropped. My friend was happy, surprised and unhappy at the same time. He got his final piece for the mog I picked out for him yesterday and he now has to wear it for 2 weeks. Too bad though that he has bought like 10 stacks of noggenfogger elixir.
    Hmm this sounds familiar ... oh wait

Anyway my luckiest story is back in wrath on the release of patch 3.3. I was casually doing the newly launched heroic dungeons. And then the battered hilt dropped I didn't even knew what it was just needed it because everyone else did the same if only I knew I had one of the best weapons at the time on my hands or that i could sell it for 50k gold...

Finally got my Invincible after farming the entire expansion. Started farming with 2 friends, Blood DK (me) and monk / warlock dps. They didn't really care, and where just helping me out. So once I got geared enough I started to solo it on my main dk. Then the monk helped me duo it on my alt dk once I hit 90 on it. Overall I killed LK ~100 times this expansion before finally seeing it. Now to continue working on yogg.

http://imgur.com/a/tttL9

I've gotten lucky on a few things and very unlucky on a few things. I'll just say the lucky things.

8 runs total for Onyxia's mount. Was very surprised and my bf let me have it. (Always wanted it)
    8 runs total for Malygos's mount. (Azure drake, not the blue one.) Just doing runs for transmog.
    16 runs total for Kael'thas's mount. Was on the phone, not really paying attention and I go to loot it.. and i notice there was something extra and I look in my bags and there it was!
    I know a little weird with how many runs it took - 8+8=16. Lol.
    3 runs total for both Warglaives. Would have gave to my bf, but every time we did Illidan he would go on a character that couldn't use them. He's still upset on that.
    1 run for Super Simian Sphere. Didn't know what this was until i got it .. Definitely happy i got that.

Ps: One of my unlucky things is after 4 years, I still cannot get the HH mount.

Deleted
    I've been farming Strat for Baron's Deathcharger for about 2 years now. Still no drop.

A rather lovely story of my luck though, is actually on my birthday. WotLK, my guild were running Utgarde Pinnacle HC to gear up someone for raiding. Lo and behold, the mount drops. After the initial "OMGWTFBBQ THE MOUNT", our healer pipes up with "Hey, it's Haru's birthday." and passes on the mount. Everyone else does the same. Took me few minutes to stop tearing up and thanking them. And there's the story of how I got my Blue Proto-Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    New Rafsystem seems to be active and I could redeem 2mounts. Dont know why I still had 2redeems available, but thats pretty cool!
    How do you access it? I haven't seen a button in-game for that and it's gone from account management (I play in Eu).

Hello there idk if this is the place but I see a lot of people post their ashes when they get it and all that.

This week today on tuesday on my 87th KT kill I receive ashes on my main character (farming on 2 toon since MoP). I really like the mount even though it's old the trail is really pretty. I feel very sad for anyone that spent more time than 87 it felt so long to me. happy hunting guys

Deleted
    I am atm soon reaching 200 Tries on Vortex Pinacle and still no mount, also farming everyweek LK25Hc, Yogg 0 Light and Al'akir and still none have drop'd anything. :s Happy hunting guys.

Ashes of Al'ar literally just dropped for me on my 40th run through TK. I am so pumped up

Whats your lucky Doo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dascuugen View Post
    Whats your lucky Doo?
    Why didn't you just post a story instead?

Got Rivendare's Deathcharger from my first Satchel of Cosmic Mysteries that I ever got from LFR haha. Was a nice surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phosphorant Stone Drake...this has to be 3rd in the countdown of my "Insanity Lost List". I camped this sucker on and off for about 4 months or so during Cata (When I was able to get a new computer and bum rush to 85-seeing how when Cata was released, Blizz decided not to support anyone with a Mac Laptop that had PowerPC processors).

Oh no, I didn't get the mount on the first spawn...I had read reports that Aeonaxx will often spawn atop the crystal palace and flies down to the usual flight path. Worst part of this? I would have gotten it on the first try if I had just clicked to mount him-in my rush, I had passed him without clicking on him and had to turn around and some lucky SOB go to him just as I was in range to click. So...I camped for about several more months and at 3am on a Sunday morning, my NPCscan blares off and Aeonaxx spawns right in front of me! During that time, I had gotten several whispers on how badass that mount was compared to Pureblood.

A week later I obtained the Time Lost Proto Drake...and I wasn't even searching for him during that time!

Azure Drake...this is a weird thing about this story. During Cata, I ran this with several pugs and none of the mounts dropped. Having read that Azure was a low drop rate, I didn't have confidence at that time to try to solo many of the 80 raids once at 85. But later in the early parts of MoP, a guild mate ran this with me and we 2 manned it with my former guildie dieing at the end. As I loot the Maly's chest-Azure drake is one of the loot. Being the nice guy I try to be, I don't roll until he re-enters the raid and we both roll at the same time...

According to him, we both tied on the roll, but I won the drake!

About a week later, I take a different guildie with me to 2 man Maly and both drakes drop for him for the first time. (I had already gotten the blue from Ley Eregos)

A few days ago...I happened to log onto my main toon, Ivris (destruction). Just as I logged on and started looking at general chat blazing by, I see a player announcing that he needed a few more players to help with "Only the Pentient". That last achievement to get the Corrupted Firehawk.

Took us 3 tries, but we succeeded. Now all I have to do is try to solo Aly.

So far, I have 198 mounts.
    Last edited by Mighty Parrot; 2013-11-18 at 04:39 AM.

I'm more and more convinced that luck with mount drops is character-based. Two days ago my gf finally got Ashes of Alar on the same alt she got mount from Kara and Azure Drake from Malygos...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'm more and more convinced that luck with mount drops is character-based. Two days ago my gf finally got Ashes of Alar on the same alt she got mount from Kara and Azure Drake from Malygos...
    I thought so, but then I got 2 event dropp mounts on the same char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Yep I see that a lot; people who haven't spend a month in the game get Ashes, ZG mounts of any other rare, but "oh the horror" if you play the game for 7-8 years and you run it weekly, shame on you you still don't have it !