Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There i was, a crappy Prot Pal running around in ZG to kill Hakar (for the sword) and thought: now that im here, i might aswell kill the mount bosses.
    And there it was! I killed blood guy (really dont remember the name..) and the raptor mount dropped. To bad im horde though.. raptor isn;t that special.. rather had the tiger.

Whilst I may not be lucky with items, mounts seem to be ok for me.

The best luck i've had in-game was Sarth+3 10 and 25 man drakes in one night.

Joined a pug for 25 and won the mount (this was shocking enough as it normally gets ninjad), then a group was forming for 10man, so I thought, heck, why not?!

Joined, boss down, mount in bag. The guys were all like WTF?! NO WAI!?!?!?!?! I had happy face! (^^,)

Deleted
    I recently switched from death knight to warlock as main, but back when i played my dk (most of WOTLK) i grinded for mounts, and i got a lot.

I got the Karazhan mount after around 4 months of doing it every week.

I got the Zul'Gurub raptor after around 6 months of grinding, never got the tiger but got a SECOND raptor, which still sits in my bank like 2 resets after the 1st one. (i screamed)

I got the MGT heroic mount after 34 runs (surprisingly i had to farm alot longer for orb and pet)

I got the Winterspring mount after 17 hours of straight grinding \o/ (not rare but proud of myself lol)

I got the Baron mount after 142 runs (this killed me, so boring to run Stratholme, but the mount is cool, i have respect and sympathy for the people doing 200+ runs for it, myself i was pretty angry aswell since 2 people in my guild BOTH got it on their first run)

Got the OS10 3D drake aswell, pretty cool now that Cataclysm is here since there is alot of black drakes in the storylines, so it's like i tamed one and made Nefarian bow to my will! (dreaming, but still!)
    Last edited by mmocd25e84d026; 2010-12-21 at 02:45 PM.

I have 2 to share (you all will hate me, I'm sure):

One is in ZG, I had the Raptor on my Ally shaman, still wanted the tiger. We were coming up on the wire of never seeing ZG again. I had trouble soloing the tiger boss due to silences, so I asked my bf to help (priest). He's an achievement junky so I asked him if he wanted to try Bloodlord Mandokir for raptor mount; "it won't drop, but sure". We get over there, kill it, and of course.. it drops. Grats all around, go run tiger. No mount.

I hop on my priest as I was still debating on making her my main for Cata and a guildy asks if I want to run ZG. Get to Mandokir and the mount drops AGAIN. That guildy already had the raptor so it was all mine. <3

Next was this past Sunday morning. I'm on my priest, my new main, I need an xmas hat for the 3pc holiday set achievement so I queue for Stonecore. Get a fresh group, start the instance. Down Slabhide, Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake drops. This was only my 2nd run ever of this place, I never thought I'd see that thing. Then I roll a 63 and see "You won: Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake".
    Last edited by Jÿnks; 2010-12-21 at 02:50 PM.

I have two to share:

Someone on my server was selling the Magical Rooster Mount. I talked the guy down in price (to the amount of gold I actually had). So I am now the proud owner of the Magical Rooster Mount!

The first week a guildie and I ran, the raptor mount dropped. She won it. On the next lock out, we went again, the raptor mount dropped again, I won it. It was so awesome!!!

more like rare mounts for me got plenty of stories most of them starting with well I was running this for "x" amount of times and then I got it finally =D

Deleted
    First time healing in KZ - Read through the tacs, didn't look at loot lists, Midnight drops and I had no idea what the hell it was. everyone's needing, so I do the same.... lo and behold I have a new mount, and I've used it ever since (I was so in love with it tht, for a while, I had the whole "Come Midnight, Let's disperse this petty rabble!" Speech macro'ed to it.... Sad, I know)

Blue protodrake, managed to get it the third time I saw it (5 total). Was quite happy with this!

TLPD - Bumped into him (literally) on my way to Ulduar raid. So, so much nerdrage in local from the farmers ^^

Vortex Pinnacle HC a few hours ago, first time in there, the damned North Wind Dragon drops. Everyone on vent squee'd/man-squee'd (Gender dependant), I roll a 94, warlock rolls 100, I cry

Lets not talk about the Baron's mount.... I've kept track... 284 runs...

Still quite happy also with my Crimson Deathcharger. A constant reminder to NEVER be that stupid again (buying my way into 25 man guild - guildruns, plus the primordials.... a good 75k. Still, tabard and mount!)
    Last edited by mmoc4708223547; 2010-12-22 at 01:55 AM.

My mother was yelling at me when I got both the VoA mammoth and the zulian tiger, perhaps she is some sort of good luck charm yes

Was just going back to some TBC places and decided to go once to get the Swift White Hawkstrider. It dropped

I got my Amani Warbear in a pug run, It was the 1st and last time I saw it drop. And no I wasn't carried my deeps were good mk.

This isn't really a "rare" mount story, but the mount used to be rare so it applies. A friend of mine who collects mounts ran the headless horseman daily this past hallow's eve event. She never got it to drop. I, who used to main change a bit so never bother with achieves or collecting, got it twice. The last day she decides to do it on her two 80 alts as well as her main and they both got it on the same day. She was sad.

I remember the first time I ever saw the raven mount drop, way back when druids had to summon it and it was still a tough instance. We asked him if it was cool if we all rolled, and he said yes. So of course the warlock won it and druid flipped out and said he's seen it drop like 5 times and still hasn't won it. Of course he also could've just mentioned he wanted it if it dropped at the begining of the run or before the boss and it would've all been cool.

So when I hit 80 on my druid, I went in there every day when I figured out how to properly solo it, for roughly 2 months before it dropped. I felt really bad for that druid afterwards, it took me such a long time to get one, I couldn't imagine how long it took to have seen it 5 times, unless he was really lucky to see it so often.

I also recently discovered I don't actually have the white hawkstrider like I thought and have been kind of running that often to try for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    well on my hunter i just realised that the mount (tiger) was being removed so i though id try solo it. did it 1st time no luck then did it next week the day before 4.0.1 and it dropped made me the happiest man alive

The new mount dropped from 2nd boss in Stonecore. We all rolled need and I won it!

But the server was lagging and stopped logging (rerolls happened slightly later). So Blizzard didn't find it in the data and told me to stfu and fill in a report about the response of the GM...

I've had a lot of rare mount encounters, but probably my favorite would be this:

I had made a deal with my paladin friend that if I ran him through H Sethekk Halls for the Raven Lord mount (I'm a druid and this was back when Anzu had to be summoned), he'd help me run through H Magisters' Terrace for the White Hawkstrider. I already had the Raven Lord, so I didn't care too much for running him.
    Anyways, after a few weeks of nothing, we went into Sethekk Halls one day and the mount dropped. He was freaking out sooo much and I was just giggling at him xD
    Right afterwards, we did our run of H MgT and the Hawkstrider dropped. We both freaked out and he let me have it cause he had already gotten his rare mount for the day ^.^

He's pretty much awesome for doing that and we were both happy campers for the rest of the week :3

Was lvling my Hunter in Storm Peaks and about 30min after i dinged 80 the Time Lost Proto Drake Spawns right where i stand ^^

Deleted
    11 Rushs with my warlock
    4 with my Dk

And I won 2 mounts in Stratholme

Deleted
    I've always had rare mounts drop but other people get them. I think I'm a lucky charm

10+ Year Old Account
    I created a druid in order to help my friend get the anzu mount in SH, after finally getting the quest, patch 4.0.1 goes live and we go into the instance (not knowing anzu no longer required key to summon). Nevertheless it dropped the mount on the first try, so all i got was a lvl 80 druid alt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    I wanted to try and learn the TCG. My girlfriend ended up purchasing a Raid Set, and it came with some loot cards. As I was looking at them, I came across the X-51 Nether-Rocket. I tried to hide it from my GF, but she caught eye of it. She wanted it for her account, but I misdirected her to check ebay for the price. While she was busy drooling over the cash, I quickly scratched and redeemed the sucker.

I slept on the couch for a week, but I still have my rocket.
    Oh no you didn't...

On topic:

Raven Lord: 6 runs on my Druid, around 10 on my Hunter (main)
    White Hawkstrider: 13 runs on my Druid, 9 on my Paladin and 10 on my Hunter (main)
    Deathcharger: no comments, move along -.-
    Blue Proto (Utgarde): same as above
    ZG: DON'T even get me started...
    Green Proto: gave up
    Polar Bear: same as above, cba going back and do that stuff everyday
    Time-Lost: meh, boring

Got Drake of the North Wind on Normal VP at level 82'ish tho ;D
    Last edited by mmoc707bc56263; 2010-12-24 at 11:41 PM.