Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

I actually quite liked Time of the Angels and Flesh and Stone. My favourite episode is definitely Let's Kill Hitler, though. =P

[QUOTE=Bathory;18353479]Does anyone know where I could watch the new episodes online? Streaming? If such a thing exists?

Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    True, but that brings up another point: it was established in "Blink" that the angels don't actually kill people, they send them back in time. It was pretty much the plot of the episode. And yet, when we see the angels again, they do an awful lot of killing...
    Yes, I'm nitpicking. I liked the concept of the angels a lot, and pretty much everything that made them feel unique was later ruined or ignored.
    Yea, it was a weird tangent to go on. I can't remember if there was ever an explanation given as to why these ones were actually killing people.

"They were known for being murderous psychopaths, killing their victims "nicely" by dropping them into the past and letting them live to death. This allowed them to live off the remaining time energy of the victim's life. However, when this potential energy paled in comparison to an alternative power source to feed on, the Angels were known to kill by other means, such as snapping their victims' necks."

Found this on their Dr Who wiki page. (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Weeping_Angel)

Seems like decent enough reasoning.

Oh interesting. Thanks Elyaan. Though sadly it does make them a lot like every other killer monster out there =/

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Blink is EVERYONES favourite episode , If there was ever a poll, I would be willing to be money on it coming either number 1 or at the VERY least top 3

Also... Just read an interview with Karen Gillan in Big Issue, I'm now like 90% certain she dies.
    im on season 3 of the remake(martha is the companion) and im just about to watch blink, but as of right now my favorite episode is "the impossible planet" and part 2 "the satan pit". oh man i love those episodes. just seeing the doctor who is thousands of years old not wanting to believe that hes seeing and hearing the actual devil and refusing to believe that according to the devil, there was life before the universe and showing his vulnerability was just amazing
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    "Writer Moffat said of the Doctor: “He becomes a slightly different man. He dresses differently."
    No more Bowties?

Also I think it's pretty much a given at this point that either Rory dies, and Amy can't take it, so she tells the Doctor to fuck off and leaves him forever, or Amy dies, Rory flips out, as lets face it he's not the Doctors biggest fan, and tells him that he's a curse etc, and leaves forever.

I don't think they'll kill them both off, as it's far more dramatic and wrenching to have ONE die and the survivor lay all the blame (rightly?) at the Doctors feet, this causes a character change that hopefully doesn't include the loss of Bowties.

Tbh I'm quite glad they're going to take a more serious route with the next section of this season, Matt Smith is great and the cheese factor has always been a part of Doctor Who, but I think they're taking it a LITTLE too far, and need to bring it back to a more Tennant era of seriousness. Of course Matt Smith can never fully pull off the 'Last Surviving Timelord' grimmness that Tennant did so perfectly, but I'm sure he'll give it a damn good shot.
    My favorite fan theory that I would oh-so-hope comes true is that Rory is The Master. We already know there is a scene that has been filmed with a pocket watch in this season, so I am hoping for it pretty hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    The ending scene (which I linked not too long ago i nthis thread) is one of my favorite scenes in Dr. Who
    Superb narrating, and one of the few excellent old episodes that weren't by Moffat!
    hehe I'll be honest it was actually your link from before that reminded me how much I LOVE that episode so thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    im on season 3 of the remake(martha is the companion) and im just about to watch blink, but as of right now my favorite episode is "the impossible planet" and part 2 "the satan pit". oh man i love those episodes. just seeing the doctor who is thousands of years old not wanting to believe that hes seeing and hearing the actual devil and refusing to believe that according to the devil, there was life before the universe and showing his vulnerability was just amazing
    ooooh great episode!... God it's only when I look back on the older episodes I realise how poor the recent outtings have been.... I may have to err *cough* legally acquire *cough* some of those older seasons again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaric View Post
    My favorite fan theory that I would oh-so-hope comes true is that Rory is The Master. We already know there is a scene that has been filmed with a pocket watch in this season, so I am hoping for it pretty hard.
    That is a pretty cool theory , but tbh I'll need a bit more to go on than 'there is a scene with a pocket watch somewhere possibly' I use a pocket watch, doesn't mean I'm the master....... Or does it?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account

Today's episode was pretty good, although the ending was pretty badly rushed, and certain things were not resolved. We are already almost done with part 1 of the series ;_;
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Today's episode was pretty good, although the ending was pretty badly rushed, and certain things were not resolved. We are already almost done with part 1 of the series ;_;
    Aye pretty much, they spent too much time showing 'this is the Ponds normal life, isn't it so funny and normal?' and then suddenly the whole episode resolved in like 5 mins . I really think the could/should have expanded this to two episodes, calling the second one 'the silent invasion' and made the whole section on the ship MUCH longer, sounds like there was alot of awesome lore then, but it all got skipped over :S. I'd say this writer totally pulled it back, after doing dinos on a spaceship this episode was really good, sadly they tried to fit too much into not enough time and we're left with an episode which fell just short of the mark.

next week looks BADASS though an Angels episode written by Stephen Moffat? with scary baby angels? YES PLEASE! just a shame it's the last one till Christmas
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Edit: Nevermind

Man, I was really prepared to like that last episode, through the majority of it. But the last 15 minutes or so just fell flat for me. The ending was rushed, just a magic "Oh let's turn everyones heart back on via waving my magic wand- I mean, sonic screwdriver", talk for like 5 minutes and decide Amy and Rory are just gunna keep on keepin on with the Doctor anyhow despite the development they were trying to have this episode, and Amy's outro line with the title drop "Power of Three" made me facepalm out of corniness.

Still though, it was nice to see some bonding between Amy, Rory, and the Doctor to build up to their final episode together.

Also, I have high hopes for the Brigadiers Daughter. Hope to see her re-appear down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeah, very nice to be reminded that Brigadier is not forgotten. Hopefully they'll find much more use for her character.

Yeah, I'm sad to say that Dinosaurs on a Spaceship has (in my opinion) been the worst of the four so far.
    I did like the premise though. After what was delivered, season could only go up from there.
    I keep seeing people gush over that Dinosaurs episode and I can't help but ask : Really? It was such a childish episode. I know DW is a family show and all but this was more for children than family. Rating : Meh!

This episode was a bit of fun and I did like the nod to the Brigadier's daughter. I thought was that was really cool. I get the feeling that this should have been a 2 parter though because it sauntered along for a while as we explore the Pond's life outside of DW and then there is a frantic 10 minutes at the end where the Doctor is trying to save everyone and, boom, chow mein time. The bad guy is revealed as yet another nightmare story tale for Gallifreyan children which, I suppose, is a cheap and nasty way to make up for us not having a clue who they are and why we should be impressed by them because there wasn't enough time to expand on them or their species, or even their motives.

next week looks BAD though an Angels episode written by Stephen Moffat? with scary baby angels? lord, spare me just a shame it's the last one till Christmas
    I fixed your post, Gallahadd. Oh well, maybe Moffat will surprise me and write something decent this time instead of some presenting us with yet another 45 mins of 'look how clever and witty I am ... and ignore all of those massive plot holes - timey wimey!!' nonsense.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... Angels again, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Ugh... Angels again, seriously?
    Basically this. Though mine was more of a "Ugh, Angels with RIVER again, seriously?"

When I saw the trailer for next weeks, I instantly heard Steven Carell's final "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" in my head, from the video someone linked a few pages back.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not like the last episode, it seemed to rushed at the end. And getting people out of cardiac arrest after(i think) it has been 5 minutes?What?Then the space ship blows up because there is 'a terrible energy wave'?I mean seriously?

Though, I did enjoy the western episode, even though it was predictable. I still liked it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Power of Three was a total snooze-fest. I guess it was intended to be boring, just to show the juxtaposition of "normal life" against "Doctor life" but they rubbed in the boredom a bit much. The black boxes did not even need to be in this episode.

I am super-excited to see what becomes of our dear companions the Ponds (Williams). I do hope a fitting end is in store. And I really hope we get to see some solid emotion out of the Doctor when he sees one or both of his beloved friends fall. Ahhhhh so stoked! Please don't screw it up like every episode this season except Asylum!

Seems like it has become the cool thing to hate Riversong, now.

Fun fact: Out of the 93 episodes of the revived series (including next weeks episode), Riversong has been in 13 of them. Get over yourselves
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Seems like it has become the cool thing to hate Riversong, now.

Fun fact: Out of the 93 episodes of the revived series (including next weeks episode), Riversong has been in 13 of them. Get over yourselves
    I love her in the first episode, after that not really.

The last episode reminded me of the Army of Ghosts episode. it started on the same premises.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose