Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wonderful guide. I'm a die hard horde player and always wondered why anyone would role a gnome. Now I know. Good stuff.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All gnomes must die. Yes I play alliance. Human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad guide, although I disagree with your points on the impact that the Fall of Gnomeregan had the gnomes was the greatest of all races. Blood Elves getting demolished during the third war beats out every other race's pitfalls (95% killed).

Gnomes warriors can chop their enemies' legs so fast.

WoW, just... wow!

Brilliant guide, I salute you. Always been curious about how you RP in a good way and this really showed me how its done, more or less

Cheers!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Before the release of Cata I had a level 80 gnome rogue, mage, warrior, DK, and a gnome bank alt. Right now with Cata I am working on my new gnome priest main. After reading through this guide I can only think of one thing. That it has provided a great reminder to why I love all things gnome. Well done guide, and I am sure it will help anyone trying to learn a little more about gnomes besides the generic stereotypes.

Deleted
    Even though I dont play on an RP server I always had the angle of my gnome alt as a proud, patriotic adventurer thinking she is the best warlock in the universe. Every deed she does, or invension she builds is in the name of Gnomeregan.
    This will help me continue playing her that way

I. Love. You. Honestly. this is an AMAZING GUIDE, and needs to be stickied on the RP section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Incredibly useful guide !
    You might wanna add the BoE drop from Collidus (SM Valley) as a pretty easy (I assume ^^) google to get : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18694

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to Gnomish attire, while awaiting Operation:Gnomeregan to begin, I spent an amount of time hunting through wowhead's database for the items that match the Gnomish Infantry outfit.

The majority of items are Sage's XXXX of the XXXX, which can easily be obtained from the AH.
    The shoulders Blizzard used are a unique model not available to players, but a close match is Seer's Mantle which is a grey item from low level SFK, which is very rarely on the AH, and a bit of an effort to farm.
    The correct color goggles are Spellpower Goggles Xtreme. The blue helmet is not available to players.
    For weapons, depending on class you can use a Core Marksman Rifle, Gnomeregan Bonechopper, or Force Reactive Disk.

A little bit of effort and you can have a permanent Gnomish Military uniform. Just remember to /salute !

(click for larger image)
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-01-05 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought Gnomes couldn't be Rped properly. 3 cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a good read with that

-1 point to my gnome hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    I hate gnomes /spit
    Why all the hate? We gnomes haven't done anything wrong... You're just an incompetent troll!
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Very nice guide there, 10/10 from my perspective. It was interesting to read and covers everything one would want to know before they start roleplaying a gnome :-)

Deleted
    I am now even more proud to be a gnome

Deleted
    excellent guide and a wonderful read.

I do have some questions though. I'm not much of a RPer, I'm not on a RP server etc. However I do like to think my character has a little bit of story and personality behind her.
    Gnomes have always been my favourite race, their looks/casting animations/racials/emotes and general demeanour have been interesting to me, however I started this game as a priest and have no desire to reroll.
    With the launch of cataclysm I had the chance to become a gnome, at last! So now I'm a gnome priest, I must say I'm struggling to find how the priest fits into the lore.

I know you talked about being medics, that does make sense to me but I can't get past the fact that I AM casting spells, holy spells. So far I've been going on the assumption that my gnome found religion intriguing and is practising religion as a means to learn about it, rather than practising it due to an unshakable faith. How possible is that from gnome lore?
    Shadow too is a little tricky, the idea of being able to control/destroy minds with knowledge of how brains work is fine, but where does the shadow aspect come in? Would it be similar to gnome warlocks and their demonic magic?

Wow. I never thought about seriously RPing in WoW, but you just changed my mind. Making an alt in a RP realm asap!

Also: bookmarked, added to favorites and written in a e-post it. Great job!

10+ Year Old Account
    My name is Inky Motortorque. You killed my father. Prepare to slowly and painfully disintegrate into your constituent atoms!”

Made my day

Beautiful and nuanced! A lot of thought gone into this.

*ahem*

I shall purchase a leathery cylinder and place it upon my cranial summit just so that I can relocate it again for you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by h44mm00 View Post
    Not a bad guide, although I disagree with your points on the impact that the Fall of Gnomeregan had the gnomes was the greatest of all races. High Elves getting demolished during the third war beats out every other race's pitfalls (95% killed).
    Fixed.

They weren't Blood Elves until after that.