Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"You can run a heroic in 15 minutes easy." Huh?

I hear this all the time. Good group = 15 minute heroic. Lolwrath it. But I don't see how that's possible, even for the shorter heroics. If you add mob health numbers and current DPS they just simply don't add up, especially if you add in time to loot.

So the question is how long would heroics REALLY take with a good group?

For me, between 25-35 minutes. Heroics like Halls of Origination might take longer due to the extreme size of the place, but around there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The short ones really can be run in 15 minutes with a good group. If you're running with a decent guild, you shouldn't be worrying about loot taking time. Very geared groups that know what they're doing can clear things fast.

In a good pug, I've completed in 40-45 minutes. In a guild group, maybe 25-30. Though this is just my experience, and we are NOT hardcore at all.

Halls of Origination = sucks a$$
    (even on normal)

25-40 minutes, maybe a bit longer on some, skipping all optional bosses, running with a 5/5 guild group.

In WotLK 15min runs are very common, these days not so much...but eventually

10+ Year Old Account
    half an hour is the shortest I've ever been in, and that was with excellent CC and everyone knowing the boss fights. Not lawlwrathrolling it.

No Cataclysm heroic that I can think of can be done in 15mins, period. Add 10mins to that and you get the average time to clear a heroic with a good group.

The shortest one I get is Vortex at about 20-30 minutes. We've pulled off Deadmines in about 35-40 one night when we were rushing to make the daily reset.

Every time I hope for a short one I wind up with Halls.

15 might be pushing it, but if you're in a good group than you won't need loot and you're just there to get your daily heroic done.

Even HoO is quick when you realize how many bosses can just be skipped, I mean you can complete HoO only killing 3 bosses.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    my average HoO run is 43 min, this with Aspect of the Pack rolling after every pack and my 15k average DPS (16-19k on bosses)

all others maybe around 30 min but rarely less

you can do it in 15 min with a full progress guild group and a really good tank (awesome instant AoE TPS and speedpulling)

lol yeah in wrath I would clear a dungeon before the finder cooldown would drop off. so I would go afk to get some more chips.... in cata that not a problem.... all guild group on shorter dungeons 20-25 mins.

Deleted
    I highly doubt anyone is clearing instances in 15 minutes. The least amount of bosses in one instance is 3, and accounting for all the running and trash pulls that needs to be done, I don't see how 15 minutes is possible in any way, shape or form.

Heroics are definitely cleared faster with better gear and experience, and to be honest, when you're able to hit the weekly Valor cap from raids, you shouldn't need to do heroics in the firstplace, but I still won't believe anyone has cleared a full instance in 15 minutes before I see proof of it.

My guild (since I dont run random heroics anymore) usually goes pretty fast. We have 3 DPS pulling 15-20k on bosses, the tank is usually pulling 4-6k and our healer will pull somewhere between 1k and 3k. (depends on if we have our shaman or our disc priest.) I think fastest we've down is Tol'vir in about 21 minutes and Deadmines in like 35 minutes. Oh and a Vortex pinnacle in ~20 minutes maybe a little less. Would've went faster but we killed all 3 of our DPS off at the beginning so they didnt have to worry about jumping to get their achievement.

I've ran with some experienced players in guild and we did it in about 20ish. I've ran with some pugs that bought their gears from 7-11 to pad the ilvl requirement where I had to Banish, suduce, and fear in one pull (no lie), it took almost an hour. I still don't know why I didn't leave group this morning.

I would argue that virtually no one does heroics in 15 minutes, not even well-geared progression raiders who are hurrying.

Im not saying its not possible. Im sure its been done. But its a rarity. Most people take an hour or more. Those who say "30 minutes" are mistaken or lying.

Nothing wrong with 30 minute heroics. This isn't Wrath.

Haven't done in 15 minutes but 20-25 for all but HoO yeah, especially if skipping half the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    Halls of Origination = sucks a$$
    (even on normal)
    You only need to clear 3 bosses to get your Valor points.