Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Watching this thread, as nationality topics are magnets for trolling and flaming. That's your only warnin' folks.

Would be a wonderful answer but sadly this all happened on English US servers. The US has Spanish servers specifically for those that do not want to deal with English. Then again, I think I read that US-English servers get paired with the Spanish ones in RND. Now that would be a huge fail from Blizzard.
    I would play on French servers in Europe but sadly if there ever were a communication problem only few French bother to learn a second language to the extend that its more than "sorry I dont speak English".

Oh and to the person asking why somebody would assume that saying "I dont speak English" in their native language is being just as stupid, people usually understand exactly that sentence if the language is relatively common where they live. In Europe where theres a whole bunch of languages on a small space people tend to understand it in 4-6 foreign languages
    We don't have enough people to be left apart from the other servers. They tried that, but the queue for a tank was like 20 minutes.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    We don't have enough people to be left apart from the other servers. They tried that, but the queue for a tank was like 20 minutes.
    oh, thats bad :-/

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol I had a H SFK with 2 dps and 1 healer guildie of mine. We got a pug dk tank, and he never said a word the entire heroic run. Like every time we'd ask him something, or say something, he never responded. So I pretty much assumed he must not speak english, though I wish he would've just said some phrase like no habla ingles to tell us. He knew his stuff though and the run flew by smoothly, so yeah :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    ....He knew his stuff though and the run flew by smoothly, so yeah :P.
    Don't need to speak to be able to play your role effectively, especially with universal signs like sheep moon. Obviously a cultural aspect can come into play as people above have said that their culture in general have no desire to raid. Obviously to stereotype in any fashion is wrong. I think the OP's main point was that despite the pairing, everything worked out (also despite the fail of DPS). In other words, being quick to kick or judge someone just because they can't communicate doesn't mean they can't be effective in their role. In most cases, I'd rather people don't speak because most of the time they do, it's to cry or curse or say something that doesn't help anyone in any way except to further induce raging and getting upset. Also proves being bi-lingual is cool...let's all go learn more languages and teach the cultures without raiding abilities to raid. WoW strategies and mechanics for all, hooray!

i no speak english. i is bad?
    Have Fun!