Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If your a raider esp in the future then enchanting will be profitable. With alot of people now doing rated bg's now enchanting can make decent money.

Enchanting - making money = be patient. Id say lvl another toon or so and get herb/alchemy to go with enchanting and blow the market up.

As the xpac gets going so do profs that dont make alot of money get going also. Really early..blizz will make adjustments. Hopefully they do it for tailoring also since now I make bag..

Deleted
    Heirloom enchanting scrolls with the rarer classic enchants like crusader, spellpower and +4 stats on chest are all very lucrative enchants.

I picked up a bunch of these on my enchanter alt (who's only lvl 60 at this time) and have been making scrolls that regularly sell on the AH for 3-400g each. Considering the mats are trivial I'd say there were definitely good profits to make in enchanting still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nece View Post
    IEnchanting - making money = be patient. Id say lvl another toon or so and get herb/alchemy to go with enchanting and blow the market up.
    problem is for example on my server the enchants on ah go for like 5-10 gold only selling the mats can make you a little money but what you can do doesnt mean anything :S

15+ Year Old Account
    PLayers are getting a bonus if an enchanter is in group cause they can get the mats on a BOP item. If they didn't have that DE available in group then the winner would have to sell the item to vendor if not useable. At times it is worth selling a BOP instead of DE'ing it.
    I think if the enchanter wins they should get more of the item than a non enchanter.
    Kind of like more embersilk for tailors.
    Zift

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook View Post
    problem is for example on my server the enchants on ah go for like 5-10 gold only selling the mats can make you a little money but what you can do doesnt mean anything :S
    You're looking at the scrolls people mass produced to level up. There are plenty that sell well.

Deleted
    I find it's very unfair all players in a 5 man dungeon can disenchant items if there's an enchanter in the party. I want to be able to gather minerals and herbs in Kalimdor having an herbalist and a miner in my party.

It is even better if you have an ALT of about the same level with either LW/Tailoring or BS. All your toons get cloth, mining is not that difficult to level (maxed on 3 toons b4 they even hit 81) LW does seem to be the most difficult.

However sending crafted items to the Chanter to DE then use for scrolls or even selling the mats is a win/win IMO. Again though as people mentioned it just depends on your server and what you are making money for.

Problem with a lot of these posts is WHY are you wanting to make money? Money more or less grows on trees in WOW. The more you want the more work you have to do.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Brook View Post
    Ill have to agree with you on this one. But only if yur buying mats. This is why I spend some time in heroics/ cata quests I havent done. As of right now..dont underestimate the power of 50g even 10. In trade wave your enchant skill like I do my weiner..it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    I find it's very unfair all players in a 5 man dungeon can disenchant items if there's an enchanter in the party. I want to be able to gather minerals and herbs in Kalimdor having an herbalist and a miner in my party.
    Unfair to whom what do you lose out of it?

All they need to do is place a DEr in the major cities that only DE BOP items. That way people can roll and if they win a BOP item they cant/wont use they can take it to a vendor that DEs it for them.

If you dont really pvp, grab someone, and do some 2s for your conquest points, you have 1343 a week, so buy an epic wand for 700 points and DE it to make a maelstrom crystal, the following week, you will be able to buy 2 wands. that right there is 6k in 2 weeks with maybe an hour worth of work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknot View Post

All they need to do is place a DEr in the major cities that only DE BOP items. That way people can roll and if they win a BOP item they cant/wont use they can take it to a vendor that DEs it for them.
    I lose because enchant materials like Shards are easy to get to everyone. Why a not enchanter can get shards for free and i can't get herbs for free??? Then, I want to sell those materials in AH and i don't get a shit because everyone gets shards doing HC dungeons. Do I lose enough to QQ?? :P

Deleted
    I lose because enchant materials like Shards are easy to get to everyone. Why a not enchanter can get shards for free and i can't get herbs for free??? Then, I want to sell those materials in AH and i don't get a shit because everyone gets shards doing HC dungeons. Do I lose enough to QQ?? :P
    Why are you entitled to peoples herbs?

The shards are from gear that the party obtained, which would've gone to a need or greed roll had the disenchant option not been there. In other words, without the party killing that boss mob which drops a 346 blue, you wouldn't have the chance to de it to sell it on the ah. Whereas typically, a herbalist is more than capable of gathering herbs on their own.

It's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Why are you entitled to peoples herbs?

The shards are from gear that the party obtained, which would've gone to a need or greed roll had the disenchant option not been there. In other words, without the party killing that boss mob which drops a 346 blue, you wouldn't have the chance to de it to sell it on the ah. Whereas typically, a herbalist is more than capable of gathering herbs on their own.

It's fine.
    In that case, let everyone get shards for free, even when there's no enchanter in the party. And when u kill a skinnable boss or someone can gather herbs/minerals from a boss, let the party roll for it by default.

Deleted
    In that case, let everyone get shards for free, even when there's no enchanter in the party. And when u kill a skinnable boss or someone can gather herbs/minerals from a boss, let the party roll for it by default.
    Well your first point kind of destroys your entire argument. Even as an enchanter myself, I wouldn't mind if Blizzard just added the option to de stuff from any drop in an instance.

Enchanters complaining that other people have enchanting mats always seems odd to me, do blacksmiths or alchemists complain when people are able to bring them the mats for the ebonsteel belt buckle or the truegold transmute? No, of course not. They just charge a fee for clicking the button. If they have the mats themselves then there is nothing to stop them making the item and selling it on the AH, just as enchanters are able to do now with scrolls.

As for your second point, I remember when people used to roll on the pristine hide of the beast in UBRS. However, in the current set of HCs there are no worthwhile skinning/herbing items from bosses to do this on. Unless of course you are suggesting people /roll on savage leather, which would just be silly.

As I said before, it's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Well your first point kind of destroys your entire argument. Even as an enchanter myself, I wouldn't mind if Blizzard just added the option to de stuff from any drop in an instance.

Enchanters complaining that other people have enchanting mats always seems odd to me, do blacksmiths or alchemists complain when people are able to bring them the mats for the ebonsteel belt buckle or the truegold transmute? No, of course not. They just charge a fee for clicking the button. If they have the mats themselves then there is nothing to stop them making the item and selling it on the AH, just as enchanters are able to do now with scrolls.

As for your second point, I remember when people used to roll on the pristine hide of the beast in UBRS. However, in the current set of HCs there are no worthwhile skinning/herbing items from bosses to do this on. Unless of course you are suggesting people /roll on savage leather, which would just be silly.

As I said before, it's fine.
    People agreed to roll to decide who was gonna skin a boss/mob. But there's no blizzard "roll-button" for skins/herbs/minerals. I still don't get why a non-enchanter can get a shard from a BOP item when he CAN'T disenchant.

Mb you could consider your arguments seem odd to the rest of enchanters

Clearly you weren't enchanter before the change. Hardly anyone used to roll for greens because they were vendor trash and people just didn't bother mailing them to alts for DE. That meant enchanters could profit from their profession. Now people in my group are given a chance to benefit from my profession simply because they happen to be grouped with me. Why can't I roll on orbs or on rocks, flowers and skins when I'm grouped with people with the appropriate professions?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Clearly you weren't enchanter before the change. Hardly anyone used to roll for greens because they were vendor trash and people just didn't bother mailing them to alts for DE. That meant enchanters could profit from their profession. Now people in my group are given a chance to benefit from my profession simply because they happen to be grouped with me. Why can't I roll on orbs or on rocks, flowers and skins when I'm grouped with people with the appropriate professions?
    Or I have always been an enchanter playing since day one and mailed items to my alts just for that purpose. Also while in a run if someone requested a DE I would DE....

Again would you have issue if Blizzard made an NPC in the major cities just so DE of BOP items could be done?

The issue is you (along with Eldarc and anyone else) assumes there is a fair/unfair thing to this. What do you lose making it unfair if it auto DEs or I get the BoP over you to begin with?

Someone has a job that pay more then my job and we do two different things. Is that unfair? You have a profession that maybe doesnt make/net as much money as another profession..... is it unfair that you chose a profession that doesn't make more money then another?

If you want to make money then make money. If you want to be an enchanter be an enchanter.

I have money making toons and money sink toons. If I want to increase my end profit I play/use th emoney makers more.

As for your question: Why can't I roll on orbs or on rocks, flowers and skins when I'm grouped with people with the appropriate professions?

Quite simple they are a resource to a profession. A weapon, trinket, armor etc is not UNTIL it is DEd, that is the answer. The question should have been why did Blizzard implement this?

Did they ever give a reason?

Again would you have issue if Blizzard made an NPC in the major cities just so DE of BOP items could be done?
    I would think it's an idiotic thing to put into the game, but as long as it would also mill herbs, prospect ore etc etc. it would at least be fair.

The issue is you (along with Eldarc and anyone else) assumes there is a fair/unfair thing to this. What do you lose making it unfair if it auto DEs or I get the BoP over you to begin with?
    It's blatantly unfair that one profession gets singled out like this. I lose because people other than me get the benefits from my profession. EVERYONE gets materials for enchanting by running instances which seriously hurts my profits while there is no such penalty for other professions. If you get a BoP over me and vendor it, it's fine, you didn't get the valuable shards and you will have to buy those from me - if you get to roll on a shard you no longer need to buy it from me. It's unfair no matter how you try to spin it.

Quite simple they are a resource to a profession. A weapon, trinket, armor etc is not UNTIL it is DEd, that is the answer. The question should have been why did Blizzard implement this?
    Shards are a resource to a profession just as much as skins are. If the system was fair I would get to automatically roll on every skin of a skinnable mob that gets killed in an instance while the group has a skinner.

The reason why this was implemented is very simple - and you would know that had you been an enchanter before the change. Before cross server LFG many enchanters used to DE the blue and epic drops and let the group roll for them (not green ones though). With the cross server LFG you cannot trade anything to people from other realms, so they put in this system to allow the practice to continue. The problem is that there is no way to turn it off, it applies to everything including green items and they did not implement similar system for other professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC reagents. 1 stack of dust cost ~200 gold on my server (RU Термоштепсель)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Using /2 to try and sell enchants for tips? Kind of sad people can't be bothered to drop a 10-20g tip. Even in a game, tip for services! Don't be stingy. I tip people upwards of 20g, because they have made things convenient for me, I can afford it, and usually its still *much* cheaper than buying it off the AH. Don't be a rude slob.

And yes, I kind of wish blizzard would give enchanters the option to turn auto DE off. Let me roll on your herbs and ore please And that skin? It would make a fantastic little profit for me, thanks for your, uh. "Hard work" levelling skinning. I'm sure it was expensive