Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm making loads with engineering but I'm damned if I'm telling you how.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorfisnson View Post
    I'm making loads with engineering but I'm damned if I'm telling you how.
    You're de'ing the helms.

Deleted
    I take alchemy on every toon, simply because it's the easiest non gathering prof to level, plus it will save a lot of monies in the long run as the double flasks are awesome, especially when combined with a guild cauldron Can't see myself not taking alchemy on a toon any time in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    You're de'ing the helms.
    Considered this and like some of the fun with engineering, but don't want my choice to be based on a gimmick they nerf in 4.1 (my guess, refer to alchemy stone changes if you dont think they will) or that becomes useless when shards are <1k anyways.

Final decision JC and Enchanting for maximum $. Since its going to be my main and only char I won't mind farming the rep for some good vanilla stuff and I think this makes the most sense. Did the math on ore to gems on my server and its just insane, i would be an idiot not to take jc.

Leatherworking/Skinning... I make loads of cash by selling crafted 359 items and I sell loads of Heavy salvage leather as well!
    If I have Chaos Orbs, I can make 10K gold per day..

Deleted
    I should go with engineering/mining , with the condenser you can get some extras volatiles from nodes and engineering its a pretty nice prof overall, with a nice 359 helm almost free.. transporters (that helps a bit with archeology, if you want to spend time in that for the % epics drop) and its a nice prof for hunters, beacuse you can craft your own enchants and ranged weapons. You will gain money with mining here and volatiles.
    Also I really love herbs/alchemy.. they have 2 nice bonus too, with an epic trinket..
    Actually all them have some good points and some annoying things (engi cannot sell crafted things, JC requieres dailies for a long time to be viable..), so it's up to you!

my 2 c
    Last edited by mmoce823a5e473; 2011-03-10 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining and jewlcrafting for theeeee win
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Mining/Skinning, Mining/Herbalism, or Skinning/Herbalism since everyone needs mats.
    This. Without alts or many professions going, it's better to go with gathering professions. Otherwise you just end up spending tons to level the crafting professions.

If spending a lot to level doesn't bother you, I'd say alchemy (xmute) and JC work well together, or JC and Enchanting do as well, you can disenchant cheap rings and neck pieces and sell the dusts.

Or as mentioned above, mining and JC will work too, gather a bit, then prospect and cut and sell the gems.

I took eng + ench on my druid main, and haven't looked back. They're my two favorite profs in WoW. Each can make a lot of gold if you know how to use it right, and making gold by spending 3 minutes crafting beats doing it by spending 3 hours gathering.

do skinning/lw i just leveled my druid to 85 about 4 months ago, didnt bother leveling leatherworking until about a month ago, and ive made over 100k off crafted epics. that said, im resto, my healing queues are only 1-5 minutes, and we facepull so they only take 20-25 minutes anyways. but still skinning/lw and hope you get orbs

Deleted
    I dont understand the people that say take two gathering professions the drop one of the two to get a crafting profession that compliments your second gathering profession, If your only leveling one character, no alts, Just level your professions while leveling it will HARDLY slow you down, Just take one crafting and one gathering professions (unless you want to go ench/tail) And do it.

best bang for your buck would likely be tailoring/enchanting.
    or herb/alch

Mining/Skinning, Mining/Herbalism, or Skinning/Herbalism $$$

Deleted
    Alchemy/Inscription. Quite easy and cheap to level, very useful and huge profit.

Enchanting+mining/herbs imo

You have a solid money source, and I find enchanting very convenient to have without being too expensive/time consuming to level up.

I'd have to go with jewelcrafting and alchemy. Those have been my most profitable and most "fun" professions. They also would make most self-sufficient, which is the entire reason I have every profession maxed on alts! =)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    +most likely alchemy and enchanting as I am constantly getting new gear, and 2 hr flasks are helpful. in some cases I would probably choose engi/enchant just because of the bonuses from engi.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my main, Saraven on the EU servers Quel'Thalas if you want to look her up. I have got Herby/Alchemy I sell all my excess herbs [not as much when I found out some of the flasks I can make XD] and I make a pretty good profit, for about two-three hours I farm herbs in Uldum and sell them, I have had enough money for the grand master flying twice now. [Give a lot to my mates so they could be on the same flying as me]. You should try two gathering namely Herbalism and Mining as they are needed the most.

Using my method you get around 1-2 k g an hour for all the volatiles [which I transmute depending on what is selling the best] Also a lot of people were looking for alchemy for the sand drake, not sure if that is the case anymore.
    RP characters are as follows, both will blow your mind, I hope:
    (>'.')> Dharren Ironarm (<'.'<)
    _-|-_ Cythan Justwatcher _-|-_

Engineering is the best dps throughput and situational increase profession.
    Mining goes with that if you're only going to BG and LFD heroics.

If you got the gold you could try out Tailoring since it doesnt require any other profession to farm for mats AND tailoring has decent gold making and very nice perks.
    Tailoring can "enchant" your cloaks to either give 580spirit on proc, 580int on proc or 1k attackpower on proc.
    Engineering gives you parachute, rocketboosts/18k absorb, and my fav 480of your main stat (agi,str,int) for 10seconds on 1min cd.

Without knowing id say tailoring + engineering is one of the top dps professions, Sure JC + BS gives you massive stat boosts and might be valuable to reach certain caps and so on but as gear and time evolves that's going to be less and less relevant and 1k attackpower proc aswell as the many perks of engineering will IMO be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently transfered main to another realm... My main is BS/JC But ofc i got no miner on new realm... SUCKS! :P But i lvled a pally to 85... Herb/Mining... awsome cash flow + questing... I am richer then before... I could drop mining/herb and buy 2 other proffessions now and power level it.