Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightwell issue for dev's to fix

If this issue has been presented feel free to delete my post.

Lightwell can be used while casting. However, Lightwell stops channeled casts. It interrupts Divine hymn, Hymn of Hope, Mindflay, Tranquility and Drain life I know for sure. I am assuming it will interrupt any other channeled spell by another class. I think the dev's need to work on this issue.

Why do people mistake this forum for the official wow forum?

HEY! The Blizz Devs likely NEVER read this forum.
    And I promise you that they will never ever EVER respond to anything written on these forums.

Please get a clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean, im casting tranquility then i click on the light well, then yes it should stop my chaneling its like a potion.
    Last edited by Linry; 2011-03-08 at 05:44 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't need to be dicks about it, maybe he plays a mage (arcane missiles) or a warlock (Drain life) or hey, maybe a priest (mind flay).

And blizzard does read these, more than you know.

Having it work while casting and then trashing your channeled spells is a bug I reported a while back. You might want to post your own.

R.I.P. YARG

The more forums I post on the more views it gets and the more likely it gets fixed. Lightwell charges are hardly equal to potion use and should not interrupt channeled casts.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-03-08 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    If you mean, im casting tranquility then i click on the light well, then yes it should stop my chaneling its like a potion.
    No it's not, considering when you cast spells instead of channel them you can click lightwell and use it without interrupting your cast.

TBH, making this change would make the game much more realistic so it's needed. When you channel divine hymn and hymn of hope, you are singing a hymn pretty much (little notes flying around). And I'm pretty sure you can do other things while singing.

If I can sing in the shower or while driving, I should be able to click lightwell while channeling...yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post

And I promise you that they will never ever EVER respond to anything written on these forums.

Please get a clue.
    Unless Blizzard is utterly retarded they DO read the largest unofficial forums. I know the people at Magic: The Gathering do, and that's a way smaller company with less money than Blizzard.

Edit: Forgot to actually address the main issue of this thread: It is annoying that Divine Hymn gets canceled, and it's most likely some programming issue. I do hope they fix it, but it's not a make or break issue.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2011-03-08 at 06:41 PM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Evrx View Post

If I can sing in the shower or while driving, I should be able to click lightwell while channeling...yeah
    First real life analogy applied to wow that makes sense, and made me lol.

Seems like none of you can comprehend the meaning of what he's saying... Jesus christ...

The man is asking if it can be true that "casting" time spells are allowed to finish casting, WHILST clicking the lightwell, where channeling spells gets cancelled....

It seems like a bug to me.... Not sure if it'll get fixed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post

Please get a clue.

They will never reply or at least not officially but i'm sure they at least occasionally browse some of the forums here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    That is obnoxious.. But also, lol divine hymn.
    Not sure why you're lol-ing our highest HPS spell ... (or is it because of its one-time-per-fight use?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    Not sure why you're lol-ing our highest HPS spell ... (or is it because of its one-time-per-fight use?)
    One time per two fights, actually.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Receiving a HoT from Lightwell is like any healer healing someone, except in this case the healer is the Lightwell and the player decides if and when they want a HoT. Imagine if casting a HoT on someone interrupted their spell casting or channeling. This is definitely a bug and has been around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    One time per two fights, actually.
    I was assuming raid encounters . Most raid encounter durations + wipe recovery allow for its use once per boss encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    I was assuming raid encounters . Most raid encounter durations + wipe recovery allow for its use once per boss encounter.
    Only if you use Divine Hymn very early in a raid encounter. Most of the time I use Divine Hymn to recover my raid from heavy AoE Damage, when all healers are having trouble keeping people up, (which mostly happens later in the encounter). Say an encounter is around 7 minutes long. I use Divine Hymn at 5 or 6 minutes and then we wipe. By the time everyone is buffed up and we pull again, Divine Hymn is still on a 3 minute cooldown, so in those 3 minutes I can't rely on it. Not gamebreaking, just slightly annoying.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Receiving a HoT from Lightwell is like any healer healing someone, except in this case the healer is the Lightwell and the player decides if and when they want a HoT. Imagine if casting a HoT on someone interrupted their spell casting or channeling. This is definitely a bug and has been around forever.
    Except that it isn't someone independently of you putting the hot on you. For your scenario to work Lightwell would have to be the one deciding to put the hot on someone instead of the person interacting with the Lightwell to get the hot. It makes sense that you can't channel a spell and activate the Lightwell (after you use it you can do whatever you want while the hot rolls). If people can cast say like MB and click the lightwell at the same time without MB getting interrupted, well that doesn't make much sense and probably should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Except that it isn't someone independently of you putting the hot on you. For your scenario to work Lightwell would have to be the one deciding to put the hot on someone instead of the person interacting with the Lightwell to get the hot. It makes sense that you can't channel a spell and activate the Lightwell (after you use it you can do whatever you want while the hot rolls). If people can cast say like MB and click the lightwell at the same time without MB getting interrupted, well that doesn't make much sense and probably should be fixed.
    Did you read the thread? Your last sentence is EXACTLY the problem. Noone here actually stated what the "correct" solution is. There's two choices: let you click the lightwell without interrupting channels, or don't let you click the lightwell without interrupting casts. As little "sense" as it makes, I believe the first solution is better simply because we do not need any more crap that discourages people from using lightwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Only if you use Divine Hymn very early in a raid encounter. Most of the time I use Divine Hymn to recover my raid from heavy AoE Damage, when all healers are having trouble keeping people up, (which mostly happens later in the encounter). Say an encounter is around 7 minutes long. I use Divine Hymn at 5 or 6 minutes and then we wipe. By the time everyone is buffed up and we pull again, Divine Hymn is still on a 3 minute cooldown, so in those 3 minutes I can't rely on it. Not gamebreaking, just slightly annoying.
    Unless you really need it early in the next attempt / encounter, I can't be really annoyed by it. When I see it still has a few minutes to go when a ready check comes, I will click yes (provided everything else is covered of course ), knowing that during the encounter it will become available again.