Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizz not Banning Bots???

I just read a Post about this and i can very much see where blizzard is coming from on some of this however i disagree with part of a statement that was made about botters using other accounts.

While Yes I agree that Gold Farmers and those Selling gold hack accounts to use others in order to get money, I have recently found out that Bot programs can be bought online and more and more people are buying them to bot for themselves to get rich. This is drastically killing the economy of some servers, these people claim they have their girlfriends/ younger siblings doing the farming for them and have "auto" responses for when you try to message them i found one a few weeks back where i just kept psting them over and over and the messages i got back began to repeat themselves it was utterly disgusting in my mind that it would get to a point people would be so greedy as to buy a bot program for wow like those of Diablo 2 in order to farm and kill the ecomony.

As its stated in the other post by Nevalistis Blizzard is working on things to be done about this and Nevalistis states "It's more effective for us to study what they're doing so we can break the process at a larger level" This to me sound more like blizzard is focus'd more on gold farmers selling gold and hacking accounts to bot than the increasing problem with individual people buying bot programs to just get fairly rich for themselves. (The Link posted by Nevalistis was to an article on power lvling and gold buying).

So i guess what i would like to know is what is in the works to stop this? because in reality i see people with their own botting programs even if its not profiting them as a larger problem for us as players than the websites selling gold. in the last year I have met atleast 12 people on my low pop server of Drak'Tharon alone that use these Boting programs and not selling the gold but just becoming rich for themselves, and i'm sure their are many more. If this is a problem on a low pop server i can only imagion how bad the economy is dropping on a high pop server.

So i guess what i would like to know is what is in the works to stop this?
    yes, since this is the official forums, i'm sure a blue poster will be in here shortly to write a detailed response explaining exactly what they are doing with the bot problem so that everyone who is botting can stay ahead of them and not get caught.

/facepalm

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...s-i-report-why

is this the post you "read" ? because if so, you really didn't do a good job of reading it if you're coming here to repeat the question "what is being done?" it does not matter if people are botting as a gold farmer, or botting for themselves. bots are bots, and they want to break the whole program not ban 1 out of X people using it.

if someone's account is found to be using a bot, they can check whether it's a gold farmer or not simply by checking what IP you logged in on while using it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Chances are...if you found it out, then Blizzard knows about it too. Personally all i can say, I do not yet see how botters affect me at all....I still do trades, the AH on my server works and I am constantly getting richer just by ...playing.
    ^ this. my only issue is BG bots. but they said they are revamping the report afk feature soon™
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

response

I don't expect Blizz to put out exactly what it is they are doin as much as just acknowledge that they see this as a problem all around the forums i've seen various posts about bot problems but the only responses i've seen from blizz are those regarding gold sales and power lvling sites, i am yet to see blizzard address and acknowledge that this is a problem.

I saw one response saying they don't have a problem with these people, however their ARE players who work a full time job 40+ hours a week have kids to take care and still want to enjoy the game. in order for those of us with families to be able to make the gold for us to be able to buy the BoE items on the AH or make a decent amount of gold is to Farm and when Elementium Ore drops to 20g a stack among other sales dropping due to farm bots all over this causes a problem. Competeing with people who have a ton of time to farm isn't a problem the economy will balance out but when you have people setting up a bot right before work to collect ass tons of mats then selling them on the AH for way under their Value becomes a problem.

So No its not that i want to know the detailed fixes blizz intends to make as much i would just like to know that blizzard also see's this as a problem.
    I don't want to see Wow Turn into another D2 with Sites like d2jsp

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    is this the post you "read" ? because if so, you really didn't do a good job of reading it if you're coming here to repeat the question "what is being done?" it does not matter if people are botting as a gold farmer, or botting for themselves. bots are bots, and they want to break the whole program not ban 1 out of X people using it.
    This. I don't understand why people cannot get this through their heads. Look, if Blizz bans a botter, that botter can then a.) buy a new 85 account and start botting again, IMMEDIATELY or b.) buy a fresh account, bot it to 85, then resume doing whatever they were botting to begin with.

It would literally be like trying to push back the tides, or an avalanche, with your bare hands. Good luck with that.

It's far smarter for them to break the bots on a more systemic level, which takes time and patience, but the kids / whiners are too damned emotional and "ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAR ANGRY!" for any such logic.

Yes and no Bitlovin ... That would make sense for the people who are MAKING money botting.

You can Buy a Farm Bot. Cheap Some are even free.

Alot of the People buying these are people who Raid they are buying these to get rich while they go to school or work. They aren't profiting buy selling this gold They are only getting the money for themselves. THAT is the problem I'm seeing.

So Banning People like this would Hurt them Dearly as well as their Guild They would then lose a Geared Raider.
    I understand that this would do nothing for those profiting by selling gold but again the increasing problem I am seeing is People buying these Bots for a price just to gain personal income for their raiding toons or for new toons they are leveling to quickly buy all the gear they need to raid with on off nights. Cuz lets Be honest here with the new 25/10 lockout system people with alot of time to play wow are looking to have more raidable toons to make up the difference.
    Last edited by Sepheroth; 2011-03-28 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepheroth View Post
    its not that i want to know the detailed fixes blizz intends to make as much i would just like to know that blizzard also see's this as a problem.
    Just look at the blue tracker for the last 2 weeks. Blizz has stated, repeatedly, on the threads that complain about botting that they do take it as a very serious issue, are actively working on a fix, and in fact expect that solution to be in place soon. So, rest your worried little head.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 03:43 PM ----------

Yes and no Bitlovin ... That would make sense for the people who are MAKING money botting but check this out.

You can Buy a Farm Bot.
    Alot of the People buying these are people who Raid they are buying these to get rich while they go to school or work. They aren't profiting buy selling this gold They are only getting the money for themselves. THAT is the problem I'm seeing.

So Banning People like this would Hurt them Dearly as well as their Guild They would then lose a Geared Raider.
    I understand that this would do nothing for those profiting by selling gold but again the increasing problem I am seeing is People buying these Bots for a price just to gain personal income for their raiding toons or for new toons they are leveling to quickly buy all the gear they need to raid with on off nights.
    You are assuming that they are botting on their main account. I assure you, this is not the case.
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-03-28 at 09:07 PM. Reason: website from quote removed.

I don't believe you can honestly make a statement like that and know for fact.
    I can point you to an old raider in our Guild who was Gkicked for Bot Farming he did it with his main toon the same one he raided with.
    Their ARE people out their useing their main account to bot with. Not Everyone can afford to have multiple accounts up all the time so I'm sure alot of people think they won't get caught if they "time it right" or if they "do it at peak times" or other BS excuses.

I don't believe you can honestly make a statement like that and know for fact.
    I can point you to an old raider in our Guild who was Gkicked for Bot Farming he did it with his main toon the same one he raided with.
    Their ARE people out their useing their main account to bot with. Not Everyone can afford to have multiple accounts up all the time so I'm sure alot of people think they won't get caught if they "time it right" or if they "do it at peak times" or other BS excuses.
    Ok, that's true, some people might bot on their main account.... those people are called "morons."

You do realize there have been 3 bot banwaves this month alone, right?
    Last edited by Bitlovin; 2011-03-28 at 07:52 PM.

(i can't post links yet)
    You should probably remove the link information you posted. It is against forum rules to post links to botting sites. http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...orbiddentopics

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Ok, that's true, some people might bot on their main account.... those people are called "morons."
    Everyone I know that bots, bot on their main account.
    The morons are those who leave their bots on for weeks or use some shitty beta arch bots. :P

Their ARE alot of "Morons" out their as you call them however somehow these same people are getting through. Our Guild has Gkicked Several People for Bot Farming. They are STILL out their Bot Farming on their Main accounts.

It Costs about 40 bucks to buy a Bot Program. On Average Some more If you want other options such as pvp or power lvling etc.
    40 bucks is 2 months of wow time with some change left over.
    I'd Wager with the Economy the Way it is People are More prone now than Ever to attempt to use one of these programs on their main account in order to save money in the long run of having two accounts up at 30 bucks a month.

There have been 3 Bot Banwaves this month alone .... but these people are STILL their.

There have been 3 Bot Banwaves this month alone .... but these people are STILL their.
    Hate to break it to you, but that tends to prove my point. Not yours.

my appologies Caesium i was using it as an example to how easy it is to find the sites won't happen again

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but that tends to prove my point. Not yours.
    I fail to see how that proves your point because those people who were botting ARE STILL Botting they weren't caught they weren't banned. They didn't seem to be noticed.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Everyone I know that bots, bot on their main account.
    The morons are those who leave their bots on for weeks or use some shitty beta arch bots. :P
    I believe if anything this proves my point. More and more people are botting killing the games economy.

my appologies Caesium i was using it as an example to how easy it is to find the sites won't happen
    No need to apologize to me. I was simply bringing it to your attention so that you could remove it on your own before a mod comes in and does it for you. It could result in a forum ban (even if it is not your direct intent to provide a link to a botting site).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc blizzard dont ban bots, they are still paying for the game :P

can u report a bot? If so how.

The elementium ore bots are the most common that i notice.

Theres a bot on our server that puts up about 100+stacks of elementium just about every other day. Ive tried messaging the name numerous times with no response.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Only problem I see with the OP, is the statement about paying for botting programs, from personal research there are tons of free ones, so i really dont think that those companies are making money selling there program, but they probably sell services such as honor farming. Also as many people have said before that blue post explains what blizzard is trying to do, they think of the bigger picture, they would rather find out how the botters are botting then who is doing it.

It's a horrible idea to wait and let them ruin the economy for months and months and then just all of a sudden hit them in waves.
    If an account is used for botting, ban it immediately. I saw a lead guy on Warhammer 40k that had the right attitude but I can't find the quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    in order for those of us with families to be able to make the gold for us to be able to buy the BoE items on the AH or make a decent amount of gold is to Farm and when Elementium Ore drops to 20g a stack among other sales dropping due to farm bots all over this causes a problem.
    As an fairly major player in my server's JC market, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing ore drop to this price, and in all honesty, I hope BLizzard doesn't ban ore farmers! I simply buy any ore out that is below 40g a stack, prospect and profit! Just by cutting the green quality gems I either break even or profit, then I have all the rare gems to sell in the ah, and whatever they sell for is just PURE PROFIT!

People complain about herb and ore farmers, saying they drive the cost of the herbs and ore too low. If that is the case, buy, craft and profit! Even a moron can make gold with incredibly cheap ore and herbs!

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 04:59 PM ----------

Another trick I've done, is throwing all the suspected ore botters on my friends list. When I see them log on I go and post 5-10 stacks of ore at CRAZY low prices right as they get to the auctioneer. They then undercut me, I cancel my auctions, buy up theirs and profit! Its so simple!