Playing my shad-Priest for the 1st time since BC, is it me or are they janky/broken?

The shadow orb thing seems like a real ham-handed execution of a mechanic. Why put a cooldown on Mind Blast, if you're only casting it when you get a 3 stack of shadow orbs? The shadow orbs seem to stack x 3 with zero predictability. Some times 3 in 3 Mind Flay ticks, some times 3 in 12 Mind Flay casts. And what in Bob's name happened to Vampiric Touch? Is there any point in casting that any more? I'll be damned if I've seen a net gain of mana from casting it followed by a mind blast.

There's only 2 PvE Major Glyphs, and those are weak at best.

I guess shadow is only for PvP now?

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ORE-POSTING%29 READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST....
    especially since you are clearly not up to date
    Last edited by mmoc6d823f96e4; 2011-03-31 at 03:34 PM.

Do you need to reapply DoTs to take advantage of Empowererd shadows, or will the next tick be buffed? Does Mind Flay get a bonus from empowered shadows?

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 11:35 AM ----------

Does a 3 stack mind blast give empowereder empowered shadows than a 1 stack mind blast?

Deleted
    i edited my previous post with a link, which should help you =)

Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    The shadow orb thing seems like a real ham-handed execution of a mechanic. Why put a cooldown on Mind Blast, if you're only casting it when you get a 3 stack of shadow orbs? The shadow orbs seem to stack x 3 with zero predictability. Some times 3 in 3 Mind Flay ticks, some times 3 in 12 Mind Flay casts. And what in Bob's name happened to Vampiric Touch? Is there any point in casting that any more? I'll be damned if I've seen a net gain of mana from casting it followed by a mind blast.

There's only 2 PvE Major Glyphs, and those are weak at best.

I guess shadow is only for PvP now?
    Umm... yea, no.... you should go read up on the current guides for pve. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...by-Newnoise%29

Yep shadow orbs are very RNG, but that is also a good bit of what keeps our "rotation" from being mind numbingly boring. Like the person above me said VT is more for the damages than for the mana returns, we get those from darkarchangel and fiend and dispersion... also sw:d if you have to. It's a bit roughish lvl'ing but it levels out a good bit at 85.

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 03:37 PM ----------

Do you need to reapply DoTs to take advantage of Empowererd shadows, or will the next tick be buffed? Does Mind Flay get a bonus from empowered shadows?

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 11:35 AM ----------

Does a 3 stack mind blast give empowereder empowered shadows than a 1 stack mind blast?
    yes, yes, and no. 3 stacks just makes your mind blast hit harder mastery rating makes you get more of a bonus on es.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-03-31 at 05:46 PM. Reason: because I fail at typing apparently ><

A few things.

1: Yes Vamp Touch and Devouring Plague need to be refreshed to take advantage of empowered shadows. SWP is always refreshing so that one will be fine.

2: You cast Mind Blast every time you have 1 or more Shadow Orbs, you never wait for 3 orbs.

3: Prime glyphs = Mind Flay, SWP and SWD. All 3 are amazing.

4: Once you get geared and decent haste you will find Vamp Touch is your top DPS ability if you check your meter.

It was blizzard's UI that made me think you had to wait for 3 stacks, because you do get a 3 stack it does that flashing chase-lights thing around the mind blast icon.

It's you...shadow priests are one of the top dps classes right now in the game.

Deleted
    It was blizzard's UI that made me think you had to wait for 3 stacks, because you do get a 3 stack it does that flashing chase-lights thing around the mind blast icon.
    yeah, that can be a little irritating ;>
    i´d strongly recommend downloading power auras, it makes empowered shadows and orbs a lot easier to track http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s-classic.aspx
    here you can find the configuration http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30299

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oatmealpoet View Post
    It's you...shadow priests are one of the top dps classes right now in the game.
    constructive criticism please, we´re here to help ;>

15+ Year Old Account
    Basically what Arlee said. Read this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-(by-Newnoise)

Once you read New's guide, I'd suggest coming back here with any questions. Everything's explained there. And no, shadow priests are far from broken. The class itself is the best that it's been in-game to date.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    The class itself is the best that it's been in-game to date.
    From a overall pve pov yea, sure. From a pvp pov? SP got more done with fewer spells cast during late wrath.