Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel View Post
    So if my girlfriend reheats leftovers from the night before and throws hot sauce on it, and i say "hey !? we just ate this lastnite!" im narrow minded??? O i see she added hot sauce to her already crappy meatloaf so its not recycled
    OK, let me give another example. If your favorite rockband plays in the stadium in town, you wouldn't go there if they played there 2 or 3 years before? Because you've already seen it? And they'll probably do a lot of their old songs anyway? That's a better metaphore since it does not involve necessity (to eat) but entertainment... You wouldn't visit a football game from your favorite club more than once? Because yeah it's still the same stadium. Doesn't matter yo visited your favorte rockband there, and now it's your favorite football team. Nah it's the same environment, so 'been there.., done that.., got the T-shirt'?
    If you wanna make a food metaphore, you should have picked restaurant. Would you visit a restaurant twice? Sure why not, if you can have a nice meal like you did last time. Not necessarily the same meal, just trying something new. But you wouldn't since you'd already been there?
    Last edited by velde046; 2011-04-08 at 03:57 PM.

To be completely honest, I LOVE 4.0 content. Our guild is 12/13 heroic and i still cant say that im bored with this current content. I remember when naxx was out in WOTLK, i was facerolling it and completed the whole thing in the first 2 or 3 weeks. I cant wait to see what blizz does with 4.2.
    ♥Ⓐ♥Ⓦ♥Ⓔ♥Ⓢ♥Ⓞ♥Ⓜ♥Ⓔ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Extremely flawed thinking. While it may have provided the opportunity to have something else to do, the vast majority of players were not running both 10 and 25 mans every week, and the out cry of having "too much to do" in a week is why we have shared lock outs in the first place. Doing the exact same bosses more than once a week on the same character is pointless, boring and lead to very high rates of burn out, especially when content got hard with Ulduar thru ICC.
    I'll quote myself: "Of course this is personal so if you like cata, by all means enjoy it to the fullest and have fun in zul'gurub/aman"
    How can it be extremely flawed thinking when this was actually the main reason why I was bored. The one and only reason I played wow is because the raids were better than in all the other Games I played. So raiding was almost the only thing I did while playing. Less encounters/week and no option for pug raids = less online time for me, to a point where I didn't play enough to pay 15 euros per month.

Releasing Firelands sooner than later would not be a problem at all if they'd just add raid progression like they had in TBC. I'm NOT talking about attunement quests. I'm talking about how you were forced to do Karazhan to get appropriate gear for SSC/TK and had to do those to be able to do BT/Hyjal.

All they'd need to do for 4.2 is make sure they DON'T make Firelands level gear available for valor points or make the costs for those items ridiculously high in comparison to valor point items from the current tier.

People that are slow to make progression will be looking forward to Firelands while still working on BoT/BWD/ToFW while the guilds ahead of the curve will be making progress in Firelands. None of the raids would go to waste like they did in WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by VernichterEX View Post
    Does anyone feel like Blizzard is really dragging their feet on this patch, and on WoW in general?

I'll admit that I haven't done much PvE this expansion ... The content seems stale already at 85.
    Pretty bad troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Wowprogress says otherwise. Please don't make up statistics :P

(H)Nefarian: 463
    (H)Al'Akir: 405
    (H)Cho'gall: 256
    Sinestra: 124
    Your numbers are irrelevent, while Silk was off about there not being 100 guilds farming 13/13 he was barely off. There are only 109 guilds farming 13/13. That's not even 1%.

It is too soon for firelands. Professional raiders (13/13 heroic) have been in that situation since BC waiting for content patches while they have things on farm. It just is how the game works. People who are sick of current content when there they have not experienced it all are casual players just looking for their next "fix" in order to keep them interested, these are the players who get 6/12 and feel they can't do anything more so there should be more given to them in order to cure their boredom as well as hide their lack of competence.

4.1 is a great patch. It is going to allow for guilds to form easier and will see far less spam in trade in order to recruit. There are going to be guild "challenges" that overall give the guild and it's players something to do when content is "stale" in the future. There are balance fixes that are desperately needed... though mage changes as far as PVP goes is a bit mind boggling (damn you ghostcrawler). There are two new instances that will allow for easier gearing of alts and obtaining valor points at a higher rate by which you do not even need to step into a raid.

4.1 is a step backwards in which I mean they are allowing the hardcore players their end game content that is hard (only 1% of guilds being 13/13 heroic) as well as giving the casual players an easier time in gearing for both PVE and PVP based on whichever aspect of the game they prefer playing most. Most players that complain about content seem to not have alts while a good portion of the community does, these changes help far more people than they hurt.

I'm excited for the balances for PVP, the ability to level as many alts as i want and gear them up for PVP to get ready for arena without really needing to PVP in blues/greens and get roflstomped by people in full vicious. The easier gearing process being introduced will help those who have not seen a majority of NORMAL MODE content push to the point where they can experience it. It is similar to a % buff system like at the end of WOTLK but more liberally done and giving people something else to do.

The CTA for LFD is something to get people to roll alts for roles that are more needed as well as hopefully lowering que times for people who still do dungeons.

There are a lot of good forward steps in this. We all want another ulduar...so let them do their job and work on the content till it is ready. If you are done with the current content or feel you are... there are things to do OUTSIDE of wow even for the mouth breathing basement dwellers that don't get off their computer elsewhere on the internet.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Speaking as a GM, I only have one question I need to ask about 4.1; will it bring back the players that have simply stopped because they were bored.

From what I have seen so far, the answer would be "probably not". I am hoping to see a bit more announced before it actually drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The point is that most people haven't even cleared 12/12 normal..
    And the next argument goes for you to? What do you want them to do?
    Release new content you haven't seen before? Awesome idea!!!

*goes X years back in time*
    I know I haven't even finished Harry Potter 3, I'm stuck halfway through the book, but I demand that you bring out the new one!
    I respect what you are saying mate but where do you draw the line and say this content has been out long enough lets move on? at the current rate we are gonna be waiting around 7 month's for our first bit of new content.

And also no matter what progress people are on be it 13/13 or 10/12 they have still been raiding the same instances for 7 months (when 4.2 hits) they are still ready for a new tier of content.

Meh I dunno I just think 6-7 months of the same place is enough If people haven't achieved what they want in that amount of time then we cant wait forever

Deleted
    We had a chat on vent last night about when we start to see people have enough of BWD and BoT we will call a guild break, even if we dont have 13/13. Running the same instances over and over is a waste of our time and theirs. If 4.2 doesnt hit PTR literally straight after 4.1 goes live i will strongly consider unsubbing until it does go live.

I have only been raiding 5 weeks and i am already bored of the content. IMO it was ok content, not a patch on some of the early raid patch releases. Obviously Blizz could come out with a killer patch but if its 7 bosses then there is no chance of it being considered a classic patch e.g. 1.9 and 3.1. They have shown in the past that they are capable of producing the goods and i truly hope they do this tine

My guild is currently 8/12 in normal mode. It's looking like we're going to down Cho'Gall this monday, but we still have to learn Nef and ToFW. Needless to say, we're grateful to have more time to get the current tier cleared before the next comes.

In terms of appeal, I still very much enjoy all the bosses in the current tier.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, but I'll adapt to it.

Thank god for alts in addition I guess we can do progression within my guilds alts as well while we wait 4.2 :P

They know that if they release 4.2 when a lot of people haven't cleared T11, many of those people (who had been hanging on) will just go "*** this" and leave. Or, they'll reason that if they can't clear content when it's current, they'll do it at the end of the expansion, or in the next expansion, when it's not so frustrating. And in the meantime, they'll play something that's actually fun.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They know that if they release 4.2 when a lot of people haven't cleared T11, many of those people (who had been hanging on) will just go "*** this" and leave. Or, they'll reason that if they can't clear content when it's current, they'll do it at the end of the expansion, or in the next expansion, when it's not so frustrating. And in the meantime, they'll play something that's actually fun.
    Play Demons souls go go!

I dont think it ultimately will be enough. This is like a much MUCH less exciting ToC between Ulduar and ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Focke View Post
    I dont think it ultimately will be enough. This is like a much MUCH less exciting ToC between Ulduar and ICC.
    The ToC patch had IoC, arena s7, ToCh, ToCr/ToGC, and t9 set. There is more going on than just 2 5m, but not really noticeable compared to a tier set(arena incl), bg, and even a simple raid.

So yeah, 2 5m dungeons that aren't totally new, even if lore is somewhat new. On that, I don't think people are complaining about the redoing old content in particular, it is that the redone old content is in lieu of any new content with it. If they gave 2 completely new 5m with it, I think there would be a lot less QQ ... I for one would support current level heroics of ALL 5m dungeons ... but not in replace of giving new content as well. It would take some of the boring out of LFD if you could get any dungeon in the game as a 5m heroic, and allow people who came into wrath to see content that gets skipped over now.

The overall theme of Cataclysm is "squeeze the development budget until the players scream".

The subtheme: "penny wise, pound foolish."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Depends on how long 4.2 takes to come out.

Can most of you say you have beaten all the content in this patch yet? If not, what is the hurry? This isn't like naxx 2.0 where most of us were farming that place till our eyes bled for 3 months waiting on ulduar. There is still plenty to do in this patch and I don't expect most players to ever come close to finishing raid content in this patch just from the sheer difficulty.