Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The fact that this is in the priest forums shows just how badly it needed a nerf lol

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    Offensive Dispel (aka Purge), Mass Dispell, Mana Hymn, Healing Hymn (as a DPS class!), Replenishment (garbage now, but still needed on some 10 mans I've ran.)

That's quite a bit more than Rogues and DPS Warriors had to offer in previous expansions.
    previous expansions , so now your talking in passed tense to accomidate for current issues?

Ignoring that I will just break down what you posted.

mass dispell isnt used in a SINGLE boss encounter in this tier of content , not one, everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Mana Hymn might be used 1 attempt out of a dozen on a single boss. Let alone each boss each night.

healing hymn ? it is utter crap , everyone is aware of this. If this was buffed to where tranquility is as it should have been when tranquility was changed then this would be understandable to use. Your better off dpsing to speed up the fight than stopping to hymn in 99.9% of cases.

Replenishment , because were the only class who has this ..................

These abilities are all much stronger in 10 man content which I will concede too but the game isnt balanced around 10 man. When we are talking about balance we are talking about the entire game and the vast majority raid 25 man content where all these abilities drastically drop in usefulness as shadow.
    Last edited by jonish; 2011-04-11 at 11:44 PM.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    Offensive Dispel (aka Purge), Mass Dispell, Mana Hymn, Healing Hymn (as a DPS class!), Replenishment (garbage now, but still needed on some 10 mans I've ran.)

That's quite a bit more than Rogues and DPS Warriors had to offer in previous expansions.
    interrupt, sunder armor, health shout, battle shout, misdirect.

I'm not saying that the utility of spriests is non-existant, wait, yes it is. The only things that spriests bring over all priests is 5% spell haste and replenishment. Any utility that a shadow priest brings is more punishing to the raid then what is available in a given raid.

spriests went from high utility low dps, to low utility high dps, to low utility medium dps. I'd rather have more utility then Blizzard giving spriests 5% damage boost.

hymn of mana return isn't needed, unless your healers are wasting mana.
    hymn of healy, doesn't make or break a fight anymore
    Offensive dispel doesn't make a difference, and a mage to do it is much more preferred then a priest dispel.
    mass dispel isn't used this tier of content.

Deleted

DI nerf vs Shadowy aparition

Maybe in 4.1 blizz will fix the bug with shadowy apparition not being shown in any meters except the sp that is doing it...by this spriest will get an additional 3-10% (depending on the encounter) more dmg accounted to them ; by this, sp wont rely on DI to top the dmg metters xD

and its still OP as hell 3% haste and 3% spell damage that only one person gets (other then the lock) IMO make it raid wide buff that locks bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulla View Post
    Maybe in 4.1 blizz will fix the bug with shadowy apparition not being shown in any meters except the sp that is doing it...by this spriest will get an additional 3-10% (depending on the encounter) more dmg accounted to them ; by this, sp wont rely on DI to top the dmg metters xD
    Personally I wouldn't hold my breath on that one....

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Personally I wouldn't hold my breath on that one....
    Agreed. That seems like it'd take an entire re-write of the combat log, which they acknowledge as "wanting to do", but also "down the line".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Agreed. That seems like it'd take an entire re-write of the combat log, which they acknowledge as "wanting to do", but also "down the line".
    It seems like all they have to do is attach your name to the actual name of the SAs, which seems trivial, if not a bit of a sloppy implementation. The name is already available, since it's labeled as your guardian, isn't it? Maybe I'm wrong, or more likely, it's just not as simple as I'm saying.

It's not that simple. Shaman have been struggling with this one for awhile. Blizzard's aware of their combat log limitations and want to do more of a rewrite to it, it's just a matter of "when" (because they also don't want to drop the ball and screw with parsing sites that the community accepts with open arms)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand. Unless you're implying that shadow's damage in more variable than other classes', how does this counteract the numbers? Considering we are explicitly looking at the effect DI has on SP dps, the third point of that link is quite heavily negated.

Anyway @whoever said spriests weren't ahead of the competition, I'd have to reply with that same thread concerning fire mages' top dps numbers. Also have a look at where the rest of the hybrid specs are (boomkin notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    I don't understand. Unless you're implying that shadow's damage in more variable than other classes', how does this counteract the numbers? Considering we are explicitly looking at the effect DI has on SP dps, the third point of that link is quite heavily negated.

Anyway @whoever said spriests weren't ahead of the competition, I'd have to reply with that same thread concerning fire mages' top dps numbers. Also have a look at where the rest of the hybrid specs are (boomkin notwithstanding).

pointing out hybrid makes your entire argument invalid. The hybrid tax was removed so long ago that mentioning hybrid vs pure in a dps argument makes you sound ridiculous. There is no argument for hybrid vs pure dps anymore. Stop pointing that out like hybrid dps is supposed to be lagging behind, this is not how the game works or is intended to be.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    It seems like all they have to do is attach your name to the actual name of the SAs, which seems trivial, if not a bit of a sloppy implementation.
    It's not that simple. Shaman have been struggling with this one for awhile. Blizzard's aware of their combat log limitations and want to do more of a rewrite to it, it's just a matter of "when" (because they also don't want to drop the ball and screw with parsing sites that the community accepts with open arms)
    But it is that simple as far as apparitions go. The bug with apparitions not being attributed to the originating priest and the one with fire elemental and searing totem are different things. Apparitions are always given a hex address that corresponds with the hex address of the priest, so it's possible to figure out who they should be credited to. The bug here is simply with the naming, which is why the logs cant be parsed correctly by WoL and others. The problem with shaman totems is that the hex address is sometimes given as 0x0000000000000000, with no name, which is why you see the totems counted as pet damage attributed correctly at times and as a separate creature at other times.
    I'm not positive, but I'm assuming that it's just the naming deal that's causing Ebon Imp and Demonguard to always be counted as it's own entity also, since they too are never shown as players pets. I think GoAK has this problem, too, but WoL implemented a work around for it.