Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Get more hit and expertise? o_0
    Pretty sure he's just referring to the fact that if you miss the interrupt in terms of just not paying attention or doing it late. If you're lacking hit to interrupt that's just your bad and would probably make you stressed even more :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our raid leader does as much as the interrupting as he can humanly do, that way if someone gets messed up it's all on him and he can't yell at anyone.

He doesn't yell at anyone anyways, he has the patience of a saint. Still, if you want the job done right, you do it yourself, no? Probably how he sees it.

Plus, every time he misses it, he yells "ugh! I'm a doofus!" in vent, and it's so amusing to the rest of us, it's kinda like his catch phrase.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    If i'm not tanking then i'm not happy. I live and breathe tanking.
    What this guy said.

RaidLEADING. I'm one of those that have check videos and tactics online, as ... well, I like to come preparred. However, if I know what to do, I get extremely shy and blushes IRL when it gets to telling people what to do. I'd call that ... To despise being RaidLEADER.

On a more technical part... Being a ranged DPS. I get annoyed when I need to move. I get annoyed when I stand still and just pounds away at range. Dunno, It's hard to explain.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    And having your RL yell at you :P
    As enhance shammy, I can dispel and interrupt very efficiently.
    Combine this with the fact that I'm often leading raids, you can imagine that I'm actually happy I don't have to yell at no one and just do it myself .
    Though wouldn't like to do it as another class, only ret's can do it without sacrificing dps (if glyphed).

I hated off tanking the most on bosses where there is a transition you often wipe (sindy, halion). You spend 5min running around doing almost nothing and when you actually can do something when going to the next phase, people make mistakes and a wipe is called. Most boring raid nights ever. And off tanking in these stupid fights like blood princess, you just can tab out without problem after the pull.

I despise NOT raid leading. If i join a pug on my alt it's so hard to not try to take over if the pug leader doesn't know what hes doing. And 90% of the time I do end up taking over. I've been raid leading for years, its in my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Interrupting is really quite dumb imo.

Having to interrupt an ability every 15 seconds with a 1.5 second cast-time, while failure directly results in a wipe, is just stupid design. Especially if you have to control boss mechanics that way, like Maloriak add spawns.
    But that is the mechanic of the fight. What you just want tank and spank and collect your loot? come on.

OT: I hate interrupting:P but I play a warlock so I don't have to
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Deleted
    Healing coordination with 4 priests...

I loathe going feral cat. Feral spec is my offspec for goofing off. For raids I'm resto.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

kiting. Granted it doesn't happen as much. I just hate runnin in circles for 7 minutes without a mob gettin to the raid and still whipin cause someone didnt do thier job.

+1 for interrupting.

Totally annoying, everytime I have to do it, my DPS goes down the tube. 3 Interrupts=2 Deathcoils less=less Runic Empowerment and less Dark transformation uptime.....

And that on a class already struggeling at doing good dps.....

Deleted
    I once had to lead the raid AND maintank at the same time. I'd never done either.. that was stressfull Z.z

Deleted
    Kiting as a tank...I f*cking hate Maloriak.

For me its inturupting. On a good raid night my lag floats around 450, which can make it hard. But with that said my reaction time has gotten really fast because Im fighting lag aswell. I dont mind the actuall job, its free and off the gcd for me, enhance shaman, its just a pain in the ass when a 1 sec cast turns into a .5 sec cast and I have to inturupt it the instant it pops up to get it off.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    +1 for interrupting.

Totally annoying, everytime I have to do it, my DPS goes down the tube. 3 Interrupts=2 Deathcoils less=less Runic Empowerment and less Dark transformation uptime.....

And that on a class already struggeling at doing good dps.....
    DPS is not the most important thing. Personally, i don't mind doing zero dps if i can do some other role (kiting, clicking, controling mobs, anything) and i think we need alot more of such functions in raids.

interupting.. i dont mind if its something like blast nova since im not doing anything in that phase as a tank anyway, but arcane anihilator(misspelled probably) i really hate it, luckily we have plenty of interupters so its only on nefarian and omnitron defense system that im assigned as interupter also dpsing in general isnt really my style i like to be the one getting smacked in the face while my guildies bring the boss down:>

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really one task I hate, it's all pretty easy. It's only anoying when you have to do multiple things yourself to pickup slack. Also I'm no fan of tankhealing, as it's rather boring.

basically anything that puts some kind of weight on me
    that's why i chose spriest, the rotation isn't 100% easy cake (not saying it's hard either mind you) and i have basically no raid utility. i just do some dps. maybe MC once in a blue moon.
    no interupts
    no stuns
    /dance
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    I'll take a full glass and drink it entirely. Don't drink half of your drink thinking it will make something better.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I raided (way back in BC) the only thing about raiding I didn't like was healing on bloodboil in BT.
    Spamming one button for the entire time without any thought for several whipes turned my brain into mush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

Well, I've got my priest which is a healer, and I just love healing. Then I've got my DK which is a tank and I really enjoy tanking.
    Other than stated above by Vadesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Kiting as a tank...I f*cking hate Maloriak.
    I love to kite Maloriak its not that hard but its fun to do so. Then something about interrupting, on my DK I also have to interrupt on Halfus if we haven't got to do tank switches. And it isn't that much tbh, don't know why people brag about it but it of course lowers their dps.
    And actually the dps job in a raid can't be that mind breaking, no way you can despite being a dps.
    Actually I don't mind it if I have to do anything.