10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    I'm sorry, but I do have to agree with someone's earlier comment of "The Blackhawks are beating up on the younger part of the league? what a surprise!"
    Most of their wins are coming from the scrubs of the conferences, and they're really not showing and amazingness to me yet.
    /endragefromlosingtothemtwoyearsago

As I say this, the Flyers just wrecked the Stars at home (surprised me, at least), to bring us back to #1 in points for the Eastern Conference!

hahaahahahahahahahahaa..really? like seriously? The Blues, Sharks, Wild, are all great teams, all which we played this month, and we won all of those, which we still have Detroit coming up soon. I just love some of the people on here, and how they look for the dumbest fucking excuses as to why a team they despise is picking up a lot of wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Well, it's that time of year again. It's almost Christmas.
    Which means it's almost Boxing Day.
    Which means it's almost time for the World Juniors! Go Canada!

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 08:59 PM ----------

Damn, Howard is pissed.
    \

what happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    \

what happened?
    Canuck's forth goal. Hansen was driving to the net, had a wing behind him checking him. Hansen loses his footing and slides into Howard, pushing both into the net. Edler gets an easy goal shorthanded.

Howard went after Hansen afterwards and needed to be pulled off.

Edit: It wasn't considered goalie interference either because the refs didn't call it during the play, or because the loss of footing was attributed to the Wing behind him. I'm basing this off what the commentators were saying.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2011-12-22 at 05:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Luongo is playing out of his mind >.<

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 05:34 AM ----------

sigh, saw the replay of the 4th goal. not sure how that one stands, but whatever. good game vancouver, Luongo stood on his head for you.

Luongo is playing out of his mind >.<

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 05:34 AM ----------

sigh, saw the replay of the 4th goal. not sure how that one stands, but whatever. good game vancouver, Luongo stood on his head for you.
    Every once in a while he plays up to his contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    And with that win, 'Nucks pull in front of Det and STL for 4th place, and are 1 point behind the Wild for 2nd and division lead. On the other hand, Wild are facing Oilers tomorrow, so they are likely to pull away again. Hard to believe Oilers were first in the conference less than two months ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Every once in a while he plays up to his contract.
    as this little joke poster says, not when it counts.

http://nightmareonhelmstreet.com/201...er-luongo.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    hahaahahahahahahahahaa..really? like seriously? The Blues, Sharks, Wild, are all great teams, all which we played this month, and we won all of those, which we still have Detroit coming up soon. I just love some of the people on here, and how they look for the dumbest fucking excuses as to why a team they despise is picking up a lot of wins.
    It's only natural that some people hate us. We have the best logo in all of sports. Even the winged wheel can't compete.

Dallas - 19-13-1 -- 2nd (.575) --- 1-1-0
    Winnipeg - 15-13-5 -- 3rd (.454) --- 1-0-0
    Boston - 22-9-1 -- 1st (.687) --- 0-0-1
    Phoenix - 18-13-3 -- 3rd (.529) --- 1-1-1
    Colorado - 17-17-1 -- 3rd (.485) --- 1-0-1
    Anaheim - 9-19-5 -- 5th (.272) --- 3-0-0 - 1 SO
    Carolina - 10-19-6 -- 5th (.285) --- 0-1-0
    Columbus - 9-20-4 -- 5th (.272) --- 2-0-0
    Nashville - 17-12-4 -- 4th (.447) --- 1-0-0 - 1 OT
    Florida - 18-10-6 -- 1st (.529) --- 1-0-0 - 1 SO
    Tampa Bay - 14-17-2 -- 4th (.424) --- 0-0-1
    Vancouver - 21-11-2 -- 2nd (.617) --- 1-1-0
    St. Louis - 19-10-4 -- 3rd (.575) --- 1-1-0
    Calgary - 15-15-4 -- 4th (.441) --- 2-1-0
    Edmonton - 14-16-3 -- 5th (.424) --- 1-1-0
    San Jose - 18-10-3 -- 1st (.580) --- 1-1-0
    Los Angeles - 15-14-4 -- 4th (.454) --- 1-0-0 - 1 OT
    NY Islanders - 11-14-6 -- 5th (.354) --- 2-0-0 - 1 SO, 1 OT
    Montreal - 13-15-7 -- 5th (.371) --- 1-0-0
    Minnesota - 20-10-5 -- 1st (.571) --- 1-0-0 - 1 SO
    Pittsburgh - 19-11-4 -- 3rd (.558) -- 0-1-0

LOSSES TO OVER .500 TEAMS: 8
    WINS TO LESS THAN .500 TEAMS: 17

Of the 22 wins, 17 of those came against teams that were less than .500 (.772)
    Of the 9 loses, 8 of those were to team over .500 (.889)

Boston - 22-9-1 -- 1st (.687) --- 1-1-0
    New Jersey - 18-14-1 -- 4th (.545) --- 1-0-1 - 1 SO
    Vancouver - 21-11-2 -- 2nd (.617) --- 1-0-0
    Los Angeles - 15-14-4 -- 4th (.454) --- 0-0-1 - 1 OT
    Ottawa - 16-14-4 -- 3rd (.470) --- 1-0-0
    Washington - 17-14-1 -- 2nd (.531) --- 1-1-0
    St. Louis - 19-10-4 -- 3rd (.575) --- 0-1-0
    Toronto - 16-13-4 -- 2nd (.484) --- 1-0-0
    Montreal - 13-15-7 -- 5th (.371) --- 2-1-0
    Winnipeg - 13-15-5 -- 3rd (.393) --- 0-2-0
    Carolina - 10-19-6 -- 5th (.285) --- 2-1-0
    Buffalo - 16-14-3 -- 4th (.484) --- 2-0-0
    Columbus - 9-20-4 -- 5th (.282) --- 1-0-0
    Tampa Bay - 14-17-2 -- 4th (.424) --- 1-0-1 - 1 OT
    Florida - 18-10-6 -- 1st (.529) --- 1-0-0
    Phoenix - 18-13-3 -- 3rd (.529) --- 2-0-0
    NY Islanders - 11-14-6 -- 5th (.354) --- 1-0-0
    NY Rangers - 19-8-4 -- 2nd (.612) --- 0-1-0
    Anaheim - 9-19-5 -- 5th (.272) --- 1-0-0
    Pittsburgh - 19-11-4 -- 3rd (.558) --- 1-0-0
    Colorado - 17-17-1 -- 3rd (.485) --- 0-0-1 - 1 SO
    Dallas - 19-13-1 -- 2nd (.575) --- 1-0-0

LOSSES TO OVER .500 TEAMS: 5
    WINS TO LESS THAN .500 TEAMS: 9

Of 21 wins, 9 of those came against teams that were less than .500 (.428)
    Of the 8 losses, 5 of those came from teams that were over .500 (.625)

RECORDS:
    CHICAGO: 22-9-4 (35 games)
    PHILADELPHIA: 21-8-4 (33 games)

I did some extended research (hardly, it just makes me sound smart) of the season thus far to do a comparison of the top two teams in each conference. I realize it's only about a third through the season, so this means nothing, but I'm simply showing my point. In order, it shows the teams, the team's record, their place in their respected division, their win percentage (based on current GP), their record against the teams, and what those loses were accounted for.

I am very avid about my hockey, and when I make a point, I make it based off of legitimate claims. My apologies if this is uncalled for, and I am not trying to start a flame war or anything of any sort; simply proving that the hawks can only beat <.500 teams and lose the >.500 teams.
    All in good sportsmanship, rite? :|

Edit: The first portion is for the Blackhawks, the second for the Flyers. Sorry, I forgot to post that part lol
    Last edited by keelea; 2011-12-22 at 08:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    so basicly keelea, you confirmed what i already know. the blackhawks are beating up on teh bottom half of the league, no big suprise really, as taht is what you are supposed to, but when you have almost a 3 GAA per game against the bottom feeders, how far are you going to go in the playoffs? Chicago should be nervous about the playoffs, because while they are an offensive powerhouse, there defense and goaltending is as hole ridden as swiss cheese, or the 2010 Michigan Wolverines Football defense.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 09:11 AM ----------

and for the record, no offense was meant to the blackhawks team, or there fans, i may hate little brother, but i least respect them. they need to plug there holes in the defense or they are gong to look at a first round exit of the playoffs (if they even make it in, the west is a very hotly contested conference right now, and the stronger of the two to boot overall).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    ETCl
    It really doesn't matter how much proof you have, a fan will never believe it, which is why I got blasted for making this same point about the Leafs early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    so basicly keelea, you confirmed what i already know. the blackhawks are beating up on teh bottom half of the league, no big suprise really, as taht is what you are supposed to, but when you have almost a 3 GAA per game against the bottom feeders, how far are you going to go in the playoffs? Chicago should be nervous about the playoffs, because while they are an offensive powerhouse, there defense and goaltending is as hole ridden as swiss cheese, or the 2010 Michigan Wolverines Football defense.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 09:11 AM ----------

and for the record, no offense was meant to the blackhawks team, or there fans, i may hate little brother, but i least respect them. they need to plug there holes in the defense or they are gong to look at a first round exit of the playoffs (if they even make it in, the west is a very hotly contested conference right now, and the stronger of the two to boot overall).
    Im pretty sure they're aware. FYI 79 of the GA were just from October - November, leaving 23 of the GA for December. I believe the D has really stepped it up in this past month. Crawford had a REALLY rough start.. the GAA shows it...heh =[. Crawford has had most of December off, he did pretty exceptional tonight against Montreal, but it is.. Montreal, i think a real measurement to see where were at will be the 30th against Detroit. Overall i think the Hawks are starting to level out..but yea.. they're well aware of the poor D.. playing with a Retarded goon straight outta Michigan Tech (John Scott) is fun...not. Hawks have 5 mill in cap space, they've got some shopping to do. So... i guess we shall see what happens... gl all you naysayers..

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Hooray for Giroux's return!
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate. Fact still remains that we're leading the league in standings and are also the top goal scoring team. It's also probably frustrating to people lately that our defense IS tightening up, and is only going to continue to improve as they get comfortable with each other and Coach Q's system. Not to mention that Ray Emery has been extraordinary in all but 1 of his starts this year and Corey Crawford played a solid game last night as well. I think Crawford it was a confidence builder for him and I think he will step up his game.

The other night against the Penguins, whom I see as one of the better teams in the league was a very close game, the first two periods being completely fucking hosed and not really playing that well, but in the third period the Blackhawks came alive and when they did we fucking DOMINATED them SO hard. It looked like a NHL team vs a peewee team.

Amazing saves by Fleury and plenty of iron are the only thing that saved them from getting shellacked with goals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Haters gonna hate. Fact still remains that we're leading the league in standings and are also the top goal scoring team. It's also probably frustrating to people lately that our defense IS tightening up, and is only going to continue to improve as they get comfortable with each other and Coach Q's system. Not to mention that Ray Emery has been extraordinary in all but 1 of his starts this year and Corey Crawford played a solid game last night as well. I think Crawford it was a confidence builder for him and I think he will step up his game.

The other night against the Penguins, whom I see as one of the better teams in the league was a very close game, the first two periods being completely fucking hosed and not really playing that well, but in the third period the Blackhawks came alive and when they did we fucking DOMINATED them SO hard. It looked like a NHL team vs a peewee team.

Amazing saves by Fleury and plenty of iron are the only thing that saved them from getting shellacked with goals.
    look, all i am saying is, if your goal tenders are giving up a minimum of 2.54 goals/game (thats what emery is at right now) i wouldn't expect to go far in the playoffs. the other fact remains, that over 25% of all chicago points have come one way or another OUTSIDE OF REGULATION, so while you are getting a lot of points, you are also allowing your opponents to get a lot of points in the process. furthermore, December has been relatively light for you guys, Sans Pittsburgh (lose) and Minnesota (who was on a back to back), and ofcourse the upcoming game against Detroit. (with 2 more in 2 weeks after that). Good Luck in the future, but i wouldn't get your hopes up too far.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 04:42 PM ----------

and if you do happen to win it all, with your very mediocre goaltending that you have right now, congrats, more power to you, and i will eat my words, but based on what i have seen in the past, you aren't going to find many teams winning championships giving up over 2 and a half goals a game.

Going to the game tonight against the Sabres.. hopefully we can get a win tonight and tomorrow to go into the xmas break on a high note... I'm bringing extra money, though, in case they're playing like they have been lately, because overly-drunk-VanillaO may need to make an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Going to the game tonight against the Sabres.. hopefully we can get a win tonight and tomorrow to go into the xmas break on a high note... I'm bringing extra money, though, in case they're playing like they have been lately, because overly-drunk-VanillaO may need to make an appearance.
    Hmmm, I might have to record that.

My comment was simply to reinforce someone's earlier statement that the Hawks are beating up the lil' guys. Yes, they're #1. Yes, they have Toews (seriously how does that pronounce how it does, it looks like toes!), and their offense is pretty damn fantastic when they want to be. But until they start competing with teams like Detroit or Boston, I don't think they're playoff contenders.
    That's not to say the Flyers, who dropped to the Bruins 6-0 the other day, are any better. I'm just trying to agree with an earlier statement and reinforce it.

Like Marcelos said, as heavily in favor of the win column you may be now, wait until later down the road when you have to actually compete. (Also, loling at Minnesota being competitive this season. Random much..)

10+ Year Old Account
    look, all i am saying is, if your goal tenders are giving up a minimum of 2.54 goals/game (thats what emery is at right now) i wouldn't expect to go far in the playoffs. the other fact remains, that over 25% of all chicago points have come one way or another OUTSIDE OF REGULATION, so while you are getting a lot of points, you are also allowing your opponents to get a lot of points in the process. furthermore, December has been relatively light for you guys, Sans Pittsburgh (lose) and Minnesota (who was on a back to back), and ofcourse the upcoming game against Detroit. (with 2 more in 2 weeks after that). Good Luck in the future, but i wouldn't get your hopes up too far.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 04:42 PM ----------

and if you do happen to win it all, with your very mediocre goaltending that you have right now, congrats, more power to you, and i will eat my words, but based on what i have seen in the past, you aren't going to find many teams winning championships giving up over 2 and a half goals a game.
    Why do you guys have to keep reminding me that John Scott is on the Hawks? Along with Lepisto and O'Donnell? Like i said 23 GA in just December is a fuck ton better than 79 GA from oct - nov. It might not be great, but its progress. With three retards on your D its not easy to stop chances... I think Crawford is a great goaltender, he just needs to have some concistency so the 5 - 1 win was a tremendous help with his confidence. I think things are starting to turn around for the Hawks. See you on the 30th...

P.S Teams play in back to backs all the time Hawks had one in the start of December, in the 2nd game they beat the blues 5 - 2, and they just had a back to back, in the second game they beat Montreal 5 - 1.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    So long as the refs don't screw the team who is playing the best I will be happy, cause that's what happened last Friday and the Leafs should have easily won that game with or without Phaneuf. I guess we will see whose proverbial cock the refs want to suck tonight, cause they certainly did it for Buffalo last week and the cross check on Kessel in the offensive zone which turned into a Buffalo goal was evidence enough of how much bias there is going around the league against the better teams, handing the shitty teams wins they don't deserve.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 08:42 PM ----------

Wow, Steckel with a goal off a loose puck and a beauty by Kessel from a feed by Lupul to follow it up shortly after, 2-1 Toronto after 2 periods
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-12-24 at 03:09 AM.