Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I havent played rift but cant you be like 10 different specs for each class and can pick 3 at a time or something? And each class can tank or heal "on the fly"? How rediculously unbalanced will pvp be? Blizzard does a pretty good job (thought not many people think so) of balancing 30 specs, how in gods name can you balance like 500? I would try rift but I feel like the pvp will suck, plus I dont have that much time anymore ><

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I got to level 6 and decided that there was no point, playing a rogue was like playing a rogue, spam " SS " then the " Eviscerate " Plus, i was pretty annoyed when i picked blade dancer and nightblade and found that they had the exact same abilities, like really? " We have 9 spec choices for each class! * But they might all be the same *
    Of course you're going to have basically the same abilities at level 6. That is a terrible time table you gave the game.

I will agree with most of the others here though. I got a cleric up to 24ish and a rogue up to 28, one on each faction. It was really fun until I got all my souls and messed around with the different specs. After I got that out of the way the game because a grind just like how WoW became.

Before Aion: "Aion is gonna kill WoW"....not so much
    Before WAR: "Warhammer is gonna be so much better than WoW" ....again...just short
    Before _____: "_____ is gonna be so much better than WoW"

The thing is, WoW has had 6+ years of polish. Your friends say it was boring past the starting zones, well, so was WoW at launch. But at the time, it was nothing worse than anything else on the market. WoW has set a new industry standard for MMO's, where we are at the point where everything is compared to it.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I havent played rift but cant you be like 10 different specs for each class and can pick 3 at a time or something? And each class can tank or heal "on the fly"? How rediculously unbalanced will pvp be? Blizzard does a pretty good job (thought not many people think so) of balancing 30 specs, how in gods name can you balance like 500? I would try rift but I feel like the pvp will suck, plus I dont have that much time anymore ><
    lol you're kinda looking at it wrong, yes there are 8+1 souls (PvP soul isn't PvE-able so im not including it with the others) for each calling. Soul are not specs. This isn't WoW where you have to go x points in to unlock the ability to use the other talent trees. You have 66 points and can swap whatever combination of those 8+1 souls in/out as you want. Some, like Dominator/Stormcaller, work well together. Some like Elementalist/Necromancer do not. You can choose to go as deep into the tree as you want, so if you wanna go 51 (max) points into Pyromancer for Fulminate, or 51 into Elementalist for Burning Embers, go ahead. Or you can go 10 into Chloromancer for Lifegiving Veil. It's your choice.

It's a good way to do things. Much better system than World of Cookiecutter.

Specs-wise you can buy up to 4 (soon 5) specs to swap between. So more than WoW's dual spec.

Not every calling can so everything.
    Warriors can't Heal or Support
    Clerics can't Support
    Mages can't Tank
    Rogues can't Heal (Bard isn't a healing soul anymore, more for support, IMO)

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Rift idd gets boring, i played till lvl 35 (2 chars even), and its the same thing all the time. I'm sure that it will be more boring then WoW is atm. Besides, the bossfights are awfully boring as far as i heard, but that was when the game just launched. Another thing that annoys me; there are only 2 ways to get to maxlvl, playing either Defiant or Order (if i still got those names right). Wow has startingzones for each race. PvP sucks in RIFT, and the classes are all the same. The only difference there is is choosing between Warrior, Cleric, Rogue and Mage. The souls won't change a thing, at the end everyone will be playing the same soulcombination. A game will never be able to balance this.

I am aware of the fact that the game is new, and will have a lot improvements in the future. For example the bossfights: i'm sure RIFT is able to make these more fun. But the soul mechanics will never change, neither will the starting zones.

I do want to give my compliments to the art and storyline of each zone, that's fun but not enough to feed on for longer then a few weeks.

(sorry for my bad English)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Damn RIFT is getting boring after a month? Who would of thought.
    You mean, besides everyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Nothing better to say other than this^

RIFT is like a polished turd of Vanilla WoW. They took the basics of whatever one liked in WoW, and made it into a new game with better graphics. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's just kind of in the beginning stages of being developed.
    XD a polished turd - dont be racist, theres nothing wrong with polish people

ot - i bought rift last week, its not wow , but its pretty beast - graphics are good, the immersion is good - id say if you have the cash you may aswel give it a go

if you bored of rift, then you bored of wow, and vise versa
    they are just similar like that

now if theres a specific flaw in wow why you not playing wow, then rift might be for you... and vise versa
    and that can be said for nearly almost every mmo

if you thought it would be different, you probably need to give mmos a break and go play something else, or at least wait till a completely different mmo comes out

personally i left wow because of really specific reasons
    -no support classes
    -how wow legacy "math" is pretty much screwing up game balance every path, and how rift "math" is a lot more valid than wow's
    -chloromancer woo!!

and i'm having fun with rift

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    lol you're kinda looking at it wrong, yes there are 8+1 souls (PvP soul isn't PvE-able so im not including it with the others) for each calling. Soul are not specs. This isn't WoW where you have to go x points in to unlock the ability to use the other talent trees. You have 66 points and can swap whatever combination of those 8+1 souls in/out as you want. Some, like Dominator/Stormcaller, work well together. Some like Elementalist/Necromancer do not. You can choose to go as deep into the tree as you want, so if you wanna go 51 (max) points into Pyromancer for Fulminate, or 51 into Elementalist for Burning Embers, go ahead. Or you can go 10 into Chloromancer for Lifegiving Veil. It's your choice.

It's a good way to do things. Much better system than World of Cookiecutter.

Specs-wise you can buy up to 4 (soon 5) specs to swap between. So more than WoW's dual spec.

Not every calling can so everything.
    Warriors can't Heal or Support
    Clerics can't Support
    Mages can't Tank
    Rogues can't Heal (Bard isn't a healing soul anymore, more for support, IMO)
    i bought rift last week, and the soul system is a real gem - you can totally change the way your class plays and feels by making a few changes - and every player has a purpose and a niche roll they can fill in game

I love wow, and wont stop playing, but i can see myself dipping into rift, its really good fun

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 friends and my own sister who came back to WoW after playing Rift. My sister said it was too much like WoW and it just plainly didnt keep her interest. Not sure why my friends came back

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Rift idd gets boring, i played till lvl 35 (2 chars even), and its the same thing all the time. I'm sure that it will be more boring then WoW is atm. Besides, the bossfights are awfully boring as far as i heard, but that was when the game just launched. Another thing that annoys me; there are only 2 ways to get to maxlvl, playing either Defiant or Order (if i still got those names right). Wow has startingzones for each race. PvP sucks in RIFT, and the classes are all the same. The only difference there is is choosing between Warrior, Cleric, Rogue and Mage. The souls won't change a thing, at the end everyone will be playing the same soulcombination. A game will never be able to balance this.
    Boss fights are not the same and are very close to the difficulty of pre-nerf Cata heroics. The expert instances take longer to do than WoW's for the most part, seeing as every instance has 5-7 bosses, not WoW's usual static 3-4.

The fact that you say everyone will be the same at endgame proves how little you know about the game. I played Chloro/Warlock. I healed. Another guildie was Cholo/Archon, and another Chloro/Necro. We all healed, I was deeper into Chloro so I had more healing spells, the other was into Archon for support, the 3rd was into Necro as he found out it gave the best dps, while giving a really good amount of healing too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    i bought rift last week, and the soul system is a real gem - you can totally change the way your class plays and feels by making a few changes - and every player has a purpose and a niche roll they can fill in game

I love wow, and wont stop playing, but i can see myself dipping into rift, its really good fun
    Enjoy the moment while it lasts -- Roughly 3-4 specific Soul specs are viable for end-game, and only a few more for level 40+ questing areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have 2 friends and my own sister who came back to WoW after playing Rift. My sister said it was too much like WoW and it just plainly didnt keep her interest. Not sure why my friends came back
    I played Rift for about 2 days then stopped. It wasn't very gripping, so I'll agree with your sister there. It was fun for a while, mostly because everything was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Enjoy the moment while it lasts -- Roughly 3-4 specific Soul specs are viable for end-game, and only a few more for level 40+ questing areas.
    Orly? I'm trying to think which Mage one(s) aren't viable.

Dominator, maybe, as bosses are immune to CC. But it's still trash-viable, and amazing to Solo as.

All others are 100% viable. Unless you're trying to pair Stormcaller with Chloromancer.

Deleted
    Like I said at the beginning: Rift is the poor man's WoW. It was doomed since the beginning as it tried to copy WoW, instead of bringing something new. Fanbois already support WoW and wouldn't give it a chance in the first place and the rest, well, most want something new and better.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's this? another RIFT Thread outside the relatively safe sanctum of the main 200+ pages and 201k+replies Thread? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Discussions

Better swim past all the circling sharks swooping down on it for a look..

Standard "i played until level 6 posts".....check
    Standard "all the soul choices and customising my spec is too complex and sucks".....check
    Standard "my Granny tried RIFT, said it was too much like WoW so went back to WoW".....check

Usual "sincere, honest, unbiased" opinions we have to suffer in the main Thread....

Yep, I tried Rift for a month, and it did get really boring. The Rifts themselves are like a special event that never ends. B.O.R.I.N.G.

If people want to play something quite different from WoW, try LotRO. It's much better than Rift.

Deleted
    I stopped playing wow 2 months ago because blizzard dont know how to balance pvp.
    There is always the fotm/op-classes thats pretty much a rule to play to get really high.

I bought rift and im actually having fun playing mmo again. Not so much pvping
    but just questing and doing rifts/invasions. Very fun idea that takes my mind of how
    totally retarded pvp-balance is in wow.

After reading "final" patch notes for 4.1 i have decided to not refresh subscription until 4.2.
    Until then its rift and portal 2. Atleast those 2 games are fun and refreshing compared to
    doing the exact same dailies that youve been doing for the last 5 years etc etc.

Blizzard needs to shape up or they will lose more customers to other games.
    Not just to other mmo's but to all kinds of games...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Damn RIFT is getting boring after a month? Who would of thought.
    This. Though I got bored after like 20 minutes. Glad I just played in beta instead of buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas;11190911o
    doing the exact same dailies that youve been doing for the last 5 years etc etc.
    You were doing dailies in WoW 5 years ago! Interesting! This casts an interesting light on what you said. I shall use this information to judge the import of what you had to say...

...Yep. Seems you're talking crap.