Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You are correct on both accounts.

The main issue I have is that people give out wrong information while the correct information is readily available. I think this is the third time in 6weeks that the LB damage thing has come up and it's thoroughly annoying since it's easy to read through the ranger thread and find this stuff out.

EDIT: checked my posting history and it's 3times in 3weeks...
    While I would never post "best whatev's" spec, my spec's would probably drive you crazy since I just play what weapons I like rather than worrying about the damage output as long as I'm keeping up. Warhammer may not be the best dps for a guardian, but I like seeing how far things fly when I smash them...

I'd suggest a copy-paste folder with a canned response. "While some folks push the LB thing, it's certainly far from top DPS as shown in a lot of places, including (link to some place that illustrates)".

I don't care what you or someone else uses, I start caring when you say "THIS IS THE BEST BUILD EVAAAA" and link something like a zerker geared scepter/torch mesmer (to exagerate a tiny bit ).

I don't know if it's allowed or considered spamming, Mods requested isle5!

Where are people getting the kites? o_O Suddenly everyone in LA is flying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Where are people getting the kites? o_O Suddenly everyone in LA is flying one.
    It was for people who bought gems during a certain time period. Kites will go on sale in the next update.

The kites are pretty fun I am just sad I didn't get to pick the color I got though it was a bit like Christmas opening the package to find out what color I had

Deleted
    Really enjoying the game again since iv been back, Id forgot just how good the leveling system is.
    It's a great game I just hope I dont get bored again at the level cap, with the planned LFG system and new content being added I have hope.

Deleted
    What's the current "thing to do" PvE wise other than the daily dragon kills?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiera28 View Post
    Whatever you feel like doing that does not involve PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    get 100% map exploration then just do...stuff.

Deleted
    Ah okay, people still doing the Orr events? Don't seem to see many people there.

Also as far as debuffs go is it pointless playing conditionmancer in events such as the dragons? ie is the 25 bleed cap for everyone that's present?

Ah okay, people still doing the Orr events? Don't seem to see many people there.

Also as far as debuffs go is it pointless playing conditionmancer in events such as the dragons? ie is the 25 bleed cap for everyone that's present?
    In group events where there are enough people to have a constant 25 stack up, the fight is pretty much faceroll and it doesn't really matter what spec you are or not (you still do minor power damage enough to get credit).

When there isn't enough people your conditions will shine.

You don't see a lot of people doing orr zerg like it was at the start, but you can form a group of 5 and chain some events.

Deleted
    Anything to do with laurels if all I do is s/tPvP...?

Dyes?

Just buying unidentified dyes and selling them is good. Going for 18 silver each on the trading post.

Deleted
    Don't really care about the gold... especially considering gems are like 3g x 100 lately

But okay, that's good. It's what I've been doing but I was afraid I was missing something more pvp specific considering you can get them from there as well...

I'm just getting back into the game, and I've noticed that more people do the Queensdale events than the Orr ones. I guess the events in Queensdale are on a cycle or a ridiculously short timer, because there always seems to be some champion event up.

10+ Year Old Account
    with the release of some of the games API, people are more dispersed as there are many websites out there, like this http://divinitysreach.com/, that people can use to find events and coordinate activities with friends/guildies.

at people asking about what PvE things they could do, my only suggestion is to try ALL aspects of the game, you have already payed for it so you might as well experience it, you may be pleasantly surprised.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Poor Southsun Cove is even more empty than at start on my world Too bad, zone is pretty.

So, after reading about the changes re: magic find, I thought back to GW1, and wondered something. In GW1, there were prefixes and suffixes (and inscriptions, for weapons), provided from (for armor) insignia and runes. As a brief recap, runes gave attributes (or health or energy), and insignia gave other bonuses, such as health, or energy, or armor, or conditional armor, and a few other profession-specific bonuses. These bonuses could then be added to any set of armor (early game insignia were baked into armor).

Fast forward to GW2. We have various upgrade components. However, when crafting, you bake the inscription or insignia directly into the weapon/armor. Now, of course, crafting only gives some types of stat allocations, and karma gives a different subset of stat allocations, etc.

With the removal of mf from items/gear, they said that they would compensate players for gear with it. The question then becomes, how. One option is MF on gear becomes a specific stat, giving players no option as to what they gain - this seems the highest chance (rebranding Travelers gear to have something in place of MF), but doesn't give the players choice. Another option would be to make it so that gear has 2 upgrade slots - an insignia (or inscription, for weapons) and a "free" slot as they currently have. Crafting can still combine insignia with the other components to get a pre-statted armor (or inscription/weapon), as currently, but players would also be able to change out stats, i.e., for changing specs, in a much simpler - and cheaper - way.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I'm guessing they'll simply change the third stat to the stat that's "missing" in the non mf-set.

For instance I have zerker gear that gives 70power 52 prec and 3% crit dmg (just random numbers) and I have the same item but with mf so that gives 70power 3%crit dmg and 3% mf. The second itemset will simply change to zerker.

Except, if http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trav...iple_attribute is to believed, mf gear (with 1 exception) is the major stat of the item - so Explorer gear would turn into Knight's, not Berzerker, unless they revamped the stats. Which is not to say that's not the option they'd go with - the point is, there's more than 1 stat allocation they could use, and not everyone would necessarily choose the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.