Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What? That just doesn't even make sense I mean like serious,anyone ever try to entertain a cow? It's pretty pointless.
    You sound like you have experience with this.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The video shows an example of how things were simplified in an early Renown Heart in Queensdale. Instead of picking up feed and taking it to a cow, you just interact with the cow to entertain it. Instead of picking up a water bucket and using a bundle skill on the crops, you just interact with the crops and they grow.
    Thats nuts. My kids had so much fun doing that part. Sometimes all you need to do is put some instructions somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Double-clicking a stackable item to deposit/withdraw from the bank will now attempt to merge it with existing stacks first and place any remainder in the first empty slot.
    What I would still like to see is the carpel tunnel nightmare that is clicking on each and every item in a massive stack. Fix that and I will be happy.

Game is damn near unplayable right now. Tried to go farm some mats in Mal's leap and the map is flooded with commander tags hiding all the resources. Eff Anet. Is leeching gold out of the economy so important that ruining the experience for other players doesn't matter? I don't see why it would be so hard to add an option to hid all tags in PVE where they serve no purpose.

/rant over

Yes, I know joining a squad will hide all but one. I don't see why I should have to do that.

Deleted
    Tomorrow it's all going to be back to normal again. If it really bothers I join 1 persons squad and the rest dissappears. Problem solved.

I don't think I like the Hey There's Something Over Here indicator.

It also seems like there are fewer drops, but that might be a consequence of the more intelligent drop system
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I don't think I like the Hey There's Something Over Here indicator.

It also seems like there are fewer drops, but that might be a consequence of the more intelligent drop system
    The problem with the "Hey There" system is the options to disable it, none of which sync with the original "show next step in personal story" (I guess since it's modular now and you won't have them all the time) so you can show nearby stuff or nothing, really. Also I wish it was set per character rather than account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Maybe? I remember having to rescue cows from thieves. And at the race track you had to dress-up as a cow to show the other cows how to do certain things (like how to gore something). I don't recall telling cows jokes, but it's totally possible I blocked it from my memory
    There's a Renown Heart with several different things you can do to complete it, but two of them(killing bugs and something else)are HORRIBLY overcomplicated and slow to do, so the fastest way to do it is to use a bucket to wash smelly cows, and then do emotes at some other cows to get them in line(I think it was /threaten the lazy cow, /bow to the noble cow, /sit next to the lonely cow).

Did they change the level at which you can complete skill challenges with the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Funny video from a ranger post patch...

Are there any trains at or below level 58 nowadays? Queensdale is dead, don't really know any others.

PS The "Hey There" system is insane; it wants to send me to Frostgorge Sound despite being under level
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Are there any trains at or below level 58 nowadays? Queensdale is dead, don't really know any others.

PS The "Hey There" system is insane; it wants to send me to Frostgorge Sound despite being under level
    I've seen talk of something in Gendarran Fields, but never run it. Your other best hope is probably EOTM. Try and get in right after the map reset and ride along as long as you can stand it.

Deleted
    Anet is starting to annoy me a little bit to be honest. I loved this game, grinded out my legendary etc but then you face the "nothing to do part", this was around 6 months ago, and back then I thought i'll take a break and wait for the new content to be added. About a month ago we got the small zones which were completed in hours and offered absolutely no interest to anyone that didn't care about story or achievements.

Now September pack is out. Where is the dungeons? More activities to do with a guild, things like raids and organized PvE content? Instead we get a reskin'ed auction house and a few balance changes. I logged in a few weeks ago, and it's pretty clear that by the population, the lack of actual content is having an effect on the player base.

I really have to wonder who their target audience is if they felt that the low level content wasn't simple enough already. Surely it is much more efficient to teach new players how to deal with status effects and the like instead of holding their hand and allowing them to essentially just stand there and auto-attack their way to victory? If they can't adapt and pay attention to the hints that pop up on their screen or do a brief bit of research online then I can't help but feel as though they're not cut out for MMO's and are only dragging down the quality of the experience for everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I really have to wonder who their target audience is if they felt that the low level content wasn't simple enough already. Surely it is much more efficient to teach new players how to deal with status effects and the like instead of holding their hand and allowing them to essentially just stand there and auto-attack their way to victory? If they can't adapt and pay attention to the hints that pop up on their screen or do a brief bit of research online then I can't help but feel as though they're not cut out for MMO's and are only dragging down the quality of the experience for everybody else.
    People were losing interest early on. They improved the reward visibility and gave better markers for those who were used to the hand holding of other mmos. Their market is people who want to pop in and out of an mmo every once in awhile for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The video shows an example of how things were simplified in an early Renown Heart in Queensdale. Instead of picking up feed and taking it to a cow, you just interact with the cow to entertain it. Instead of picking up a water bucket and using a bundle skill on the crops, you just interact with the crops and they grow.
    I dont even know what to say. It was too hard for new players to figure out that they use the water bucket on the plants and the feed on the cow? ... wow... mind blown. So the new target audience is 2+ year old ....? Or what am I missing here.. /shrug

Sad really, I remember doing that quest the first time thinking how nice it was..

The new leveling sounds amazing
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-09-10 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    I dont even know what to say. It was too hard for new players to figure out that they use the water bucket on the plants and the feed on the cow? ... wow... mind blown. So the new target audience is 2+ year old ....? Or what am I missing here.. /shrug

It's because of the bundles, they removed them from the beginning areas. I know we've all seen those new players that pick up a bundle then don't know how to put it down, but I think part of it is just how many bundles were in the old areas - buckets, boulders and bombs, planks and branches, etc. Was most likely confusing many new players and interfering when they kept picking them up and didn't know how or why their skills kept changing.

Anyway, here's all the New Player changes:

Content Direction System
    • Added a system in the top-right corner of the UI that points out nearby level-appropriate content.

Low-Level Experience Curve
    • Reduced the amount of time it takes to reach level 15.

Reduce Low-Level Complexity:
    • In an effort to reduce early game complexity, enemies that cause conditions, enemies with attacks that require players to dodge, and bundle items were removed from low-level areas.

Dodging Tutorial:
    • Added a simple dodging tutorial to the racial starting areas.

Improved Level Flow:
    • Improved the level flow in some of the starting maps.

Low-Level Difficulty:
    • Reduced the difficulty of some low-level veterans and champions.

Story Chapters:
    • Personal story steps have been more clearly broken up into chapters that unlock every 10 levels so that each chapter can be played through immediately once it’s unlocked. Players that were already partway through a chapter may find themselves underleveled for any of the story chapters or overleveled for some of the chapter 7 and 8 steps that have moved.

Chapter Focus:
    • Chapter 7 is now focused on helping Trahearne cleanse Orr.
    • Chapter 8 is now focused on defeating Zhaitan.

Seems reasonable for those first couple levels or so to help new players out, it's a non issue for veteran players.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I like the chapters thing. One of the things that kept me leveling was seeing a story that I wasn't high enough level for and I was interested in it, so only having to push out a couple of levels wasn't that bad, I'd do it. It tricked me into leveling in a sort of way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It's because of the bundles, they removed them from the beginning areas. I know we've all seen those new players that pick up a bundle then don't know how to put it down, but I think part of it is just how many bundles were in the old areas - buckets, boulders and bombs, planks and branches, etc. Was most likely confusing many new players and interfering when they kept picking them up and didn't know how or why their skills kept changing.
    I have been a new player and it really was a non-issue for me. I can’t understand how picking up a bucket and putting it down can be so overwhelmingly confusing that new players quit the game xD "Oh noees I has a bucket whaddo I dooooo!? Better uninstall the game before it goes any crazyer than this"

If anything the new tracker seem to be confusing or very very bugged

Don’t affect veteran players? Guessing you never make alts then? They removed all the nodes from starting areas, can't see vistas on map, can’t use the skill points (even tho they are still there there), your dyes are apparently locked (?) weapon skills locked, downed skills locked.

That youtube vido sums it up pretty well for me. The only good part is the faster leveling till 15, guess thats a compensation for removing all nodes and skillpoints. Atleats I have some lvl 20 scrolls, so I can skip most of that >.> Sorry for the rant but that’s really borderline insulting to new players imo xD

The other changes like TP / Crafting / Minis are good ones so a yay for those

10+ Year Old Account
    None of it is difficult but all of it together can be overwhelming for a new player.

Few months back I was running through a low level zone and this player asked for help with a "mish". Turns out he came from CoH, that's what they called missions, that's what he called GW2 personal story. So I help him and he asks if I will help on his level 40 mesmer. Turns out at level 40 the guy still didn't know how to use a waypoint! Seriously, just could not get his mind around the concept. He wasn't an idiot, just the system was so unfamiliar to him. Anyway he didn't know how to play the mes at all so I got the bright idea of taking him to Heart of the Mists to show him how it plays at 80. OMG what a mistake (this was before the new PvP UI). I spent like an hour talking him through all the vendors and how to make a build then took him over to the target golems. It was paaaainful.

I've yet to see the guy log back into the game, I feel kinda bad about it, I think I overwhelmed him in trying to help him.

In other news I went to Queensdale this morning and there's some super serious pro player bitchfesting about how the game shows him his heal skill at lvl 58 in starting zones. My question to him was why on earth are you losing that much health in Queensdale lol.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-09-10 at 02:21 PM.
    Valar morghulis