Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    ^ this. GW2 offers two essential things, that WoW doesn't have:

1. Dyes
    2. Unique Armor Models

This makes it super effective when it comes down to creativity. In WoW, most armor isn't an own model except helmets and shoulders. There are fixed types of gloves, boots, with different skins. Belts have now a second "shape" and an anchorpoint for a 3d beltbuckle, but the basic shape remains the same. Chests and leg armor are skins, which are painted on the naked character modell. This makes it easy for their designers to pump out new armor art for all races in the game. Remember: There are 13 races which means 26 unique models plus many not playable races who can wear it without problems. It would be simply way too much work to create 11 * 26 Tier set models to have 3d armor.

I wouldn't say you can't be creative in WoW, but the options are very limited compared to GW2, which is not a surprise for a 10 years old game.
    Isn't that a bit odd? I mean, in real life most guys are 'chuck any old shit on' yet if you play GW2 it's all purportedly about dolly dress up. From what you wrote it sounds like a game for cross-dressing OCD types. Very special snowflake-like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/RkBDjnp.jpg
    Spot on , 10/10.

Some info on the patch that was supposed to come on Tuesday in NA and EU that apparently will be going live in China later on today (their patch day is on Friday)...

Camera changes

Stability changes

WvW removed from map completion

Will now need 3 people to kick a person from a 5-man party

Class balance changes; appears to be mainly changing pathing on shadowstep-to-target skills

3x new faces per race

New BL skins, "Shadow weapons" (Possibly the same ones from Guild Wars?)

Nebo Terrace events being made slightly easier

New MF recipe for Mini Kasmeer Meade (speculation that this may be a way for the Chinese players to get Southsun Kasmeer, since that was never available for the Chinese players. Over course, now the Kasmeer Meade mini has quintupled in price since that news).

Some sort of repeated fall damage bug has been fixed... Walking down slopes and dying to fall damage?

"Fixed" players' ability to shadowstep to unreachable places. This might be the change that was reported by people who played the HoT PvP demo, restricting shadowstep potential significantly.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-03-12 at 09:56 AM.

Some sort of repeated fall damage bug has been fixed... Walking down slopes and dying to fall damage?
    Ha! About time.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Ha! About time.
    no doubt. I was figuring it was a feature of the game, not a bug

Anyone got ideas on what I could do with the boots/shoes on this set? Can't really think of anything else.

Returning player... quick question.

What's the best thing to do with looted items/items I no longer require? I send all my resources to my bank. I sell junk to the NPC with the "sell junk" button.

Where is the best profit with my old blues/greens? Salvage and sell mats on the TP? Sell the item on the TP? Or sell to a vendor? I'm thinking it's the first option but I'm rapidly running out of salvage kits.

Any advice? I'm just eager to make sure I earn as much money as I can whilst levelling up. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Returning player... quick question.

What's the best thing to do with looted items/items I no longer require? I send all my resources to my bank. I sell junk to the NPC with the "sell junk" button.

Where is the best profit with my old blues/greens? Salvage and sell mats on the TP? Sell the item on the TP? Or sell to a vendor? I'm thinking it's the first option but I'm rapidly running out of salvage kits.

Any advice? I'm just eager to make sure I earn as much money as I can whilst levelling up. Thanks!
    Salvage and sell mats, up until T5, when you no longer want to salvage medium armor. T5 leather is worthless, as is T6 leather. Keep in mind, you can make a Mystic Salvage Kit if you have the Mystic Stones to do so. I wouldn't use a BLSK on anything less than an Exotic that has a Sup Rune/Sigil that's worth several gold.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me the go to server nowadays for EU?

I've come back after a year break and I didn't see 1 person when I made a new character to level 10 on Desolation last night..

That's weird. I made a new charracter and sometimes i would be alone and sometimes there would be up to 10 people around me, depending on the event. This in a lv 1-15 zone. I'm on Far Shiverpeaks (EU), but i dont think that it matters because of the megaservers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    That's weird. I made a new charracter and sometimes i would be alone and sometimes there would be up to 10 people around me, depending on the event. This in a lv 1-15 zone. I'm on Far Shiverpeaks (EU), but i dont think that it matters because of the megaservers?
    There are multiple instances of the given map.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Anyone with SweetFX able to get the patch downloading? After an hour and a half I'm STILL stuck on 'Initializing' and I'm starting to think that maybe the issue is not my slow internet, but possibly SweetFX.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Anyone with SweetFX able to get the patch downloading? After an hour and a half I'm STILL stuck on 'Initializing' and I'm starting to think that maybe the issue is not my slow internet, but possibly SweetFX.
    I'll try to remember to patch when I get home and post here.

Edit: not sure how sweetfx would affect an update though b/c it's just a .dll which triggers once the actual program runs after the launcher and only gets wonky when something is running a graphical dll which launchers typically don't do.

I could be wrong, but of the numerous issues I've had using sweetfx with other games that require many workarounds it was never the launcher or updates but actually running the .exe for the game.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'll try to remember to patch when I get home and post here.
    I actually found a post on Reddit that 'fixed' my issue. Even though the launcher is seemingly stuck on 'Initializing...', I could actually log in by clicking around the area where the log in -button would normally be. Go figure. o_o

EDIT: And wtf, we're not able to buy traits anymore? I so don't approve of this. Guess my alts will be running without traits most of their lives now...
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2015-03-16 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post

EDIT: And wtf, we're not able to buy traits anymore? I so don't approve of this. Guess my alts will be running without traits most of their lives now...
    ? Where'd you hear that from?

Deleted
    Saw that in-game as guildies were complaining about it, along with a couple random people in map chat. There were also threads about it on the official forums. I'm fairly sure it's just another bug since it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, but still...

Edit: apparently they hot-fixed it, you can once again buy your traits
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2015-03-17 at 08:36 AM.

and I'm back after apparantly a 3+ year hiatus. Man how I missed it.

I have:

Charr warrior 39
    Human Ranger 21
    Norn mesmer 21
    Human Necro 20

Now to decide what to play. I missed so much apparantly, but I have no idea where to start now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    Edit: apparently they hot-fixed it, you can once again buy your traits
    Yup. Checked the trainers this morning and it seems to be fixed. Looks like there was some sort of hotfix last night after I went to bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    and I'm back after apparantly a 3+ year hiatus. Man how I missed it.

I have:

Charr warrior 39
    Human Ranger 21
    Norn mesmer 21
    Human Necro 20

Now to decide what to play. I missed so much apparantly, but I have no idea where to start now
    I suggest checking out something like this. It has a really nice overview of what has happened and what you might want to keep an eye out for. If you have any specific questions after exploring around for a bit, I'm sure people in this thread are more than willing to lend a hand.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    This feeling is conditioned by other MMOs, but has little relevance to GW2. You start the same as you left, by logging on and just playing. You can't participate in the new season story unless you a) are level cap and b) have unlocked them which means c) you likely have none of it unlocked and would have to pay.

So essentially, if you want to get back in it you just pick a character and start playing. There are little defined rules in what you *must* do in this game. If you want to level, just get out in the world killing things, completing events, etc. Perhaps you meant more in a general sense with features, how the new daily system works, etc?
    BAD WOLF