Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    Yeah, and that would be such a big deal if it didn't seem like a mob even just one level higher than you will hand you your ass. Playing a thief and I've been using the short bow so much because I can kite these higher level enemies.
    Pistol with shadowstep is better for kiting.

At least for me. The shortbow seems kind of funky with the abilities it has. I guess it's the equivalent of the warrior's longbow.

I don't think I've heard anything about underwater combat/DEs since the beta went live, negative or positive, on these forums. Could it be that the 1-20 areas don't have much opportunity for them or the content was forgotten/skipped?

Deleted
    It does seem to me like ranged get a much easier time of the boss mobs than melee do, it seems like they randomly target adjacent party members and the ranged just sit back and pew pew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tithonus View Post
    I don't think I've heard anything about underwater combat/DEs since the beta went live, negative or positive, on these forums. Could it be that the 1-20 areas don't have much opportunity for them or the content was forgotten/skipped?
    There isn't much underwater combat in the low level areas. The only example I can think of would be the talent point at the underwater ruins in the swamp in Queensdale.

Deleted
    It's still there, I've got no complaints really except unless people go into water early on and acquire their skills grinding, it's a real pain higher on with just 1 attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    I also agree with the exp increase, something like an overall 10-15% exp increase would probably be enough to not have to repeat stuff .
    you could also go to the other starter zones to level so they prolly dont need to increase the exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It does seem to me like ranged get a much easier time of the boss mobs than melee do, it seems like they randomly target adjacent party members and the ranged just sit back and pew pew.
    Well thats one of the things you should be avoiding. One thing i have learned on my thief is to always keep circling behind a mob even if its not attacking me. Using a skill like leaping death blossom to get behind quicker. And since mobs dont autoface like WoW mobs do it keeps me from getting hit most the time. A big problem is when multiple mobs are stacked and i get thrashed cuz they all hit me at the same time. Its really hard to run in and aoe a bunch of melee mobs.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-04-28 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Pistol with shadowstep is better for kiting.

At least for me. The shortbow seems kind of funky with the abilities it has. I guess it's the equivalent of the warrior's longbow.
    I was doing pistols for a little while. I just like trickshots AoE then disabling shot and infiltrators arrow and caltrops for kiting. pretty cool.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    you could also go to the other starter zones to level so they prolly dont need to increase the exp.
    True, at the moment the portal gates don't work though so I've not figured out a way to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been spending my whole time in structured pvp/WvW. So much fun to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantom06 View Post
    Login Servers down apparently :C Got Dc now I cant seem to get back on. I was having so much fun in WvWvW!
    Ya I just got kicked off too. I'm loving this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh I'm not complaing at all, the only time at which i really needed to go back and level on other stuff/explore was during my personal story as nourn where i had to fight this mini boss dude in a bout, kinda kicked my ass but stuff just seems to be a bit ahead level wise to our characters and i know i can go back but its probably in Anets interest to make so people dont have to go back area wise to increase the replayability of the game, anyway ill submit it as a suggestion before beta ends and others can do as they feel would be ok : )

It's a rather painful, if short (perhaps 30 minutes or so) grind to unlock all of your underwater skills. I can't speak for trident, but the speargun is great fun. Once I had all the skills unlocked, I actually found myself loving underwater combat.. but until you at least have the second and perhaps third skills, it's a bit painful.

I also really liked that my engineer was able to place a floating underwater turret, complete with a bunch of air sacks and an anchor.

I've found several events by going underwater, and they are very well hidden. There's a TON of caves in the water, but you've got to search for them... they're also pretty dangerous, and tend to have a veteren sea beast or two in them.

Deleted

Well thats one of the things you should be avoiding. One thing i have learned on my thief is to always keep circling behind a mob even if its not attacking me. Using a skill like leaping death blossom to get behind quicker. And since mobs dont autoface like WoW mobs do it keeps me from getting hit most the time. A big problem is when multiple mobs are stacked and i get thrashed cuz they all hit me at the same time. Its really hard to run in and aoe a bunch of melee mobs.
    I know that, I avoid it fine, my point is that ranged don't have to avoid it at all at least when there are a lot of people on one mob, it'll only go for the melee and nothing's there to endanger the ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I know that, I avoid it fine, my point is that ranged don't have to avoid it at all at least when there are a lot of people on one mob, it'll only go for the melee and nothing's there to endanger the ranged.
    This right here is the issue. What I'm finding lately is I can survive well enough with melee, the problem is I have to work to survive.

As ranged I don't have to work for it. Oh sure, I have to keep the strafe button pushed, but that's not work.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

48 again cant log onto forums coz of "Please check your information and try again.Please check your information and try again."

Anyway, the game looks nice so far. i was expecting something far better, but its still okay comparing to swtor/wow.

I didnt enjoy the human noble storyline (so far), the WvWvW server mob unbalance and male armors (less skirts more nude bodies please).

I did enjoy the battle system - thats fresh. Questing systems is close to those of warhammer online. Graphics reminds me of Final Fantasy games.

Oh, and the coolest thing - i have no lags and stuttering issue (2500k @ 3.3Ghz and reference GTX 680), but ive seem many complaints about the game being unplayable even on low settings. Well, throw away ur ATI cards and go buy a new NVIDIA card.

This game is the biggest disappointment i have ever had in my gaming-life.
    Boring combat system.
    Boring pvp.
    Boring story.
    Boring quests.
    Boring skills.

Sold my account on ebay. Too bad i was REALLY looking forward to this one.

What a disappointment....

Guys, I'm not seeing any of my spell effects... my game doesn't lag at all on highest settings, and I tried various combinations, but no effect... any ideas???

Can you upgrade your underwater gear? I still have the same air mask and dull trident at level 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah there are some skill challenge involved with water combat, really amazing... smooth and it will shock you, everything about this game is been fun, playing with random people helping them with random dynamic events i run into, but i have the same concern about the XP, im lv13 and im done with the Dynamic Events on Queensdale, havent used my time to level a crafting skill but ill see if exploring Divinity's Reach will boost me a lvl up.
    Also, about the PvP battleground and WvW, best part of the whole beta i have enjoyed every single second of the beta, even the downtimes lol, hopefully they fix the login issues soon.
    I dont need revenge, I need redemption

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlr554 View Post
    Can you upgrade your underwater gear? I still have the same air mask and dull trident at level 16.
    You can, I've seen a karma vendor with some underwater stuff but there isn't that much.