10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Wait, so if I use "For Great Justice!" on my Warrior, it only effects 5 people?.
    Ironically that post was in reply to a thread aout For Great Justice!

At the end of the day it's a good thing, or else in WvW and large groups you'd end up with every boon in the game.
    The part I really like, is if you make a party with your friends, your boons will preference going to them instead of a random zerger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Why is that a bad suggestion exactly?

The game is far from perfectly designed. Not every decision they made is super duper awesome.
    the only thing I'll add is that they need to make clear on what certain enemies are doing in their animations, especially with their hard hitting abilities. Some of them would hit you, take nearly or all of your health away, and you had no idea what happened. But make it visual clues, not straight up information such as in WoW where tells you exactly what they are casting each time. Tera does this rather well I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enemy cast bars aren't going to happen. ArenaNet has make a big deal of their design goal of combat being visual and not "playing the UI"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Enemy cast bars aren't going to happen. ArenaNet has make a big deal of their design goal of combat being visual and not "playing the UI"
    Especially since all moves are so highly telegraphed that a cast bar would be redundant.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Especially since all moves are so highly telegraphed that a cast bar would be redundant.
    They are telegraphed, but I wouldn't say highly.
    Depending on what you're comparing it to, of course. Highly compared to WoW, barely compared to Tera.
    Then again, I found that annoying in Tera. I mean, enemies don't usually take 2seconds to swing a sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    They are telegraphed, but I wouldn't say highly.
    Depending on what you're comparing it to, of course. Highly compared to WoW, barely compared to Tera.
    Then again, I found that annoying in Tera. I mean, enemies don't usually take 2seconds to swing a sword.
    You shouldn't visit the official Thief forum then, most people there act like Heartseeker has a 5-second cast time and CnD roots you to the ground forever or something. Gotta hate bads, ya know?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    More MMOs than WoW have an indicator of when someone is out of range (it is especially important in a game that you can use skills even if someone is out of range. Although not having one raises the skill ceiling, so I personally do not want one, I can understand why it is an issue)
    The game does have an indicator for when your skills are out of range, check the skillbar; the numbers for 2 and 5 are red, indicating out of range:

It does, although it could be a bit more noticeable.

What annoys me are the exaggerated claims of rooting abilities. There are some abilities in which are cancelled when you move but I have yet to find one that actually roots you.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    The game does have an indicator for when your skills are out of range, check the skillbar; the numbers for 2 and 5 are red, indicating out of range:
    Oh.
    I assumed from the post that there was no indicator, didn't bother trying to remember back to if there was one or not.
    In that case, the requests for a range indicator were silly as hell. (but not for the reason that it's in WoW, as the poster claimed.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    To be fair, it's annoying to have to look at the bottom of my screen to figure that out. :< I wish I could see some notification on this around the character model of my target.

I would never look at my skill bar in an MMO while in combat. That's usually poor play.

I would never look at my skill bar in an MMO while in combat. That's usually poor play.
    I usually don't either except when I played a sentinel in swtor.

Actually, GW2 has an out of range notification.

It's the number in your casting bar. If it's red you're out of range.

Hopefully they won't ever implant a enemy caster bar, since you should pay attention how the enemy moves and what they do, and not stare at a bar to know when to dodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What annoys me are the exaggerated claims of rooting abilities.
    Admit it Australians, you laughed

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Admit it Australians, you laughed
    Bah, I don't take lag into account mister mif

I did when I clicked my elite, which is also poor play.
    The reason I did this, however, is because I could not find a comfortable bind for it (forgot shift was usable).
    Poor excuse yes, but considering how little I used my elite (since I only spent an hour or two PvPing, and the fact that I used flesh golem) it did not effect me much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how you tempt me...

This is what you get for not using a Razer Naga!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Bah, I don't take lag into account mister mif
    Urban dictionary

Oh how you tempt me...

This is what you get for not using a Razer Naga!
    I admitted that it was poor play, and it's quite obviously not something I would do at launch.
    The alternative was to use Z or X as my elite, which would have thrown me off more as I am not used to using those as a keybind.
    Again, did not realize I could simply use shift as a key, since it's generally a modifier.

I usually don't either except when I played a sentinel in swtor.
    What's the Sith mirror to that? I never played a Republic character pass the tutorial.

The reason I did this, however, is because I could not find a comfortable bind for it (forgot shift was usable).
    Poor excuse yes, but considering how little I used my elite (since I only spent an hour or two PvPing, and the fact that I used flesh golem) it did not effect me much.
    No gaming mouse or KB? Tsk tsk.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-01 at 04:32 PM.