Anyone else getting "unable to connect to the log-in server" errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Anyone else getting "unable to connect to the log-in server" errors?
    I did a couple hours ago for about twenty minutes.

ANet actually brought down the servers for some emergency maintenance about an hour ago. Extremely rare event for GW2.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...00841800855553

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...19739019436032

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    There's nothing.
    That doesn't sound right. One of the requirements for the Daredevil ascended weapon is to complete a Maguuma map, which rewards you with a chest. Either it's a bug, or you only get something if you're supposed to get it for a collection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    ANet actually brought down the servers for some emergency maintenance about an hour ago. Extremely rare event for GW2
    Not to mention "Susan"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Anet got you Rivelle

You good now brah lol
    Now that I see that, I'm not sure if my first map actually killed him or he was really still at 1%. I thought he went invulnerable before killing us but I really don't know. When I did successfully kill him last night, he went invulnerable, and then a cutscene played and our rewards boxes popped up.

One was an automatic leystone coat box, and I got another leystone coat box from the reward chest at the end that I had to manually loot. So I'm thinking the rewards are like Vinewrath except leystone in that regard.

I did have a guildie who was talking about how his map killed Mordremoth the previous night but it bugged out and they got no reward. Maybe that's what got fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Zito and anyone else who might want to see what the Mordremoth's Mouth fight looks like, here is a video of a portion of it. Not my video but you can see what it looks like pretty well.

wow that looks really satisfying. Yea if I did that before the story I would of been hella fine with that. That's what I get for rushing the story.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I hadn't been enjoying the game too much due to the mastery stuff but I can say that bringing another character through feels better. Just having gliding and bouncy shrooms unlocked from the get go makes the first zone feel a lot different. Maybe I can push through with the story a bit more on this character. Funnily enough I think I might have been tired of playing a Ranger too. I usually love that class, but I think I'm just really tired of using the same abilities and managing pets.

I've been playing a GS Guardian and want to check out their elite spec since it's a bow minus a pet and plus support functions. I had a lot more fun in that session last night, so I'm going to keep playing this way and see how it goes. Kinda excited now. Looking forward to some extended time this weekend with the new zones.
    BAD WOLF

So in verdent brink there is a mastery point surrounded by mushroom mobs and a poison field so you would need the poison mastery to get it, but I just walked a long the ledge to the left and avoided the poison and got the point.

lol.... I mean is that intended? Seems like an obvious over sight.

Besides that and the hero point in Auric I have not found any need for poison mastery. Am I just missing something?
    Last edited by zito; 2015-10-29 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    So in verdent brink there is a mastery point surrounded by mushroom mobs and a poison field so you would need the poison mastery to get it, but I just walked a long the ledge to the left and avoided the poison and got the point.

lol.... I mean is that intended? Seems like an obvious over sight.
    I did the same thing yesterday. Tried the right ledge before that and apparently it doesn't have enough room, but the left one is just wide enough to walk/jump on without falling to the poison. But yes, probably an oversight.

Now if only the toggle-able abilities got fixed on Revenant I would be happy.

lol....

Besides that and the hero point in Auric I have not found any need for poison mastery. Am I just missing something?
    Nope you are not, most mastery and hero points have alternate ways to get without the Masteries... even the one you supposedly can only get to at night can be gotten to during the day, you just have to walk up to the canopy. There is one Hero Point in the hallowed out tree that is much easier to get to if you have poison mastery, but the made the clear area near it a bit bigger so really the evil shadowleaping frogs are the hardest part about it now.

I'm hoping they'll use it some places later or maybe in raids.

10+ Year Old Account

lol....

Yes, I think there are at least three mastery points that require poison mastery to enter the rooms. When you get to Dragon's Stand, there are a few events that require going into certain caves to gather stuff for the event to complete and the rooms are poison rooms. Also, the entire bottom of the circular room you fight the bosses/blight towers in is a poison area. Some maps have started forming groups that have poison mastery to go down there and kill pods and mobs that are down there because they spawn mobs and it helps keep the top area clear of mobs that will mess with them getting the preserver down fast enough to stop a collector from respawning. If the collector respawns, the boss goes invulnerable until it's killed again.

It felt important enough to me to get it for convenience purposes. I got up to Gliding 2, Exalted 2, Nuhoch 2, Itzel 4. Now that I've seen how much stuff needs ley line gliding I'm working on Gliding 3 and will go down the gliding tree from there. I'm going to be struggling for mastery points after that.

It doesn't help that not all mastery points are marked on the map. I've found a couple of "lockboxes" mastery points which are not marked on the map at all. They are tied to an achievement but seriously...

Adventures are going smoothly though. Got gold on scrap, tendral burner and the bug catching one. Bug catching one was the skin of my teeth gold. It's very hard and there is zero breathing room.

Went back and got those last two HP in Verdant Brink (the old "you are not worthy" one and the one surrounded by poison). The poison one is super easy now. The commune point was moved to an easier to access spot, one where you can simply land on it from gliding down and not aggro any of the hylek mobs, all of which are just regular mobs now, not vets.

I figured stuff like that would happen after a couple months, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Went back and got those last two HP in Verdant Brink (the old "you are not worthy" one and the one surrounded by poison). The poison one is super easy now. The commune point was moved to an easier to access spot, one where you can simply land on it from gliding down and not aggro any of the hylek mobs, all of which are just regular mobs now, not vets.

I figured stuff like that would happen after a couple months, not days.
    yup, they nerfed the hero point summon champions too. Went and helped someone who was doing one in verdent brink and it summoned a vet instead of a champ. Really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    How big is the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns folder size?

Minimum Requirements is 35 Gb, but I think it's a bit overestimated. Would be okay with just a bit over 30+ Gb. The files are still in one or two huge files, right? (plus some .dll's and .exe's)

Might even have to buy it for my B2P MMO needs..
    The main .dat file for the game was already approaching 30 gb prior to HoT. So having at least 35 (for future patches and such) is a reasonable expectation.

yup, they nerfed the hero point summon champions too. Went and helped someone who was doing one in verdent brink and it summoned a vet instead of a champ. Really disappointed.
    not all of them. I just went to one and it still had a champion

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    not all of them. I just went to one and it still had a champion
    Yea, I know the one near Treacherous Waypoint is still pretty difficult. Spawns a champ and like 5 other mobs to boot.

Hm that's odd, the hero point in the south-west corner of VB used to be a veteran but now it's a champion :/

I prefer my hero points to be soloable, thanksssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea, I know the one near Treacherous Waypoint is still pretty difficult. Spawns a champ and like 5 other mobs to boot.
    Yup, they swapped that one (which used to spawn a vet raptor rider dude) with the one that used to be up in the busted airship that spawned the three hylek archer shitheads. The one up in the busted airship (east-ish of Lord Faren Waypoint) is a commune now, I believe.

A nerf, I suppose, but I prefer to call that one a transfer. Heck, making the jump to get into that airship just to reach that HP can be mildly annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did my second Mouth of Mordremoth kill today, third in two days. Mostly due to a strat in the boss room that someone came up with where you split into two teams, one team kills all the pods in a circle then works on the boss while the second team just runs around in a zerg circle killing the preservers as they respawn. I'm kind of curious to see if Anet is going to nerf this somehow once they catch wind of it and call it an exploit, or let it be.