10+ Year Old Account
    On scaling content in general - GW2 and FF14 both utilize content scale which is probably why a lot players bounce between two. FF14 has more horizontal progression but it's really easy and not that important. Both games are designed in a way that you can come and go without feeling 'left behind' since you scale to the content. It's not for everyone which is why there are games that take different approaches.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Across all zone levels? Or just in "current content"? Because I know WoW added them in for more recent expansions, but I've seen no real discussion about farming older bosses the intended way. I'm not talking about going and wiping some unscaled low level boss and walking away with some gold, but like, people actually continuing to do the boss events as they were designed.
    I mean...scaling in GW2 really doesn't work that way, anyway. You go back to Metrica as a geared out level 80 and you might be scaled to level 10 but you're still basically a god.

So yeah, Shadow Behemoth pops and it's wiped off the map before you can even get there half the time, if you weren't waiting beforehand. Very little of it is done "as intended" except when non-attribute mechanics absolutely demand it. (Tequatl scales)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    On scaling content in general - GW2 and FF14 both utilize content scale which is probably why a lot players bounce between two. FF14 has more horizontal progression but it's really easy and not that important. Both games are designed in a way that you can come and go without feeling 'left behind' since you scale to the content. It's not for everyone which is why there are games that take different approaches.
    XIV's downscaling frustrates me because there's such a good framework there but - outside of one leveling roulette a day, maybe - you never really use it.

But that's another game, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Now that the expac has been out for a bit, how does it compare with the prior expacs?
    With the caveat that I wasn't there when these expansions dropped but instead went back and played through them later, I would say I like EoD the most overall, much better storytelling and delivery, gorgeous visuals, the best open world event in the games history, 4 awesome strike missions and some fun side activities like fishing.

I would say Hot Was the most transformative though as it was the first to add elite specs, masteries, and it added a new class. PoF added mounts which is also more transformative than anything EoD offers. When it comes to shaking the foundations of the game EoD is definitely the lowest, but I think at this point a large content injection was just as if not more important than some crazy new feature or system.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/..._guild_wars_2/

Looks like Season 1 is coming back in full.

4th expansion confirmed

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/..._guild_wars_2/

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This is a lot of great shit from Anet.

EoD performing better than PoF? Good shit, well deserved.

Another expansion confirmed? Rad, hopefully we'll avoid the malaise that dragged on in PoF for a while.

LSS1? YAY! I missed most of this so excited to finally be able to replay it eventually.

Steam? Cool, should bring in a fresh crop of new players.

Better communications and known who's running Anet and GW2? Nice, they've needed to improve communication for a while.

And a roadmap of what's coming this quarter. Strike mode and legendary weapon variants, first few episodes of S1, Super Adventure Box, and a profession update (and WvW stuff but whatever).

Well this news is just...insane lol. They actually went way harder than I think anyone predicted.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a lot of great shit from Anet.

EoD performing better than PoF? Good shit, well deserved.

Another expansion confirmed? Rad, hopefully we'll avoid the malaise that dragged on in PoF for a while.
    Just a short comment to say how amusing it is that a major drop date for spring is April 19th. I seem to remember there's something else going on that day...oh, yeah. That. It's good stuff.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I didn't expect that much information coming from them.

Being able to play some sort of living world season 1 is great news for me. I wasn't playing the game when it happened and it has always been a regret. Most of the main cast of characters was introduced back then and while i expect a lot of instancing (some zones changed), it's certainly better than only being able to experience it through youtube.

I'm also looking forward for the strikes CM. The 4 new strikes are great in terms of mechanics, but at least 3 of them are really forgiving in terms of damage and healing required. I have a lot of fun doing them, but they aren't very rewarding outside of the daily strike and certainly not challenging enough for a premade raid group to add them to their scheudle. I hope this changes with the CM.

And SAB coming back next week is great. I'm a big fan of that event. With jumping puzzles there are only two kind of people: the ones who love them (me) and the ones who hate them (almost everyone else).
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Just a short comment to say how amusing it is that a major drop date for spring is April 19th. I seem to remember there's something else going on that day...oh, yeah. That. It's good stuff.
    It isn't the best timing lol. I love Gw2 but i will definitely be paying more attention to WoW that day to see what blizz has in store.
    Regardless, I can't wait to go through a new and improved season 1 for the first time.
    Diablo Bore.

I didn't end up playing more than a few weeks when I hopped back in, but it is nice to see that it is doing well. Always had a soft spot for GW, a little disappointing (for me) that I just couldn't make myself connect with it again.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I didn't end up playing more than a few weeks when I hopped back in, but it is nice to see that it is doing well. Always had a soft spot for GW, a little disappointing (for me) that I just couldn't make myself connect with it again.
    that was the case with me for years and years until i really got into it in 2019, I guess with a game like gw2 its just about knowing what you want. Like right now I am going for EoD masteries, after that i will probably go back and finish the return achievements, and then take a break
    Diablo Bore.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...rance-package/

30% off Living World S2/3/4/IBS ends at the end of the month. Not a bad deal if you missed that content and want to catch up on the story and related rewards.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...rance-package/

30% off Living World S2/3/4/IBS ends at the end of the month. Not a bad deal if you missed that content and want to catch up on the story and related rewards.
    Definitely a nice deal, hopefully a good amount of people took advantage of it. I really really hope that for the Steam release they just do a Gw2 edition that has EoD, Pof, Hot, and all of the living world for ~$60
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Definitely a nice deal, hopefully a good amount of people took advantage of it. I really really hope that for the Steam release they just do a Gw2 edition that has EoD, Pof, Hot, and all of the living world for ~$60
    Ye. I think they have expansion bundles, but they really need more bundle optoins on steam since the core game is F2P. Sell gems through Steam (because well, they have to if the game is installed through the platform), sell expansions, but make it easy for folks to get the "all-in-one" bundle if they want everything.

Steam launch should do very well for them given the success of EoD so far. The game may be "old" in a sense, but Steam still brings in a huge new audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    S2 should be free. It's old. It's dated design philosophy is starting to show that age compared to the rest of the game. Doesn't offer strong rewards like season 3 and 4. It will cut down on the barrier of entry to the story without much lost to Anet.

Really makes no sense you can buy an expansion and get a lvl 80 boost but can't experience the story tied to the map you're sent to because it's tied to season 2. At least season 3, 4, 5 maps are isolated so players can't find themselves on the maps but not allowed to play them.

Getting severe motion sickness on my first raptor mount.

No graphics/camera settings are helpful whatsoever. I haven't touched my field of view since zooming out would completely disconnect me from a hero fantasy. This is probably game over for me, since there is no way in universe I can past those slow motion mount animation. Big yikes, enjoyed the game so far.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-04-05 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Getting severe motion sickness on my first raptor mount.
    Lame, I know some folks have had similar issues since PoF but I haven't seen any solutions from Anet or any mods that would address this : (

Lame, I know some folks have had similar issues since PoF but I haven't seen any solutions from Anet or any mods that would address this : (
    Yeh that's pretty sad actually.. the game is quite good otherwise.

While the mount system is somewhat unique and amazing, the time really slows down on that raptor. Animations should be more sharp rather than delayed upon inception of starting to turn or move. I don't have any clue how other mounts work, just used my free boost to unlock that raptor so that I can level new char from scratch while allowing myself to close big distances faster.

I will give it another go in case I will develop a tolerance slowly.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-04-05 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Yeh that's pretty sad actually.. the game is quite good otherwise.

While the mount system is somewhat unique and amazing, the time really slows down on that raptor. Animations should be more sharp rather than delayed upon inception of starting to turn or move. I don't have any clue how other mounts work, just used my free boost to unlock that raptor so that I can level new char from scratch while allowing myself to close big distances faster.

I will give it another go in case I will develop a tolerance slowly.
    I get what they were going for: Raptor has some distance leaps, but all mounts have a bit of "tank controls" to a point. The other mounts function like this for the most part as well, they all have turning radiuses and need to take a second to build up momentum etc. But they're all super hugely useful, even without the grindy mounts like beetle/gryphon/drake. They make getting around the world so much easier no matter where you are, even if they're really only "needed" for PoF content.

I'll see if I can find any tools/tricks to combat the motion sickness. I assume folks have figured out something by now.

I get what they were going for: Raptor has some distance leaps, but all mounts have a bit of "tank controls" to a point. The other mounts function like this for the most part as well, they all have turning radiuses and need to take a second to build up momentum etc. But they're all super hugely useful, even without the grindy mounts like beetle/gryphon/drake. They make getting around the world so much easier no matter where you are, even if they're really only "needed" for PoF content.

I'll see if I can find any tools/tricks to combat the motion sickness. I assume folks have figured out something by now.
    Thank you so much

It's gotten better actually, I completely stopped looking to lower portion of my screen when using the mount. I'm just looking further away trying to blur and take any focus away from my character, it really did the trick, it's not perfect, but I haven't gotten any dizziness so far, rest is just probably acquired tolerance overtime