10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    My main gripe with GW2's pvp is how little there is to do. WvW, rated AB, and AB. That's it. I really would had liked that the 3 different battlegrounds had different objectives each, but giving the exact same goal to all 3 is pretty boring. I really hope they add other objectives in the future.
    Its there desire to open it to a ESport that drives the similar underlying main objective of the sPVP. They want the fundamentals to remain the same like in any sport while changing up the venue a bit with secondary objectives. IF that doesnt float your boat thats why there is WvWvW, which is extremely well done and arguably offers a variety of ways to experience and play it.

In regards to the "amount" of spvp battle grounds per say its on par with most if not all games at release. It will be expanded on. You cant go into it expecting 10 different maps each with unique this and thats out of the box. How they play however is a design choice by them to keep them easy to pick up and learn.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-08-22 at 04:52 PM.

Well each map has different secondary objectives. I felt there were a lot of variations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Guardians seem OP to people because most people haven't learned how to counter teams with Guardians - it's a learning issue, not a balance issue
    Exactly. Everything seems OP when you don't know how to fight against it yet.

I assure you, in a month, maybe less, people will think that Guardians are worthless because they're so easy to counter.

It's like how brand new LoL players believe that Eve is OP (the original Eve!). High-level players knew that Eve was absolutely worthless.

I doubt it will be THAT extreme with the Guardian, but you see my point.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-22 at 04:54 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well each map has different secondary objectives. I felt there were a lot of variations.
    Right, the secondary objectives really define the map. The primary objective makes it so you're not completely clueless if it's your first time on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go look up what each secondary objective is, but NCSoft seems to have taken down the wiki for maintenance.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'd go look up what each secondary objective is, but NCSoft seems to have taken down the wiki for maintenance.
    Battle for ...whatever the place is called: trebuchets
    The one in the forest: the 2 npcs
    The guild keep-inspired one: guild lords
    No clue about the new one

That's purely off the top of my head, so I might be mistaken or missing things, but from what I remember it's accurate.
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-08-22 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Guardians seem OP to people because most people haven't learned how to counter teams with Guardians - it's a learning issue, not a balance issue.
    I agree with this - it just all seems a bit early to be making these kinds of calls.

Deleted
    Just a quick question, guys: I hear all these people talking about updates, yet my (beta) game client didn't recieve any the last couple of days. Can't press play, no progress bar, nothing I was wondering since the game is supposed to be played on the client you downloaded for beta, right? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Looks like their is another large'ish update patch today..... 550 mb
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-08-22 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I'm extremely dissapointed with PvP in Guild Wars 2 as it currently is. I like that gear is equal, but it was pretty obvious that the Guardian still dominated the PvP battlegrounds by quite a long shot even though people claim they have been nerfed. I was playing an Engineer and... well, they're pretty bad, not the worst... but still bad in PVP. I did enjoy them in PvE though, but since there's no end game PvE it's quite pointless to roll one.
    Most Guardians goes with a defesive built , while (we) the Enginners dont have enought pure-raw output to outdps their defence+toughtness . Or while we got nerfed (4 internal cd on our burn mechanic + last for 2 sec + it has a 33% chance on crit to show up) + while the Guardians have dispel condition mechanics , seems they are OP compare to us .
    U just simply ingore them or cc them :P

It's a large update, a little over 500mb. Some files will be bigger than others, that is why you will see stuff like 260mb downloaded at only 1%

10+ Year Old Account
    New update just got pushed. Should be around 350 files.

guys guys, remember that my current opinion on the game is pre-gameplay, I haven't had any hands-on gametime with the game yet. Its entirely possible for me to change my mind once I've......... ya know, actually played the game.

For the time being, I can't help but be a little disappointed on there only being conquest mode for all 4 maps, even if they have different secondary objectives. And at no point I've denied that WvW is mindfuckingly fun (yes, I had to make up a word for that because I don't think current words do it enough justice). I've yet to play a single match of WvW and I already think its made of win (Its VERY reminiscent of both the OLD Alterac Valley, and the Castle Siege system of Lineage II, aka; the 2 pvp settings i've enjoyed the most in any other game, ever)

But personal pre-gameplay opinions ARE subject to change.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Most Guardians goes with a defesive built , while (we) the Enginners dont have enought pure-raw output to outdps their defence+toughtness . Or while we got nerfed (4 internal cd on our burn mechanic + last for 2 sec + it has a 33% chance on crit to show up) + while the Guardians have dispel condition mechanics , seems they are OP compare to us .
    U just simply ingore them or cc them :P
    They definitely seem like the do-not-smash profession, but I guess if you did focus someone else on their team then you could get them to blow their virtues and hard-switch while they are down.

10+ Year Old Account

Dunno if most of you have already heard this remix of the gamescom trailer, but playing it now just filled up my hype'o'meter.

Also: lol at Mif's post.
    Last edited by kliffharry; 2012-08-23 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    Just a quick question, guys: I hear all these people talking about updates, yet my (beta) game client didn't recieve any the last couple of days. Can't press play, no progress bar, nothing I was wondering since the game is supposed to be played on the client you downloaded for beta, right? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, the beta client is the same one. You should be getting updates when you click the GW2.exe file in the Guild Wars 2 folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's hilarious. They should bring back the tombstone text now.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Did you people not watch enough Fresh Prince? I am disappoint.
    Yea, everyone knows the Carlton at this point. At the risk of a pun, it's not that "fresh" anymore. A few other games already have it as a dance emote. Been around for a long time already.

It's also a "dance" that is rather specific to 1 joke. So wears thin very quickly. Unlike say the Asura/Assassin pop locking which is kinda general/not a gag.

Human LMAFO dance is a gag too. Just like not a 10+ year old one. Pretty over the "Carltron", tbh.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-23 at 12:08 AM.