Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Ugh.

What a shit show.
    I agree!

10char10char

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You didnt pay attention to the drinking game then. Pod had to drink after the virgin question.. The girls probably didnt want his gold because he is a pro singer.
    He drank because it was awkward and the wrong thing to ask her...really? You didn't catch that? I don't think he was even part of the game and he definitely wasn't the one asked lol...wow

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    They did not destroy Jaime's character arc. Jaime is lost in self-loathing. He is unable to forgive himself for all the evils he has done for Cersei. And now he is probably going to King's Landing to kill Cersei, and he hates himself even more for it. The question is: will he come alone?
    Right? I highly doubt Jaime is going back to protect Cersei. You can see it in his face when he's talking to Brienne that he doesn't want to leave her. So many people are quick to assume he's going to help Cersei. No, no he's not. If there's anyone that can get into King's Landing to assassinate Cersei without trouble it's him or Arya.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    He drank because it was awkward and the wrong thing to ask her...really? You didn't catch that? I don't think he was even part of the game and he definitely wasn't the one asked lol...wow
    Whatever dude. Most people understood this scene. I wont explain it to you. Its pretty clear he actually isnt Pod the Rod. He did something else.

Learn the drinking game rules bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's been downhill since s5 (although s6 had some of the best episodes). It's still a fantastic show though, and better than anything else.
    HBO has had a much superior show on RIGHT AFTER GoT for the last 3 years (well, not last year, since GoT wasn't on). It was called The Leftovers, and it only got 3 seasons because people don't like actual good writing and great characters.

I can see Dany screaming "Dracarys" like a mad woman. Burning all of KL and giving a throwback to "Burn them! Burn them all!" Mad Queen inc!

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Whatever dude. Most people understood this scene. I wont explain it to you. Its pretty clear he actually isnt Pod the Rod. He did something else.
    You don't have to explain it to me, you clearly don't understand how that particular drinking game works LOL. Poor guy

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Would you be willing to share what you enjoyed with episode 4? I was disappointed, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts.
    Well, I thought it was gripping when Rhaegal died. It took me a few moments to comprehend it. Then when Missandei died and you saw the fire in Dany's eyes, you knew the wrath of hell was coming down on Cersei. I really wanted Tormund to join up with Brienne, because the two could create a child worthy of a spinoff. Two battle-hardened warriors both well over six feet tall, but I guess Tormund is too unruly to be a good match. Anyway, as you can maybe tell, I just enjoy the show for whatever faults it might have. Whatever direction the show goes in I just enjoy it as it comes. I try not to pick apart too much, just enjoy the story they're trying to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    HBO has had a much superior show on RIGHT AFTER GoT for the last 3 years (well, not last year, since GoT wasn't on). It was called The Leftovers, and it only got 3 seasons because people don't like actual good writing and great characters.
    It's an ok show, and you're well within your right to think it's better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    ye these haters. Everyone thinks its so boring and everything is so stupid and yet they sit here lurking in these forums telling everyone excitedly how boring and predictable the last episode was.

I'm really really enjoying everything so far and i'm kinda sad it's over in 2 weeks.
    What are the highlights for you so far?

We got our wish for a Gendry Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End. Interesting parallels now with how Robert loved Lyanna Stark, who didn't love him back. Now Gendry loves Arya Stark (who is a tomboy like her aunt), who doesn't love him back. At least not enough to become a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    As a woman, I feel like that's one of the more realistic elements of the season, because that's how we act towards each other. For no reason, other than perhaps sensing competition.
    They've literally just faced literal fucking Death, and Dany was an integral part of it. She knows Dany loves Jon, and Jon loves her. Maybe they're going for a set up where her inability to trust people is her downfall, but at this point it feels like Sansa is making it out of this one happy and alive.

I've known a lot of women in my life. I've also known a lot of powerful women, too. And when they become powerful, they don't act like petty schoolgirls like this shit. This is schoolyard nonsense.

Edit: Jon made an actually good point to her, before he spilled the beans like the jackass he is: if you only trust the people you grew up with, you won't have many alliances. Arya-the-robot brushed that question aside in her emo-loner manner, but it should certainly apply to Sansa as the Lady of Winterfell.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-05-06 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone finally brings up the main part. That made me sad, and the look Ghost gave him It's for the best though... Tormund will treat him better! That's the spin off we truly need.
    I'm glad Tormund didn't go with Jon. At least we know he won't be killed off now. Hopefully not. He's always been one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well, I thought it was gripping when Rhaegal died. It took me a few moments to comprehend it. Then when Missandei died and you saw the fire in Dany's eyes, you knew the wrath of hell was coming down on Cersei. I really wanted Tormund to join up with Brienne, because the two could create a child worthy of a spinoff. Two battle-hardened warriors both well over six feet tall, but I guess Tormund is too unruly to be a good match. Anyway, as you can maybe tell, I just enjoy the show for whatever faults it might have. Whatever direction the show goes in I just enjoy it as it comes. I try not to pick apart too much, just enjoy the story they're trying to tell.
    I think you can pick a show apart while still enjoying it for what it is. It helps us think about what good storytelling is. Too many people here seem upset that there is criticism to be had, how dull would it be if every comment was "WHOA THAT WAS AWESOMEEE" for 1200 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    You don't have to explain it to me, you clearly don't understand how that particular drinking game works LOL. Poor guy
    He could have drank because it was awkward, and as her squire he was sparing her blushes.

We'll never get a true answer, so it's up to us to interpenetrate it as we see it.

Myself, I think he is a virgin and did nothing with the whores.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been downhill since s5 (although s6 had some of the best episodes). It's still a fantastic show though, and better than anything else.
    It's not a bad show, no. It's still entertaining and has great cinematography. The problem is that, for a lot of us, it was more than that. Its story avoided most fantasy tropes and cliches and gave a dark, dreary, "realistic" take on a fantasy world. It has lost that part of it, now. It's a show with high production value and is better than most things on television, but it lost what made it truly great. I want to love it, but I am nothing bitter towards what it has become because it just isn't the same.

So yes, many people are negative and I get that it's annoying for people who are enjoying it. But this has been such a big part of my life, that I have invested so many years into, that I can't just not express myself.

Arya confronting Jon with, "We need a word" really shows Arya's strength of character. She wasn't asking. Watch the scene again, and she's just oozing confidence and power. Great character. I'm looking forward to the "Arya and the Hound" spinoff.

They've literally just faced literal fucking Death, and Dany was an integral part of it. She knows Dany loves Jon, and Jon loves her. Maybe they're going for a set up where her inability to trust people is her downfall, but at this point it feels like Sansa is making it out of this one happy and alive.

I've known a lot of women in my life. I've also known a lot of powerful women, too. And when they become powerful, they don't act like petty schoolgirls like this shit. This is schoolyard nonsense.
    Same and some of them not only do, but they become insufferably worse because power goes to their head and they want to fend off other people who threaten that. We'll have to agree to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that show, it mind fucked the shit out of me. jkjk, I watched it as well and was blown away by how good it was. Definitely in my top 10.

He could have drank because it was awkward, and as her squire he was sparing her blushes.

We'll never get a true answer, so it's up to us to interpenetrate it as we see it.

Myself, I think he is a virgin and did nothing with the whores.
    I would agree with you, with the exception of him drinking AFTER things got really awkward. The look on his face wasn't "lol im gonna drink because I am actually a virgin" it was "ohhhhh why'd you ask that?"