Just a few questions.

Hey guys I have been trying to read and learn as much as I can about how to play shadow and how to gear etc... and I think I have pretty solid gear and just want to see what you guys think and if you guys could help me out.

Here is my gear and stats:
    My gear link will be in my sig I can not post a link till I post more lol!

I have almost every piece of caster gear you can get from raiding so if anything is better than what I have let me know!

I was also wondering about my rotation. When I get a few good procs like DMC and say Power Torrent is it a good idea to recast VT and DP right away and then right before they drop off or just when the DoT's are about to fall off?

Seriously any tips will be greatly appreciated.
    -LucKStrucK

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 12:25 AM ----------

My Gear link will not show up so maybe it will here

Deleted
    Hi LuckStruck,

Your Talents and Gear are all right, just get some more hit by reforging the crit from your chest, main hand and 2nd ring. You should at least have 16% or better the full 17.00 % for raid bosses. You should maybe change the gloves or helmet to get the 4pc bonus as it is very good for movement intense fights.

Refreshing VT and DP with procs is always the question: is DP about to fall off, do you have to move and already did SW, Shadowfiend and PW:S then refresh it! Refresh VT with procs only as it is more about to fall off, not after you just cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanosa View Post
    Hi LuckStruck,

Your Talents and Gear are all right, just get some more hit by reforging the crit from your chest, main hand and 2nd ring. You should at least have 16% or better the full 17.00 % for raid bosses. You should maybe change the gloves or helmet to get the 4pc bonus as it is very good for movement intense fights.

Refreshing VT and DP with procs is always the question: is DP about to fall off, do you have to move and already did SW, Shadowfiend and PW:S then refresh it! Refresh VT with procs only as it is more about to fall off, not after you just cast it.
    Thanks for the input! It seems I left the wrong boots when I last logged off I use the valor boots to put me above the hit cap but was testing out some new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LucKStrucK View Post
    Thanks for the input! It seems I left the wrong boots when I last logged off I use the valor boots to put me above the hit cap but was testing out some new gear.
    Melodious or Moving Waters? Both are viable and to be frank, I think the Moving Waters would be best since spirit gives hit and haste is better than crit.

But then again, Einhorn's Galoshes are BiS (acoording to Mr. Robot) so why would you change them to either of the VP ones?
    Last edited by healsdude; 2011-05-20 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    He's actually slightly over the hit cap. He's a Draenei, so he gets 1% that you don't see on armory. For that reason, reforge your wand Spirit -> Haste. This'll put you slightly under the hit cap, but that's better than being over.

He's at 16% hit roughly, including the Draenei racial bonus.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u.../luckstruck#v1

And yes, Mr. Robot calculates it correctly. The problem is that the armory doesn't calculate hit/spirit from gear correctly under some circumstances.

Deleted
    I added up his hit myself by looking at the gear. So he has 17.10% including the Draenei racial bonus, like I said at the start.

Tested Mr. Robot - it calculates it wrong. I changed his race to gnome, his hit stays the same.

Yeh, I think you're right, Robot doesn't seem to be accounting for the racial Draenei bonus. I just searched their forums, the issue had come up before and explained as I did above. Lazy as I am I asumed that was the issue and dismissed it as an Armory issue.

That website askmrrobot said that the optimal enchant for boots is the 35 mastery and minor movement increase can anyone confirm this?

Mr. Robot most definitely does take the racial into account! I addressed this specific character here:
    http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?topic=1482.0

Right now, when you reload from the Armory, after hitting reload you need to refresh the page. We are fixing this issue, but it is what is causing some people to see discrepancies between Mr. Robot and the Armory.

As for the boot enchant: there is always going to be debate on whether run speed is "better" or not. By default, Mr. Robot prefers run speed enchants. There is an option to exclude them if you prefer.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.