10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemana View Post
    Hmmm ... the SG Hair I linked works fine with elves for me ^^

Btw you can install it with NexusModmanager, even if it isn't on nexus, the NMM recognizes it.

Sg Hair contains an esp so don't forget to run BOSS (something you should do for every mod) after installing it. Your game not displaying the hair can come from a bad load order between your esp =)

lol I was too late ^^
    I'll try DLing from your link when I get home later. I installed an SG hair pack quite a while a go, and I'm sure I remember reading the post that accompanied it mentioning it didn't show up for elves (at that time). Installed via NMM - quite handy that you can do that even with mods that aren't on Nexus

Edit to add: this alternative lip texture to be used in conjunction with Mature Skin is very nice
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36249/
    Last edited by Kerath; 2014-02-18 at 08:53 AM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I was telling my friend the other day that I think I get just as much enjoyment out of modding Skyrim as I do actually playing it. Maybe even more! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are a couple of mods you guys might like. I played with them last night and have to say that they help the world feel more alive. First up:

Populate Lands: http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/sky...oads-paths-rs/
    This one adds more NPC's to the world. There are a few different versions and I am using the Roads and the Cities mod, adding NPC's that move around and have daily activities they participate in. Already the Inns are more bustling in the evening and during the day the roads aren't barren. I've run across adventuring bands, brigands, traveling priests, mercenaries, bodyguards, and a troupe of Khaajit.

Going hand in hand with the above is OBIS (Organized Bandits in Skyrim): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31264/?
    This one is going to add more bandits and cause some interesting interactions when you have them appear along with Mercs and Adventurers on the roads. Admittedly, I didn't get to see too much of this mod last night, but it seems good and is well endorsed.

Finally, Interesting NPC's: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8429/?
    The file is so big you will need to torrent it from the provided link. But it is well worth it. Basically it adds a ton of NPC's to the world, each with their own story and dialogue options and (from what I saw) all fully voice acted. They also have their own quests, adding more things to do to the game. I immediately fell in love with this mod when several of the NPC's started shouting at each other in an Inn and also having ambient dialogue. I highly recommend getting this.

Deleted
    I prefer Immersive Patrols http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12977/?

It adds a bit of everything, patrols, bandits, werewolves, dawnguard, battles between stormcloak and imperials, merchants and it doesn't use scripts.

Speaking of Interesting NPC's, it's an incredible mod ... if you play in english. >_<

so, i have a little bit of a problem. i went to maramal and talked to him about getting married, bought my amulet and put it on, but lydia doesn't even take notice of it. i know she can be married so what's up?

i'm a vampire, and i've just started to dawnguard quest for the vampires. so idk if that's messing it up or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I *think* you have to complete the questline to become an Agent of Mara.

Lydia should also like you, but I know you can't successfully propose without them liking you. Usually it involves doing a quest for them, but I don't think Lydia has a quest and that she likes you right off the bat since she's a Housecarl.

The only other thing that I'm thinking might be messing it up is if Lydia is designated as your steward at one of your homes. I'm not sure you can marry someone if they are a steward.

i think i just figured out the problem. i haven't bought a house yet, and lydia doesn't have one. so that's probably what's messing it up.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think i just figured out the problem. i haven't bought a house yet, and lydia doesn't have one. so that's probably what's messing it up.
    Homeless proposals don't often work in real life either.
    BAD WOLF

yeah, that was the problem lol. i didn't even think about that, just wanted vampire lydia to travel with me <3 can't wait until i can finally transform her :3

Deleted
    You won't be able to transform her without using the console I think.

Btw I'm trying to learn how to convert X body armor meshes into Y body armor meshes and it's reallly hard as hell

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't be able to transform her without using the console I think.

Btw I'm trying to learn how to convert X body armor meshes into Y body armor meshes and it's reallly hard as hell
    Are you using Bodyslide 2?

Deleted
    Yep, I use bodyslide 2 and the many tutorials about it, but it doesn't solve every clipping problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I use bodyslide 2 and the many tutorials about it, but it doesn't solve every clipping problem.
    I've always heard great things about Bodyslide, and that has been the mod in my back pocket if I ever ran into an armor mod that wasn't compatible with my set up. I wish I could offer some advice, but the best I can offer is to check out some of the Skyrim Mod forums and see if they can help.

Are there any mods that REALLY ramp the difficulty (without being silly enough to break the immersion)? I kinda got the hang of the crafting loops and... yeah my characters insanely OP now (like 3 million carry capacity insane). It's still... kinda fun to play but one shotting ancient dragons gets old after a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

SkyRe and Requiem are most popular ones afaik, bit I think that they require new game, old saves do not work too well with them.

I'd recommend Requiem + True Compass + Even Better Quest Texts + Morrowloot.

A lot more hardcore, but at the same time very immersive.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I know people already posted suggestions, but let me also provide this walkthrough. It provides a lot of info and gives you options at every step in order to make the perfect Waifu.

http://www.tesgeneral.com/#!ehh/c1587

That being said, there is still a ton of addons that aren't mentioned, but its a good start to being really really really ridiculously good looking.
    Very great start. I think I'm done modding with bodies faces and races though, I got a much improved look compared to the non-modded game. I'd love to try to make other attempts but I don't think I'll try other mods, my game is at the perfect spot and I don't want to end up breaking the game, reinstalling the game and mods all over. I'll keep going with house mods (always love the detail people put into those) envionrment, animations, weapons and cloths, but no more character mods for me, not until Fallout 4 (crosses fingers). Hell, I actually started going back to New Vegas (never finished, or got very far) and started modding that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Very great start. I think I'm done modding with bodies faces and races though, I got a much improved look compared to the non-modded game. I'd love to try to make other attempts but I don't think I'll try other mods, my game is at the perfect spot and I don't want to end up breaking the game, reinstalling the game and mods all over. I'll keep going with house mods (always love the detail people put into those) envionrment, animations, weapons and cloths, but no more character mods for me, not until Fallout 4 (crosses fingers). Hell, I actually started going back to New Vegas (never finished, or got very far) and started modding that up.
    See you say that, but then you find that one mod...like adding physics to hair and/or clothing. Then its "just one more mod". I swear, its like an addiction!

Skyrim Question

So i just downloaded this game after watching and reading about it.. and it's just feels so overwhealming.. so insanely much too do in this game.. but i dono where to start, if there is something liike professions or reputation/factions i have too start early with that will be needed later or if it is just too follow the quest and everything will be alright, Only Played for an Hour so far tho, just came to that first town place

Any advices and Tips from veteran Skyrim people would be much appriciated

Collect every bucket.

All of them.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.