The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I just reinstalled with the upgraded version and it was already easier to get my 200+ mods up and running with better quality than I had last build. Screenshots look pretty good. Runs at 30 fps stable, but that's with ENB and all sorts of tweaks. Could probably do a better build with higher FPS, but it plays fine.

BAD WOLF

One of these days I'll get around to downloading mods and shit to make the game not look like total ass so that I can play this...one of these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's totally worth getting into Skyrim right now, and I'm happy to report insane stability running ~140 mods on Skyrim: Special Edition, even using a handful of mods with SKSE64 (which is in alpha). I'm never going back to Oldrim. I have like 120 hours with little to no crashes and consistent 60 fps, and it looks amazing.

Speaking of which, I just started the Dragonborn DLC and WOW. The nostalgia for Morrowind is real.

I love how I casually mention 120 hours lol. I only started like 3 weeks ago or something. I might be addicted again...

Send help?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh by the way, shout out to the Become a Bard mod. Roleplaying a Bard has been great Performing for jarls and earning money/free lodging all across Skyrim:

Last edited by -aiko-; 2018-01-24 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Yeah, all faction quests are short too. Dark Brotherhood? Short, College of Winterhold? WAY too short, you hardly do anything of note and then you get the title of Archmage (and laughably, you can be a warrior who doesn't use Magic at all except at the very start, and get to be Archmage). Thieves Guild? Short, Imperials or Stormcloaks for the Civil War? Longer than a lot of other quest chains, but still short. I think you do like 1 or 2 Companion quests before you get to be a Werewolf, and there's like 4 or 5 fetch quests for that Axe (which doesn't really have worthwhile states unless you are fighting Elves).

Bethesda has a big issue with longevity when it comes to quest chains. Good thing combined with the world and mods, there's still a lot of things to do.
    oh god, the college of winterhold is a travesty.

i always pace myself on it by saying that tolfdir wanted us to meet at sarthaal in a few days or something, instead of immediately.

i really hope they pace the next mage guild better than that. because going from initiate to archmage in like three game days is retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Yeah, all faction quests are short too. Dark Brotherhood? Short, College of Winterhold? WAY too short, you hardly do anything of note and then you get the title of Archmage (and laughably, you can be a warrior who doesn't use Magic at all except at the very start, and get to be Archmage). Thieves Guild? Short, Imperials or Stormcloaks for the Civil War? Longer than a lot of other quest chains, but still short. I think you do like 1 or 2 Companion quests before you get to be a Werewolf, and there's like 4 or 5 fetch quests for that Axe (which doesn't really have worthwhile states unless you are fighting Elves).

Bethesda has a big issue with longevity when it comes to quest chains. Good thing combined with the world and mods, there's still a lot of things to do.

I dunno. Not too long ago I did a Thief "Live Another Life" run and just did the Thieve's Guild thing and it took about 20 Hours. I will admit that I was not bumrushing the questline and I use a variety of mods to make the game more difficult and not make Stealth so overpowered (so sneaking takes extra time).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    oh god, the college of winterhold is a travesty.

i always pace myself on it by saying that tolfdir wanted us to meet at sarthaal in a few days or something, instead of immediately.

i really hope they pace the next mage guild better than that. because going from initiate to archmage in like three game days is retarded.

When I did a Mage playthrough I made sure I had a College of Winterhold overhaul. It locks you off from certain quests until you reach the different levels (Adept, Apprentice, Expert, ect...) with at least 1 Magic School. It makes things a bit more realistic when you become Archmage.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    When I did a Mage playthrough I made sure I had a College of Winterhold overhaul. It locks you off from certain quests until you reach the different levels (Adept, Apprentice, Expert, ect...) with at least 1 Magic School. It makes things a bit more realistic when you become Archmage.
    that does sound nice. but it's more a problem that there's basically 0 quests in the college except main story, and it's a real shame.

it should have been like you join and do like 4 other quests, then you go to saarthal. then you do some more quests inbetween the stages where it makes sense, up until the main story gets urgent.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-01-24 at 02:14 PM.

Weird to see folks claiming that the College is short. I suppose if you skip the side quests it is, but there's quite a bit of other stuff associated, though one of the more promising ones does ultimately not have much to a point of it.

I had fired this game back up a few months ago, and after... I dunno, 300-ish hours, I think I'm fairly done, but have no real way of truly knowing if there's some storyline I've yet to see.

I run the companions, thieves guild, college and dark brotherhood, main Anduin story is done, as are dragonborn and dawnguard (both of which were fantastic). I have all the masks, all homes and land plots, though not all land plots are fully built. Having said that, It seems there are a few shouts I'm missing (soul tear, for example), only 17/24 Barenziah stones, and there are unfinished other small portions, like the side quests in the Soul Cairn. I also skipped talenting into werewolf or becoming a vampire (neither interest me). As many hours as I've played already, I keep hoping there's some more sizable chunk of story that I missed, but it doesn't seem that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the College felt short. It was really weird to become Archmage just like that. I dunno how it actually compares to other factions in terms of gameplay hours, but the pacing definitely made it feel like it went from 0-100.

But yeah I do think there is a point where you've just 'beaten' Skyrim and it's not when you've done everything. The radiant quests and some of the side quests are so small and insignificant that you're really not missing anything by not doing them.

There are some really big and high quality quest mods that can keep you going though, like Beyond Skyrim: Bruma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    One of these days I'll get around to downloading mods and shit to make the game not look like total ass so that I can play this...one of these days...
    Maybe you're just too picky. With the original Skyrim, sure, I had a lot of texture and graphical mods, I think most of us did. But with the SE version, I found that the base game's graphics and texture quality were good enough to run with. I.E. I didn't feel like the dip in FPS for graphics mods was going to be worth the increase in visual appeal, it already looked nice enough, and stable enough, to play with. I ended up focusing more on mods that add stuff, like armor, weapons, quests, or modify existing ones, rather than on textures and graphics. Cut my mod list down by something like 75+ mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Maybe you're just too picky. With the original Skyrim, sure, I had a lot of texture and graphical mods, I think most of us did. But with the SE version, I found that the base game's graphics and texture quality were good enough to run with. I.E. I didn't feel like the dip in FPS for graphics mods was going to be worth the increase in visual appeal, it already looked nice enough, and stable enough, to play with. I ended up focusing more on mods that add stuff, like armor, weapons, quests, or modify existing ones, rather than on textures and graphics. Cut my mod list down by something like 75+ mods.
    It's less that and more...the character models make me want to remove my eyes with melon baller. I'm picky to a point - did the same with FO3/NV as I couldn't stand those base models either. Took forever for me to find the motivation to mod/play those, Skyrim is only different in that it appears a more daunting game to get through than those two so it's lower on my priority list : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's less that and more...the character models make me want to remove my eyes with melon baller. I'm picky to a point - did the same with FO3/NV as I couldn't stand those base models either. Took forever for me to find the motivation to mod/play those, Skyrim is only different in that it appears a more daunting game to get through than those two so it's lower on my priority list : P
    Haha yeah, FO3 and NV character models are...well, just bad. So are Oblivion's. Tried playing that recently and the faces of NPCs made me quit. I was more talking about world textures and lighting...I do download new facegens for NPCs, even in SE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is SE worth it if you can already run texture mod that you want? Ive been looking at screenshots and the comparison between the two, its not huge.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Is SE worth it if you can already run texture mod that you want? Ive been looking at screenshots and the comparison between the two, its not huge.
    For me it ran a lot of the mods made for it better than original did. It also has enhanced graphics from the outset, so it seems to run under less load on my machine. I followed the guide on nexus forums for mod load order and compatibility...sorta like a new version of STEP. To me it is vastly superior to Oldrim, but I think to each their own.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's a lot more stable than Oldrim/vanilla Skyrim so while with texture mods etc they both can look pretty much identical SE will offer a smoother experience. The only mods I personally thought were necessary and required SKSE have already been ported over since the release of SKSE64 so imo there's really no reason to stick to Oldrim.

...Unless, I suppose, you want all of those sex mods. I don't think SE will ever receive the same support as Oldrim for that crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Weird to see folks claiming that the College is short. I suppose if you skip the side quests it is, but there's quite a bit of other stuff associated, though one of the more promising ones does ultimately not have much to a point of it.

I had fired this game back up a few months ago, and after... I dunno, 300-ish hours, I think I'm fairly done, but have no real way of truly knowing if there's some storyline I've yet to see.

I run the companions, thieves guild, college and dark brotherhood, main Anduin story is done, as are dragonborn and dawnguard (both of which were fantastic). I have all the masks, all homes and land plots, though not all land plots are fully built. Having said that, It seems there are a few shouts I'm missing (soul tear, for example), only 17/24 Barenziah stones, and there are unfinished other small portions, like the side quests in the Soul Cairn. I also skipped talenting into werewolf or becoming a vampire (neither interest me). As many hours as I've played already, I keep hoping there's some more sizable chunk of story that I missed, but it doesn't seem that way.
    Did you do all the Daedric quests? I'd never even heard of Namira's quest before looking up the page for the link. Also there's the Aetherium forge quests..... probably several others...
    Last edited by Tierbook; 2018-01-27 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played the absolute shit out of Skyrim and modded it for years. Have been waiting for Script Extender for Skyrim:SE before I moved over to it full time.

Though I'm currently 180hrs deep in a new Character with nearly 8gb of Mods. Would likely be a while before I changed over to SE completely.

Though the Mod Ordinator literally breathed so much new life into Skyrim for me that I will still likely play it for years to come. Best Talent Overhaul Mod for the game. I played with SPERG for years and Ordinator blows it out of the Water.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have SKSE working for SE already. It says it's like 'beta' but I have 200+ mods and all that need it work perfectly.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Did you do all the Daedric quests? I'd never even heard of Namira's quest before looking up the page for the link. Also there's the Aetherium forge quests..... probably several others...
    Ooh that's true, those are fun. I somehow completely messed the Break of Dawn quest until this playthrough, and the Dawnbreaker is my new favorite sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I did all those with the exception of The Cursed Tribe and Whispering Door. also did the Aetherium ones.

Time to start messing with mods and roll another character after a break

The recent activities in this thread made me look up and realized that there is a Legacy of the Dragonborn in SE now, even tho its still called beta since SKSE64 is still in alpha.. Been waiting to play that for a very very long time, rping as a relics/treasures hunter for a museum. Think its time to mod my SSE!